Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Recount is actually rather buggy lately for some of our raid members like our warlocks in raid always shows him as number one dps on his recount while on the rest of the raid he isn't number one. I run recount, skada and world of logs. Skada is often near the exact same as world of logs while recount is to often off from both their numbers. also on some fights see recount for our disc priest healer being the top healer from hers while again the rest of the raids shows she isn't. They said they fixed it temp by deleting the addon and all it's files plus the saved var files in the wtf folder which gave it a temp fix.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    That doesn't answer my question. No raid leader is gonna gauge them in the middle of an encounter. And outside the encounter, they could just switch between "damage done" and "healing done". Moreover, I'd like to think no person needs to see both windows at the same time because

a) it just adds clutter to the screen
    and
    b) do you really care about healing done if you are a damage dealer (and not RL/officer rank)?
    i actually run healing, damage and threat with skada not much clutter on my window :/

I use recount but something that I'm noticing is if you just stop dps and don't have any dots on the boss it seems like your dps won't change at all. Same with if you don't do any damage until the end of the fight and just blow all your cooldowns so only your burst dps shows. I think that skada is a better representation since I'm fairly sure it counts the time in the encounter and not just when you're doing damage which logically seems like the better measure. The reason I don't use skada though is because back in cata my raid tested it and skada was getting different numbers from other people while recount was dead on to everyone else. Anybody know if this is different now or if they ever had the same thing?

Edit: Oh ya even the damage done was different when we tested it back in cata.

I think I'll probably give it another try since I did like the look of it more or perhaps I'll just use both and maybe see if I can try some testing with what's left of my old raid team.
    Last edited by mmines; 2013-07-15 at 01:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mear View Post
    No clue about which one is more accurate atm, but recount eats away alot from the cpu in comparrison to skada for some reason.
    Yes indeed, i agree to this

Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    Skada is usually (from my experience) more accurate compared to world of logs than Recount.

This is because Skada factors in downtime, which Recount (last I checked) does not - hence Recount will give you a number that's higher and somewhat inaccurate.
    If you're looking at the "dps" rather than "damage done" you're doing it wrong. Recount and skada are identical for the most part when it comes to damage done which is what matters not dps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    [...]
    In LFR nobody is dictating the minimum experience or skill of the other players
    Unless you wipe. Then you start to look why you wiped.

and so nobody really has the right to tell people what is the right amount of dps or not.
    Meters not only show DPS, it also shows damage done, HPS, healing done, etc.

If you see specific people struggling, then try talking to them properly, see if you can offer them advice, or answer questions.
    Usually people cannot take specific criticism. I mean if I tell someone their gear is completely unenchanted and ungemmed I receive back the reply "it is just LFR which doesn't require it". So some kind of global criticism with meter helps (see hereunder). However we should put this in relation to their ilvl.

1) Some people are just really bad playing and need a kick on their back to perform. Meters point this out.
    2) Others simply are AFK too much during a fight (such as this healing priest last night, who died in P1. His friend tells us he was in the kitchen cooking, he comes back and says sorry phone call in other words bullshit and we died because of lack of healing in last phase). Again, meters point this out.

Especially in LFR.

The "tards" are the ones that yell at anyone else not up to some "standard".
    No, those are the impatient and those who value their time. E.g. the people who CBA to wipe on content they just want 90 VP and a reagent from.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    If you're looking at the "dps" rather than "damage done" you're doing it wrong. Recount and skada are identical for the most part when it comes to damage done which is what matters not dps.
    This is true, and this is why their role is "damage" or "damage dealer" in all Blizzard UI. Unfortunely most of the community decided to adopt the dreaded DPS term. There's a reason the title for Proving Grounds is "The Proven Damage Dealer" and not "The Proven DPS".
    Last edited by mmoc41a7fbf474; 2013-07-16 at 11:02 AM.

Deleted
    I use Recount, it does everything I want it to do, usually is quite accurate (in DPS, damage done is (or should) be the same across all three - Skada, Recount and WoL) in comparison to WoL, has no memory or CPU hogging problems (don't know what people are talking about) and no LUA errors.

The only thing that Skada does better is showing how much damage each player did to target X. So yeah, I don't have any reason to switch basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Recount is more accurate.
    Yeah... I switched to skada in the pre-Cata event, because Recount was REALLY inaccurate for some classes, to the point of showing the top damage dealer as the third DPS in the same boss, with no player deaths. I went to the Curse page and stumbled into a disclaimer that "recount will not change anything, it is what you get".

