Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    a big part of skill is to be able to pay attention at numerous places at the same time. as an example: if you are a demo lock and an addon tells you every time you get that 4 seconds proc from unerring vision of lei shen, than the addon is playing 90% of that mechanic for you. all you have to do is to cast doom twice. if an addon makes a loud noise every time you are in the fire, all you have to do is to move away, you don't even need to look at your feet. they play a big chunk of the game for you, and all you do is to play the part that the game would consider it botting if it was otherwise.
    You simply can't pay full attention to numerous places at a time, and the default UI is fucking horrible for that. It asks you to look in the top left, top right, middle and bottom of your screen all at the same time. That is simply terrible design. Has nothing to do with "addons playing it for you"

I think the game has been made more accessible over the years but not easier.

no, he's just skilled. if you raid without addons and you still find the game too easy, grats, you are very skilled and I commend you for that.

but I find it rather sad when people complain about everything being so easy, when they can't do anything without DBM, power auras or what-not.

- - - Updated - - -

so, you mean to tell me that there are no addons, macros or UIs for PvP?
    I don't use addons except auctionator. I could play without it but it save so much time. I have done heroic raids and played at gladiator mmr btw. Didn't read we couldn't use marcos I need my focus 1-3.
    Last edited by worsthitmanNa; 2013-07-14 at 05:46 AM.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The game is far too easy now. There were addons back in TBC and Wrath, but the game was challenging.
    So you didn't play back then I take it?

Raiding is far more complex today than it was in TBC. A boss like Durumu (even on normal) has more mechanics than Illidan or Kil'Jaeden, and it's not even really very close.

I would wager 100% of people that claim the game is easy don't have world firsts or even server firsts, along with Rank 1 Gladiator achievements. Anyone who actually has those achievements knows how much it takes to get them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    no, people claiming wow is to easy should link:
    - archi for done all brawler bosses including card ones
    - archi done 13/13 hc
    - archi for done all gold modes
    - archi for done with Celestial Blessings

and that all as balance druid pls
    Boomkin is extremely strong in PVE atm, top 5 overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    So you didn't play back then I take it?

Raiding is far more complex today than it was in TBC. A boss like Durumu (even on normal) has more mechanics than Illidan or Kil'Jaeden, and it's not even really very close.

I would wager 100% of people that claim the game is easy don't have world firsts or even server firsts, along with Rank 1 Gladiator achievements. Anyone who actually has those achievements knows how much it takes to get them.

- - - Updated - - -

Boomkin is extremely strong in PVE atm, top 5 overall.
    Pvp has actually been dumbed down since wotlk. I wish we had wotlk mechanics with cata health pools I think it would be very good. Remove both impact and blazing speed then it would be gg.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

We can also try to play with keyboard only, or with Mouse only or with 1 hand or some other wierd way of gimping yourself. But why would we? There where addons in vanilla, timers for bosses etc also excisted. The only difference was that we had to script them ourselfs in the early part of vanilla. The game is easier then TBC, its a fact. Not only does bosses take alot less effort to kill, the amount of time gearing have been cut to 1/10th of the time regardless if you are raiding or not. Its a development i dislike, however wow is still the best mmo out there so therefor i still play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will readily admit that I use a number of addons. They don't play the game for me - they improve the shitty default interface into something visually efficient. They hide information I don't need and move the information I do into a better place so I can look for fire while maintaining maximum uptime on my buffs and debuffs. Addons make me a better player so why wouldn't I use them?

I don't think spending the entire fight with our cursors hovering underneath the boss portrait and moving it around amongst the zillion other debuffs in order to figure out when the ones we personally applied are about to fall off so we can refresh them is the kind of challenge people are looking for when they complain. I think they're looking at increased complexity in mechanics, not poorly designed UI.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Observare View Post
    Celestial blessings aint hard
    Screenshot of green fire instead!
    I did it at 480ilvl! Cheers for us LFR heroes!

Edit:

I only use Atlasloot, Auctionator, Tomtom and Recount.

I still 2 shot mobs with my heirlooms, makes me stop leveling any alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they really should turn off all their addons and delete all their macros, put on their default blizz UI and try again.

it's not blizz's fault if you decided to let addons play half of the game for you, and the game has to be tuned for people that play without them

Lol macros are required for skilled gameplay and they're a part of the default game.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy