Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Should Blizzard balance the game around 2's?

Or at least find a way to increase player participation in the 3's bracket besides offering cosmetic rewards that less than 1% of the player base will ever earn?

Maybe Blizzard could give titles similar to the ones earned in Rated Battle Grounds (scout, grunt, sergeant etc.) for every 100 rating over 1500 in 3's, and 5's?

I personally do enjoy 3's, and even 5's, but I don't understand the idea of balancing the game around a bracket the majority of players never even participate in.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-07-03 at 02:10 AM.

Balance will never happen regardless of whether they balance around 2s or 3s or 5s, it doesn't matter, in a game of this size and bloat, at least without spell pvp/pve separation, there will be always be X beats Y beats Z.

Player participation in 3s will somewhat be fixed in 5.4 when the region-wide changes go through, looking forward to seeing how that plays out, and looking forward to queuing in to a larger variety of Hunter teams

Quote Originally Posted by moistau View Post
    Balance will never happen regardless of whether they balance around 2s or 3s or 5s, it doesn't matter, in a game of this size and bloat, at least without spell pvp/pve separation, there will be always be X beats Y beats Z.

Player participation in 3s will somewhat be fixed in 5.4 when the region-wide changes go through, looking forward to seeing how that plays out, and looking forward to queuing in to a larger variety of Hunter teams
    As a feral/warlock team I will really enjoy playing against hunters =D

Give more rewards to 3's, 2's is completely un-balanced and will never be. It's way to hard to even to think of trying to balance 2's because of how much CC can not be stopped and how much dispels are required more than ever in higher ratings.

They used to try and balance the game around 2s when arena was new. That's when everyone and their dog got interrupts, dispells, and drastic class changes were happening left and right in vast supply.

I'm very glad that they made 2s not matter.

15+ Year Old Account
    Might as well balance around 1v1 if you balance around 2v2.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Might as well balance around 1v1 if you balance around 2v2.
    The game was damn well balanced when 2's were still "balanced around" compared to how it's been since the end of WotLK.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    They used to try and balance the game around 2s when arena was new. That's when everyone and their dog got interrupts, dispells, and drastic class changes were happening left and right in vast supply.

I'm very glad that they made 2s not matter.
    they never tried to balance around 2s they had 2s in mind when balancing; big difference, 5v5 was the original focus but when it got to costly to send a5 person teams to competitions. the focus shifted to 3s before it was dropped outright due to lack of support from blizz

but no 2s was always a niche bracket that tended to exclude half the specs

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    The game was damn well balanced when 2's were still "balanced around" compared to how it's been since the end of WotLK.
    Agree. From the blizzard design point it makes no sense to balance classes solely around 3's viability. They have been slowly casualizing the game and they know players prefer to work in smaller groups so really its just silly. Wow isn't a top e-sport game...time to let go of this 3's balancing BS. You would hope they could balance all brackets pretty evenly but obviously they aren't going to invest the resources needed to do that anymore. The reward system DEfffffffff has to be looked at though. There is absolutely no incentive to form a 3's team with friends who aren't gonna make it to glad. The wow pvp team have just been progressively getting worse. They are so far out of touch with the game its not even funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I don't think it was at all. All you ever saw when they took 2s into account was:

Rogue/Mage/Priest
    Warlock/Rogue/Druid
    Drain teams aka. Warlock/Hunter/Disc

That's all I can really remember facing regularly in the four seasons I played when they were somewhat balancing around 2s.

People tend to forget the imbalances, always happens, take off the rose-tinted glasses people.

But moot points anyway; to be honest I don't think they balance around 3s either

I'd like to see it being balanced around 2s, because it's my favorite format.

truth be told I'd rather have 1s, but you can't have everything at life
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    They cant even balance the game around 3s, how could they balance it around 2s?
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    3s, since its now tournament based, should stay as the maint point of balance.

majority of players never even participate in.
    Should be about time to drop the qq from the majority of players, most of them dont know how to play the game. Just look at lfr, random bgs or capping 2s.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    I'd like to see it being balanced around 2s, because it's my favorite format.

truth be told I'd rather have 1s, but you can't have everything at life
    1's would be fun, until you come up against blood dk's. I prefer 2's as well, if it was more balanced i would probably come back to wow.

Deleted
    - 30% healing penalty in 2's
    - 75% mana regen penalty in 2's
    - Symbiosis/powershifting removed at least in 2's
    - DK diseases 50% damage nerf in 2's due to healing nerf

Would go a long way already.
    Last edited by mmocf11091e3a8; 2013-07-03 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    - 30% healing penalty in 2's
    - 75% mana regen penalty in 2's
    - Symbiosis/powershifting removed at least in 2's
    - DK diseases 50% damage nerf in 2's due to healing nerf

Would go a long way already.
    this isnt biased at all.

No, 3s are the most coordinated and competitive. 2s are frankly fotm only ( way more so then 3s) and are much easier. Most of the players dont know how to play competitive pvp anyways, so its a silly argument.
    Why should those who work harder at it, have more talent, and achiev more in pvp take a back seat in whats being balanced. I would rather 2200+ 3s be perfectly balanced and everything else isnt at all. Even if it benefits a majority more, because then whats their to work to? mastering 2s is learning to walk, while 3s
    is learning to run
    communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Deleted
    The game should be balanced 1v1 or 2v2.

Hell no! The 2v2 crybabies ruined everything. PvE used to be so OP till these kids swayed blizz. Stop nerfing PvE over arena! Undo every nerf and make PvE OP again. Then fire Kalgan so GC can have a split with abilities so they work differently depending whether you're flagged or not. That's how it should have been day one! If something is too OP for PvP adjust THAT part of the ability so it doesn't affect PvE. If something is too OP for PvE?....lol...its SUPPOSED to be OP! Leave it the hell alone!

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't even balance this game around 3's. When they balance pvp, they look at RBG's first and arena's second. Look at the unneeded damage reduction nerfs to locks, shadow, Balance. Blizzard only cares about RBG's when it comes to pvp. Everything else is just piled on and people just adapt to whatever is good every patch.

Quote Originally Posted by moistau View Post
    I don't think it was at all. All you ever saw when they took 2s into account was:

Rogue/Mage/Priest
    Warlock/Rogue/Druid
    Drain teams aka. Warlock/Hunter/Disc

That's all I can really remember facing regularly in the four seasons I played when they were somewhat balancing around 2s.

People tend to forget the imbalances, always happens, take off the rose-tinted glasses people.

But moot points anyway; to be honest I don't think they balance around 3s either
    Except of course that in Wrath I saw every single class and at least 2 of it's specs represented in 2's above a 2k MMR. And at least 90% of those were represented in gladiator range between s6-s8.

The game was undeniably more balanced in Wrath. So much so that 2's back then were more balanced than 3's are now.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-07-03 at 01:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15