Poll: What would you do?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Because I've wanted it since Classic.
    but can you even make a whole x-pac about that?
    I mean the Emerald Dream is just what, a copy of Azeroth except without people and civilization?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I prey that it will be Legion themed and we get sent to Argus.
    Hopefully this comes true, but I think the chances are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    I mean the Emerald Dream is just what, a copy of Azeroth except without people and civilization?
    It's far more. It's like the original blueprint of Azeroth, where everthing stayed like it was.
    If bad things happens to the Dream, it also causes bad things to Azeroth itself.

I think you could Build and expansion out of it.
    It was even planned as a Raid in Vanilla. And yes sure, a raid and a whole expansion are two completly different things.
    But even a Raid would be nice, where we fought and stop the Emerald Nightmare.
    Last edited by Feluna; 2013-07-04 at 10:12 PM.

Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Deleted
    Basically.

I'm sure they COULD make an expansion out of it if they managed to pack the dream with interesting gribblies, I mean - pandaria is "just" another island, but it's interesting enough. I think the real problem would be that the emerald dream is so huge that they'd either have to allow just a few zones, or make what's essentially an entire copy of Azeroth, but huge amounts of it would be pointless and empty - not sure either is going to satisfy.

I'm fine with whatever expansion they put out, I have zero hope of it happening, but I'd really like to see Yogg-saron come back and for us to have a proper Azjol-nerub expansion / raid tier.

After C'thun coming back in lore, Y'shaarj still being sentient to some extent even after the Titans totaled him, it seems fairly safe to say Yogg isn't dead for good, he had his tendrils all over Northrend, I'd love to see some some more of that. Metzen or someone said that originally Yogg-saron was going to be the endboss of an Azjol focused raid - I'd just love to see the original envisioning of that, since scrapping the nerubian raid in WOTLK was criminal.

Caverns of time focused expansion with lots of old timey events would be neat too, a proper War of the Ancients raid and whatnot, there's heaps of past events that are only covered in books / the older RTS's that could be nice to see as playable content.
    I can dream.

I didn't like TBC. I felt that they mangled too many characters to give us raid content, and some of the most interesting stories in Warcraft were ended too soon because of it. However, Blizzard's storytelling in WoW has improved significantly since TBC, and seeing MoP levels of story intrigue in a Legion themed expansion would be mind-blowing.

I'm more interested in the big new features that will be in the next X-pack. I'm fine with whatever theme or main villain they choose for it.

It would probably turn out the same as it has since I started in wrath. I say "Ooooh, pretty cinematic", then I read up on every little spoiler bit so I'm not a complete ignoramus my first couple days, then I level my main guy through ever possible quest available to him before starting in on another one of my 90's. Then I slow way down to a stopping point, take a couple months break, and get started back in before the next shiny cinematic.
    "If I didn't have bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

They expanded the idea of some Panda island to be a massive continent filled with new lore. Emerald Dream is a place where pretty much anything can happen. It's literally a dream, this is not something we should be restricted in creativity and imagination here. Anything can happen, it can easily be an expansion of itself.

Lore can be expanded, have new stuff in it. MoP has shattered the preconceived notions of what can and cannot happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't matter what the theme would be, I'd play it, but if (now this is just a big -IF-) TESO (The Elder Scrolls Online, for anyone not familiar with the shortened version) was to have a monthly fee, I'd drop WoW instantly, even if I like the current xpac by the time it is out

A tiny bit off-topic there, so TLDR: I'd continue to play no matter the xpac and its theme, for the time being...
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is %&#$@# kung fu legion!