Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Whoa, all these glyphs are incredible!

Currently, I feel that the stated design of glyphs is MOSTLY there for rogues. The big exception is the Adrenaline Rush glyph- if you are combat, you need that glyph, it is an unambiguous dps increase. Even the vendetta glyph isn't a guaranteed increase.

This means that we basically have open glyph slots in raids. I always glyph feint. I normally glyph expose armor (I'm in a 10 man), and my last slot is often smokebomb, but I'm not above something like cloak, sprint, deadly momentum, recuperate, or kick- all fight dependent, but none but cloak are really game changing (deadly momentum is a very small dps increase if you aren't mutilate on an add fight, and the others can be interesting).

However, the PTR is bringing some strangeness.

--
    Glyph of Sharpened Knives:
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=146628
    "Your Fan of Kinves also damages the armor of its victims, applying 1 application of the Weakened Armor effect to each target."

This is a unique thing as far as I know [EDIT: The tallstrider pet can do this, pointed out below]- I don't think Weakened Armor can be applied via aoe by anyone else. This is a CLEAR dps increase on any fight you press fan of knives more than twice on a mob, and once if there's anyone else dealing physical damage in your party. This boosts damage from subsequent fan of knives by a little, and damage from bladestorm and friends by more.
    EDIT: Even with this, I can't imagine every hunter has one ready to go. My 10 doesn't even have hunter (4/13h LF Hunter, PST to Verain of Ursin!), and often hunters have to bring a different pet. Still, not unique. Still quite good.

--

--
    Glyph of Recovery:
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=146625
    "While Recuperate is active, you receive 20% increased healing from other sources."

This is great. While not as sexy as glyph of cat form (which has no restriction), it's giving us back our old +20% healing taken, with the restriction that this is a recuperate specific buff. This SHOULD be competitive in PvP versus any comp that will focus on you. It's unlikely to see use in PvE unless you plan on rolling recup the whole fight, but it could be niche on some fights.
    --

--
    Glyph of Redirect
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=146629
    "Redirect no longer has a cooldown."

This gem looks to be mandatory in any pve fight where you actually switch targets. It's not a clear single target increase, but it DEFINITELY ramps up the competition for a rogue glyph. You'll likely consider this in pvp as well. This glyph is pretty game changing. To be quite honest, it seems too powerful- even though I can think of plenty of times when I wouldn't take it. If it goes live, this will be very exciting, but does it fit Blizzard's current opinion on glyphs? I mean, this is a spell with a minute long cooldown, even if it doesn't have a use in all content. I would expect it to have "...but also costs 10 energy" or something added to it.
    --

--
    Glyph of Hemorrhaging Veins
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=146631
    "Your Saunguinary Veins ability now also increases damage done to targets affected by your Hemorrhage."

This is the most welcome thing around- but also WILDLY powerful. While it won't affect your PvE rotation much (you might let rupture drop for a couple seconds to put up a 5 point, if you screwed up and couldn't do that before), it will affect the difference in damage from a rogue who just keeps up slice and spams eviscerate and doesn't give a hoot about the second timer- that guy will be a lot closer to your sub PvE numbers.
    In PvP, where this nerf was never a good thing, it will really help sub with target swaps. This change was never aimed at pvp, but it sure did add a whole new dumb thing we had to maintain. Still, doesn't this sound TOO good? Like, you won't go into PvP without this glyph if you are sub, it will be fully mandatory. I would expect it to finish off with something like "...but your Sanguinary Vein only increases damage by 18%".
    --

These are pretty game changing, with the last two looking very powerful indeed.
    Last edited by Verain; 2013-07-04 at 03:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter pet's Tallstrider applies an aoe Sunder.

I do like these new thingies though :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa, nice. I do have to say that Tallstrider Pets for Hunters can do an AoE sunder effect, except it applies all 3 stacks in 1 use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Edited, and thanks- didn't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do have to say that the glyph of FoK might be useful for dps if you are the only one who can apply it, even single target. Expose armor deals no damage and costs 25 energy. FoK deals a small amount of damage, can proc poisons, and costs 35 energy. For sub, it can proc HaT, not sure on assasin crit for combo points.

So take this glyph and don't loose out on damage if you need to apply sunders?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I like the new glyphs, but at the same time I don't. I mean combat already has 1 mandatory glyph, but in any fight with target hopping, now it has 2. On any fight with target hopping, sub has 2 mandatory ones now. Really redirect shouldn't ever have had a cd because it is just a problem with our mechanics sucking so it should be baseline. Hemo should also never have been taken off SV.

@Raug
    I'm nearly positive both variants of hunter weakened armor are 1 stack at a time. Though I think theres a druid talent that does AE FF which is 3 stacks. Last time I checked (which was probably wind lord) you couldn't seal fate proc with FoK.

