Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'm at about 5.4k achievement points

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I have like 3k, stopped caring about achievements long ago o3o

I've got 4.3k which I doubt will be enough for anything but one can hope..

10+ Year Old Account
    Ive got 6694 achievement points which puts me in the 90th percentile (greater than 90% of players) and the leaderboards show the top 1000 players as ranging between 7601 and 10830.

But I read something somewhere that led me to believe that the rewards would not necessarily be for overall points, more like points in a certain category. So like dungeon cheeves or slayer cheeves or wvw cheeves, etc. would earn rewards specific to those categories. Unless I read that totally wrong....
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm only at 2400 achievement points and higher than 80% of the world lol. I hardly play though.

I'm only at 4.1k points

But I read something somewhere that led me to believe that the rewards would not necessarily be for overall points, more like points in a certain category. So like dungeon cheeves or slayer cheeves or wvw cheeves, etc. would earn rewards specific to those categories. Unless I read that totally wrong....
    That would make things very boring. Working purely on slayer achievements for the reward seems like a needless grind. Not to mention there is also one time achievements only like dailys and the living storys so those points wouldn't mean anything.

Best bet it's like Rift loyalty rewards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm only at 4.1k points

That would make things very boring. Working purely on slayer achievements for the reward seems like a needless grind. Not to mention there is also one time achievements only like dailys and the living storys so those points wouldn't mean anything.

Best bet it's like Rift loyalty rewards.
    No, wanna know why? cuz michael jackson, beat you to it! HAH!

Ok now to the point:
    -As long as it's not a boring mindless grind of achievement points to get a skin i'm okay, but I can imagine an item costing 9000 Achiev points.

Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    No, wanna know why? cuz michael jackson, beat you to it! HAH!

Ok now to the point:
    -As long as it's not a boring mindless grind of achievement points to get a skin i'm okay, but I can imagine an item costing 9000 Achiev points.
    I'm it'll be split into multi pieces instead of a full set much like what HoM is.

But this is a great system to give player rewards for people who play the game, getting people to play more of the one time things just for achievement points. It's quite.. devious.

I love it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    snip
    You are better off just providing the image link instead of posting the picture.

And another fiery set? What about an aquatic set? Or a nature set? Or a pig costume?

I don't really get the "another fire set". We got the weapons and now we get the armor to match. I can't really think of any firey armor sets that have been released.

zito is probably thinking of the CoF armor set which has some elements of fire incorporated into the look and then also the molten gauntlets from the flame and frost living story

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    zito is probably thinking of the CoF armor set which has some elements of fire incorporated into the look and then also the molten gauntlets from the flame and frost living story
    This basically. Why is it designed around fire if it's an achievement reward. Do we have to jump into a volcano after we get enough achievement points to get it?

Why fire when we already have fire...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Ok, so it's not the Tengu areas opening, it's a flying sanctum that leaves after a few weeks. Hm.
    Need more information!
    there are pictures which also show a area not in the sky... I'm trying to find those again.

found it:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so excited about this HoM-like achievement reward system...

new armor sets, new weapon sets, lots of stuff... hell even gems and gold. Yeah, this certainly makes me focus on achievements

Last edited by Maarius; 2013-07-02 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Why fire when we already have fire...
    I think fire is their go-to to make up for shoddy gear design. :P "How do we make it look less... boring? Let's add FIRE!"

The crystal (quartz?) pieces look nice, but they're still not anything I feel like I must have (just based on what I've seen). Honestly, I think the holographic wings are the only thing they've put out so far that I've really wanted and that's mostly cause I'm just nuts for wings in general.

If they ever put out something that's pretty, sexy, or even just cute that's not town clothing (not holding my breath at this point) I'd be thrilled, but I have no desire for my chicas to go around looking like one of the Flame Legion effigies. Although, I suppose I should reserve judgment until I see what the medium and light versions look like (<-- disclaimer in the very off chance the light armor is some kind of middle eastern/indian style fire dancer costume or something :P).

Not even sure why they bother with town clothing at this point.

It doesn't fulfill it's role they intended at all and there is hardly any.

They should revamp it like they did with costume brawl.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    there are pictures which also show a area not in the sky... I'm trying to find those again.

found it:
    New regions, amazing! *Puts on Explorer hat*

- - - Updated - - -

I'm so excited about this HoM-like achievement reward system...

new armor sets, new weapon sets, lots of stuff... hell even gems and gold. Yeah, this certainly makes me focus on achievements
    Wait... where does ist say 'HoM-like'? I mean, this would be the best way to implement it, skins you can get every time again, but until now I've only seen people suggesting that it will be like HoM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I think fire is their go-to to make up for shoddy gear design. :P "How do we make it look less... boring? Let's add FIRE!"
    Maybe they are just adding more fire gear because many have achieved the flame gauntlets, but not everyone runs explorables? Just a thought.
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    Wait... where does ist say 'HoM-like'? I mean, this would be the best way to implement it, skins you can get every time again, but until now I've only seen people suggesting that it will be like HoM.
    you got me there

Well it sounds very much like it... especially with the mentioning of the new UI design

New and Improved Achievement Panel UI

Learning about achievements has never been easier! Our revamped UI will make it simple for you to keep track of specific achievements and rewards. You can also look at individual achievements in detail to find point breakdowns, potential rewards, and helpful tips.
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-ga.../july-09-2013/
    Last edited by Maarius; 2013-07-03 at 04:03 PM.

I'm very excited for the account achievement reward system and Skyhammer. I've wanted an Asura-based SPVP map for quite some time now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dulfy View Post
    The scavenger hunt sounds pretty cool I am really glad they are finally doing something to the home instances, hopefully they will add more with time.
    let's hope that the new achievement rewards are also acquired in the Home Instance, it's truly a waste of resources atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    As for the new map, so far all the maps they added after release are horrible so maybe 3rd time's the charm?
    Temple of the Silent Storm is one of the best tPvP maps and it was added after release.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    let's hope that the new achievement rewards are also acquired in the Home Instance, it's truly a waste of resources atm.
    Temple of the Silent Storm is one of the best tPvP maps and it was added after release.
    erm, no. It's a horrible map unless you think that a 6cap is a balanced system ofcourse....

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    erm, no. It's a horrible map unless you think that a 6cap is a balanced system ofcourse....
    there's really no wrong or right here, some people (like me) love this map for their reasons, others don't (for their own reasons)...

@Odeezee: I like the idea of getting the rewards in the home instance and giving you more things to do there... I'd just wish it would come along a city-revamp where we get lot's of stuff to do in the cities and reasons to go there.