Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    I completely forgot about Cho'Gall, but the we didn't kill the Old Gods, just put them back to sleep. When we encountered the Old Gods they weren't even in their primal sate, they weren't even at a fraction of their full potential power.
    First of all Blizzard changed their stance against old gods with cataclysm stating that we really killed C'thun for good and Cho'gall absorbed the remaining power from its body. When we killed C'thun we can assume that we also killed Yogg'saron for good.

As for how powerful these gods were we can't really say how powerful they were and how powerful the heart of Y'shaarj is. But Y'shaarj is the only god that was killed by the Titans and all other gods were only imprisoned because of what Y'shaarj's death has caused to Azeroth. I would assume that a fully functional old god that is regaining its full power is more powerful than the heart of an old dead god.

You pitiful non orcs dont stand a chance against the mighty Garrosh Hellscream

But in all seriousness and its something that garrosh shouldve seen it doesnt matter if you turn everyone one of your soldiers into a juiced up killing machine you are still gonna lose by attrition

Its just simple numbers its like if the US government injected each of there soldiers with go go juice it would make them the perfect warriors but they still would be up against the rest of the world and they still would lose soldiers to a point where a war of attrition would make him lose

Unless garrosh new toy makes his soldiers invunerable where they simply cannot die he will lose if he is up against every other race on the planet

This whole thing is fucking retarded it doesnt matter how much you can make your soldiers strong if you aint got the numbers you will lose in the end

OK yeah garrosh has lost his mind i accept that but hey im gonna RP where my toon dies by his side Lok'tar Ogar

Well for one story wise you are the greatest heroes on Azeroth, we've defeated some of the greatest threats to our way of life and the entire world before, but because we had the help of some greater person or power in order to really make it work. Defeated Illidain with the help of Akama and Maiev, Defeated Kil'Jaden with the help of Velen, Defeated Arthas with the help of Tyrion and Yogg'Saron with the help of the watchers, we took down the Firelord with the help of the greatest druids on the face of Azeroth and stopped The Destroyer with the help of The Aspects and Thrall. While we are a pretty impressive force to be reckoned with we need help to defeat these large villains. My guess is we will have the help of the some of the larger named members of the Alliance and Horde to take down Garrosh once and for all.

Deleted
    Because we have Plot Armor of course.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought that the Dark Heart of Pandaria was in fact the heart of Y'shaarj. When Garrosh absorbs it, he's not being empowered by the Sha of Pride, he's being empowered by the remnants of Y'shaarj's energy.
    You aren't wrong. He is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post

oooooh kay...

So.. we, thats us, the adventurers, have fought against:

Two old gods
    The lord of undeath
    The destroyer of worlds in his most corrupted state
    The betrayer at his full power
    An all mighty demon lord empowered by the sunwell
    Countless dragons and demons and undead elites
    Against loa gods and goddesses

.... and you ask, how can we possibly defeat, a corrupt douchebag tyrant, who stole power from an old gods heart..

need I remind you, We Fought Against Two Old Gods.
    Do note the old gods weren't even close to full strength.

Although we didn't kill Arthas, he toyed with us, insta-gibbed us and it was Tyrion with the Ashbringer who struck him down when he was vulnerable.

Deathwing, lorewise, should be able to wipe us out in 1 fell swipe aswell, this was weird for us being able to even touch him.
    I do know the Dragon Soul was used, but even before that we we're damaging him.

Illidan, again, lore-wise, should've been able to take us.

KJ was also only partly through the well and couldn't harness his full powers, I presume.

Dragons, demons and undead aren't that strong I guess.

I have no clue about Loa Gods etc..

We aren't that strong, a lot of help from outside was necessary and we never would've made it against a lot of enemies if it weren't for them.

EDIT: Garrosh is already very strong, his ancestors being able to 1 shot a Pit Lord, he has a strong weapon aswell [open for dicussion if it's the actual gorehowl], him being empowered directly with old god remnants and maybe several other demonifications he might've had in Ragefire, he can rise to be quite a strong opponent.

Maybe not Deathwing or Lich King strong, but hey, they were able to one shot us.
    Last edited by mmoc851eedbfae; 2013-07-03 at 09:56 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    Do note the old gods weren't even close to full strength.

Although we didn't kill Arthas, he toyed with us, insta-gibbed us and it was Tyrion with the Ashbringer who struck him down when he was vulnerable.

