Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    They used to try and balance the game around 2s when arena was new. That's when everyone and their dog got interrupts, dispells, and drastic class changes were happening left and right in vast supply.

I'm very glad that they made 2s not matter.
    hows is anything you described different than it is now?

It'd be nice to see even titles or something for 2s, even if they were different.

I can't believe I still pay for wow. They don't care about pvp and certainly not arena despite what they claim time to time. I've pretty much given up hope.

im othe game shouldnt be balanced around pvp at all. its a PVE game, PVP was added after the fact for something else to do, like archeology and pet battles, and should be treated as such.
    Till water is gone, Till shade is gone. Into the shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath. To spit in Sightblinders eye on the last day.

I think that the game should be primarily balanced around 1v1. Arena is not the only thing that exists in PvP. Neither the most popular or fun for most players. As far as arena is concerned, they should take some special measures to further balance all formats. I don't understand just why they are so reluctant to impose some special rules in arenas, and the game has to suffer in the rest of PvP and even worse PvE because of their apprehension.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    im othe game shouldnt be balanced around pvp at all. its a PVE game, PVP was added after the fact for something else to do, like archeology and pet battles, and should be treated as such.
    too bad the pve part sucks balls. know what? They shouls actually balance the game around roleplaying, since its a rpg after all

I think that if they reduced healer's heal by 30% and increase their damage by 30% 2s would be pretty well balanced.

To be honest, I don't really find that 2s is that much less balanced than 3s, healers are a bit too strong in 2s, but so if beast cleave, hunter/ret/healer and god comp in 3s.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myci View Post
    this isnt biased at all.
    Why? There's a couple classes ruining 2v2 right now: BM Hunters, DK's, Ferals and Priests.

No reason to not balance around 2s. It's the most popular bracket and the game is only going to be more balanced as a result.
    Blizzard announced that they wern't balancing around 2s anymore; game balance goes to hell. Coincidence? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by hammock View Post
    No reason to not balance around 2s. It's the most popular bracket and the game is only going to be more balanced as a result.
    Blizzard announced that they wern't balancing around 2s anymore; game balance goes to hell. Coincidence? I think not.
    How would they even balance 2's? It's such a broken bracket at the moment. It will never be as balanced as 3's, because every team will have a healer, in 2's you won't. Which means classes like frost mages will make you sit in roots forever, and polys and kill you in a deep cause your teammate can't dispel the Deep Freeze.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    The game should be balanced 1v1 or 2v2.
    Ideally 1vs1.

Problem is, cause of the nature of this game, healers and tanks are cast out.(tanks allready have no place in the arena for quite some time)

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    Why? There's a couple classes ruining 2v2 right now: BM Hunters, DK's, Ferals and Priests.
    Its a bit of a closeminded view on all the balance in 2s. And more so its actually just neutering some things to to a point they might just be garbage. Just because they are op doesnt mean that these changes wouldnt just make something else become king in 2s. I play rogue/rdruid and destroy with it. Mage healer is great also. Spriest/ frostmage is R1( maybe 2 now ) on tich. Not to mention the mana thing would just make double dps that can offheal and turtle gods and healers garbage. Theres crazy imbalance all over the place, throwing huge nerfs at like 3 classes most definitely will not fix it without looking at and messing with the whole picture.
    It at least will be abit better next patch when healers cant tie it anymore and 2v2 rating scaling. Note all these things are op or strong in 3s, if they were balanced there then it would be alot better here aswell
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Deleted
    Ideally 1vs1.
    Never. That would work only for random bg and duels, which the first is a fail balance wise by design

they could balance it around 3s first, as 2v2 will always have pretty hard counters. 3v3 was relatively balanced once...in ages past.

Not sure if they should balance around 2s. In fact I can't think of anything worse. I do think they should bring back rewards to 2s though. If anything it promotes PvP activity since more people are likely to arena in smaller groups. I remember when 2s became obsolete in wrath there was a huge transition of people sitting around and not playing since getting 3 players together for a session is 3 times harder to do than 2 players.

The problem was that a lot of players were playing solely 2s. Classes that couldn't participate in 2s in BC (which is quite a few) were very left out and struggled to find 3s. For example a ret paladin had atleast one niche 3s comp, however was completely obliterated by a mana burn/drain/sting in 2s.

I'm all down for a little bracket imbalance if it promotes more people to play though. Hopefully the new arena changes will help as well

10+ Year Old Account
    just ban healers/tanks from 2's and go from there, easy to balance 2 dps v 2 dps

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    just ban healers/tanks from 2's and go from there, easy to balance 2 dps v 2 dps
    Finally a voice of reason. Been saying this for years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraman View Post
    Finally a voice of reason. Been saying this for years.
    Or lets ban dps and everyone wins! We can give people flowers and have hugging competitions!
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    - 30% healing penalty in 2's
    - 75% mana regen penalty in 2's
    - Symbiosis/powershifting removed at least in 2's
    - DK diseases 50% damage nerf in 2's due to healing nerf

Would go a long way already.
    Double DPS would dominate, and you're nerfing a couple of specific spells.

Also, by mana regen nerf, I assume you mean spirit. Monk would dominate with mana tea. Shaman would be terrible due to their only mana CD relying on spirit. If you mean mana regen overall (including from abilities), Mana DPS would suck. Imagine the OOM Mages, spriests (who are already vulnerable to going OOM), ret pallies, enhancement shamans ect. If the nerf's only for healers: Spec Balance druid or ret pala and dominate @ healing.

Why don't we just remove healing from 2s, then.

Also: what do you think battle fatigue does? It already reduces ALL healing by 45%, an you're going to throw another 30% on top of that?

Deleted
    45% fatigue is not nearly enough for 2's. In case you didn't notice, healer/dps absolute dominates that ladder. If they want to balance it, either healing needs a reduction in 2's, or, what I would prefer, split it into double dps vs double dps and healer/dps vs healer/dps.