Um, isnt the Hemo glyph just imp hemo from the old talents?
    http://tcgloot.freeforums.org/
    TCG Trading forum, seeing as blizzard took our old one away...

They are very nice additions indeed.

Standard setup i would take is:
    - vendetta/AR/hemo depending on spec
    - FoK
    - Feint.

The first glyph is more or less brainless - it adds utility/raw dps to the specific spec.
    FoK is useful apart for aoe also for when you don't have sunder applications in your raid - a gcd for FoK is surely better than a gcd for expose armor.
    Feint + elusiveness for the best dmg reduction we have.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Mop the expansion of slowly giving rogues back things they had before but in worse versions.

Don't get me wrong its nice to get options back but I don't applaud them for giving back things they should have never taken away.

That redirect glyph is a huge QOL improvement, redirect and the concept of retaining CPs on the target at the moment means you can't move at a pinch. Fights like horridon become arduous.

I really like the recup change as this boosts effective healing by a substantial amount, but unfortunately this isn't tailored for PVE at all well. Standard setup is Vendetta/Smoke bomb and then either Feint or Cloak.

Now unfortunately my glyphs are going to be very cookiecutter, Vendetta/Smoke BomB/Redirect. Also it's not as if rogue don't have enough survivability in PVE .
    Last edited by theherecy; 2013-07-04 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

- FoK
    - Feint.

The first glyph is more or less brainless - it adds utility/raw dps to the specific spec.
    FoK is useful apart for aoe also for when you don't have sunder applications in your raid - a gcd for FoK is surely better than a gcd for expose armor.
    vendetta/AR/hemo for sure, and Feint. The third will be entirely fight dependent. Glyph of Recup is actually v powerful in PVE - I would have loved this on on Council or Megaera progress for example and, when rolling Feint and Elusiveness, there arent many things that should kill you (without making mistakes).

I completely forgot the Redirect glyph. On things like Horridon and Council it would be really good - not mentioning all other enviroment in which he would have a use.

Finally we have choices.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I feel like they are better for PVE than PVP. I mean as cool as some of them sound (for PVP), like you have to ask yourself what you would be giving up. It's hard to justify taking the recovery, or even the hemo one if I have to give up feint.

I can't see it anywhere specified. I'm wondering what the chances are that the redirect glyph is a minor glyph. 5-10%?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinob1 View Post
    I can't see it anywhere specified. I'm wondering what the chances are that the redirect glyph is a minor glyph. 5-10%?
    I would say very small chance, it is too powerful for a minor.

i have to admitt, i am still a bit confused. after reading the title, and going over those glyphs, i am really torn. on the one hand i am happy to see some changes. but on the other hand it's a bitter pill to swallow. Glyph of FoKing is the only real innovation. all the other glyphs are:

- old abilities/skills taken away, that should have never been taken away (Glyph of Hemorrhaging Veins)
    - old abilities/skills taken away, that were mere bandaid-fixes for some of our clunky mechanics (Glyph of Redirect)
    - old abilities/skills taken away for no obvious reason and given back in a nerfed state (Glyph of Recovery; afair the old Talent, which gave us a 20% Healing Received Bonus, was also applied to Recup)

so, just like sesshou and wow, i won't applaud these new glyphs, and i won't get that excited that i go like the OP with his title.

Why are you guys saying you'd take the hemo glyph and not the redirect? Hemo glyph is only useful when you are target swapping really and in that case you'd want redirect. If you don't swap, you'd still most likely want to open with garrote and you certainly want full uptime on rupture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by finn View Post
    i have to admitt, i am still a bit confused. after reading the title, and going over those glyphs, i am really torn. on the one hand i am happy to see some changes. but on the other hand it's a bitter pill to swallow. Glyph of FoKing is the only real innovation. all the other glyphs are: [old abilities rehashed as glyphs]
    While it might not be true innovation, I'm excited to see these come back, and the glyph of FoK is really nice if you don't have a dedicated hunter for some situations. The others can really just be nice buffs to real play or QoL - redirect with no CD, while a bandage, is a bandage. It doesn't mean they're never touching us in 6.0, and it IS useful now. More importantly, the Glyph of Recovery - if you've got a phase of a fight with a SERIOUS raid-heal check, this just made recup very worthwhile. I realize it's not new, but that's nice to have back.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

- FoK
    - Feint.

FoK would definitely not be good for single target sunder application. The FoK glyph would add 1 stack, so you'd have to spend 105 energy to get 3-stacks of sunder, but expose glyph would mean 25 energy for 3 stacks. The damage from 3 FoKs is negligible, you'd do more damage from the 2 sinister strikes, 1.45 mutilates, or 2.3 backstabs you could have done with the energy you saved from using glyphed expose. Especially given that the SS/mut/BS would be done with 3-stacks of sunder and the FoKs would 0, 1, and 2 stacks.

Deleted
    Recuperate should be baseline passive..