Deathwing, lorewise, should be able to wipe us out in 1 fell swipe aswell, this was weird for us being able to even touch him.
    I do know the Dragon Soul was used, but even before that we we're damaging him.

Illidan, again, lore-wise, should've been able to take us.

KJ was also only partly through the well and couldn't harness his full powers, I presume.

Dragons, demons and undead aren't that strong I guess.

I have no clue about Loa Gods etc..

We aren't that strong, a lot of help from outside was necessary and we never would've made it against a lot of enemies if it weren't for them.
    We're incredibly strong. NPCs tell us in game all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    We're incredibly strong. NPCs tell us in game all the time.
    We are, but not as strong as major plot characters.

Like Thrall, I bet he could fuck us over big time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe we don't beat him and we lose

We become the old powerful Horde once again! and we keep trolls locked up in cages!

One can hope

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    'Cause it's boring that everything just dies and since theres no confirmation on anything I just like to assume things. It makes you feel sad that I assume things?
    You seem to like Garrosh, yet you seem to have missed one of his favorite quotes: Lok'tar Ogar, victory, or death.

If he wish to live truly to these words, he must die after being defeated, even if it has to be by his own hand.

15+ Year Old Account
    We are, but not as strong as major plot characters.

Like Thrall, I bet he could fuck us over big time.
    Sure. But large portions of this thread have insinuated we're on the same level as grunts. This isn't the case. We are notable heroes in our own right. Of course, it's a video game and it's impossible to make every single player be the spotlight. We aid in the battles. I think it's pretty fair to think that Deathwing could not be overtaken by us alone or that the Lich King could kill us all in one hit.

These bosses do extraordinary things. Sometimes, they do way more than even a hero like Thrall could imagine doing (though Thrall's story has gotten pretty out there in terms of preternatural ability). That we weaken them up for the bigger hero seems to me that we're a vital force in this fight. Without us beating these dudes up, Thrall and the like would never have the chance to swoop in and Dennis Rodman the fight.

If it were so easy for Thrall and Tyrion and Maeiv to do what it is they do at the last 10%, Blizzard would never need to write us into the story at all. They could create a total separation between the player and monumental events like the death if Illidan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Sure. But large portions of this thread have insinuated we're on the same level as grunts. This isn't the case. We are notable heroes in our own right. Of course, it's a video game and it's impossible to make every single player be the spotlight. We aid in the battles. I think it's pretty fair to think that Deathwing could not be overtaken by us alone or that the Lich King could kill us all in one hit.

These bosses do extraordinary things. Sometimes, they do way more than even a hero like Thrall could imagine doing (though Thrall's story has gotten pretty out there in terms of preternatural ability). That we weaken them up for the bigger hero seems to me that we're a vital force in this fight. Without us beating these dudes up, Thrall and the like would never have the chance to swoop in and Dennis Rodman the fight.

If it were so easy for Thrall and Tyrion and Maeiv to do what it is they do at the last 10%, Blizzard would never need to write us into the story at all. They could create a total separation between the player and monumental events like the death if Illidan.
    You're right, we are needed, but in no way are we the spotlight, nor do I think we need to be.

We need to distract the big bad, so that our plot characters can prepare their uber-wtf-pwnage beam/missile/attack/whatever to do the bad guy in.

We are needed, we are strong, but we're not the ones who put the baddies down.

We fought C'thun, Yogg'saron, Deathwing the Destroyer, The Lich King, Illidan and KIL'JAEDEN FOR CRIPES SAKE! I think we'll be ok dealing with Y'shaarj infused Garrosh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    We fought C'thun, Yogg'saron, Deathwing the Destroyer, The Lich King, Illidan and KIL'JAEDEN FOR CRIPES SAKE! I think we'll be ok dealing with Y'shaarj infused Garrosh.
    As I said in a couple of posts;

We're merely the distracting a lot of the time, it's a super strong plot character with a special item [Dragon soul, Ashbringer] who actually puts them down.

Through teamwork we manage to show our strength and valor, but then the baddies laugh and brush us off.
    We couldn't have killed Arthas nor Deathwing without their help.

As for the old gods; They weren't at full power, they are of equal or greater power than titans if truly 'charged up'.