I got Skada and numbers showed more consistently. Never left it since.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorakh View Post
    I use Recount, it does everything I want it to do, usually is quite accurate (in DPS, damage done is (or should) be the same across all three - Skada, Recount and WoL) in comparison to WoL, has no memory or CPU hogging problems (don't know what people are talking about) and no LUA errors.
    You probably have a higher-end computer setup than most, then. Or at least better than folks reporting the cpu hogging of Recount.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Unless you wipe. Then you start to look why you wiped.

Meters not only show DPS, it also shows damage done, HPS, healing done, etc.

Usually people cannot take specific criticism. I mean if I tell someone their gear is completely unenchanted and ungemmed I receive back the reply "it is just LFR which doesn't require it". So some kind of global criticism with meter helps (see hereunder). However we should put this in relation to their ilvl.

1) Some people are just really bad playing and need a kick on their back to perform. Meters point this out.
    2) Others simply are AFK too much during a fight (such as this healing priest last night, who died in P1. His friend tells us he was in the kitchen cooking, he comes back and says sorry phone call in other words bullshit and we died because of lack of healing in last phase). Again, meters point this out.

Especially in LFR.

This is true, and this is why their role is "damage" or "damage dealer" in all Blizzard UI. Unfortunely most of the community decided to adopt the dreaded DPS term. There's a reason the title for Proving Grounds is "The Proven Damage Dealer" and not "The Proven DPS".
    And I said before, there is a right way and a wrong way to approach the subject.
    Naming and shaming with meters spammed to chat is NOT the way to go about it.
    LFR is going to be for many their first raiding experience, and is meant as a stepping stone.
    Missing enchants, gems are to be expected and are perfectly understandable, though certainly not desirable but it is content that nobody is dictating requirements for.

Again my point remains, you are dictating certain standards where you have no right to do so.
    Encouraging people can be done right, that is not doing it right.

No, those are the impatient and those who value their time. E.g. the people who CBA to wipe on content they just want 90 VP and a reagent from.
    That impatience is why many people are in LFR rather than normal.
    If you want to dictate that, again go pug normal, go run some scenarios but do not treat LFR as something it is not meant to be.

The death log on recount is the best. To show either the tank that he took an unhealable amount of damage or the healers that they let the tank die by not healing him for 6+ seconds.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Revolutions

BATTLEMASTER (After 3.3.5 nerf) REVOLUTIONS REPORTING IN.
    Wielder of The Scepter of Shifting Sands, Hand of Ragnaros, and Shadowmourne. Bringer of 66 minute kings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And I said before, there is a right way and a wrong way to approach the subject.
    Naming and shaming with meters spammed to chat is NOT the way to go about it.
    Even whispering doesn't work; people cannot take criticism, or reply it "is just LFR".

LFR is going to be for many their first raiding experience, and is meant as a stepping stone.
    Missing enchants, gems are to be expected and are perfectly understandable, though certainly not desirable but it is content that nobody is dictating requirements for.
    Yes, expected, and so is carrying excpected. If everyone had 480 ilvl and nothing gemmed or enchanted and then with the play level of the average player in LFR then you would not beat the enrage.

Again my point remains, you are dictating certain standards where you have no right to do so.
    Wrong. The majority of the group decides what is right and what is wrong.

If the majority wants to kick out a fellow who is AFK, that fellow is out. If the majority wants to kick out an ilvl 480 person, the person is out. And if the majority wants to keep such a person, they stay.

The people speaking out are trying to influence the majority, and you have a strong opinion (the one which is OK with slackers). Now, if I dual box LFR I'd prefer to not get kicked on one of my characters, but if I do its generally rightfully so.

Encouraging people can be done right, that is not doing it right.
    We're not all social highlights. If someone calls out another person in public, without being rude, I see nothing wrong with such criticism. But some people get defensive when criticitzed..

That impatience is why many people are in LFR rather than normal.
    If you want to dictate that, again go pug normal, go run some scenarios but do not treat LFR as something it is not meant to be.
    Eh, you cannot do every boss on normal if you sit out in your raid team, or if you extended raid lockout.