Up till now, Broxigar The Red with the help of a special axe made by Malfurion in order of Cenarius was able to merely make a small wound on Sargeras, would you really think we are much stronger than Broxigar? At most I say we're about equal, we have special items aswell, and we have grown in strength over the past years, but we're not capable of actually killing any old god, lich king, deathwing and doubtfully Illidan.

Although not prominent, Akama helped us defeat Illidan I think.

And Kil'Jaeden... well, yeah, I think because he was still 'stuck' in the portal, he couldn't unleash his full devastation, we merely pushed him back.

Kil'Jaeden: Sunwell Plateau merely a setback!

Also, Kil'Jaeden is just an Eredar infused with demon powers, much like Garrosh is just an orc with Y'Shaarj's powers.

EDIT: Not just Akama, also Maiev helped us defeat Illidan.
    Last edited by mmoc851eedbfae; 2013-07-03 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    They beat the insects, never the Old Gods themselves. What you quoted had no mention of Old Gods at all, just the race they would later shape their respective insectoid minions from.
    I may have gotten the timelines mixed up, but I was under the impression that the Aqir were just primitive insects before Old Gods, not an empire that could destroy the world. The timeline is mentioned in Klaxxi exalted quest:

Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: Before your history began, our empire was vast. We shared this world with our sister kingdoms, Ahn'Qiraj and Azjol-Nerub.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: Our Gods were many, and powerful. We mantid worshipped the seven heads of Y'shaarj.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: Great was the Old One, and terrible was His wrath. He consumed hope and begat despair; He inhaled courage and breathed fear.
    Kil'ruk the Wind-Reaver says: When the usurpers came - the ones you call "Titans" - Y'shaarj was destroyed.

As for the old gods; They weren't at full power, they are of equal or greater power than titans if truly 'charged up'.
    People seem to have a hard on for the Old Gods and I'm not sure why.

Cannon lore has stated that the Titans didn't destroy the Old Gods because their survival was tied to Azeroth. That implies that the Titans clearly had the ability to wipe them out but chose not to. I don't believe it has even been stated that full Titans were fighting the Old Gods, rather than Titan watchers like Thorim, Hodir, etc. It makes sense though that if a full Titan like Norganon can shape worlds, and the Old Gods are (for what we have been told) unable to even leave Azeroth, that Titan >>>>> Old God. OG's are certainly among the most powerful of foes that we have encountered in the game, but there is nothing in the lore that suggests that an Old God is a match for a full Pantheon-member Titan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    People seem to have a hard on for the Old Gods and I'm not sure why.

Cannon lore has stated that the Titans didn't destroy the Old Gods because their survival was tied to Azeroth. That implies that the Titans clearly had the ability to wipe them out but chose not to. I don't believe it has even been stated that full Titans were fighting the Old Gods, rather than Titan watchers like Thorim, Hodir, etc. It makes sense though that if a full Titan like Norganon can shape worlds, and the Old Gods are (for what we have been told) unable to even leave Azeroth, that Titan >>>>> Old God. OG's are certainly among the most powerful of foes that we have encountered in the game, but there is nothing in the lore that suggests that an Old God is a match for a full Pantheon-member Titan.
    Uh... I guess you're right.

There is difference between their strength though.

Old Gods usually corrupt and have great mental powers, since Titan's are, I think, Constructs themselves, they might be immune to the corruption in it's purest form, unless ofcourse, like Sargeras, you start doubting and with that showing mental weakness, the Old Gods can totally corrupt them.

I guess the Titans could just re-originate Azeroth and everything's done, or kill the old gods and kickstart life anew on Azeroth.

One thing I wonder, if the Titans are the creators, where did the Old Gods come from? How do they manifest? How do they stay away from the reaches of the Titans? Does anyone know this?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    He sat in a block of ice for 15 minutes and only then remembered he could bubble out of it.
    To be fair, he probably just assumed it'd been nerfed 'to the ground' and didn't bother trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinare View Post
    we killed both old gods with out help yogg-0 and a titan construct thats job was to just out right destroy the planet.

we over came the taint of all the sha even pride by the time we face Garrosh.

in wow lore our (10man/25man) is the best team of fighter ever in the world we as players are bad asses with ground shaking power.
    And yet you still need to buy your own drinks at the inn

two words : jaina proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    This just in from scrolls of lore. It seems like Garrosh may go though 'stages' of the old gods power infusing with his body.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, seems Malkorok got a slight upgrade too:

#boycottchina