Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Guessing something like DPS and Heals (good for raid leaders to gauge performance?) or threat (lol threat) and DPS, or similar.
    That doesn't answer my question. No raid leader is gonna gauge them in the middle of an encounter. And outside the encounter, they could just switch between "damage done" and "healing done". Moreover, I'd like to think no person needs to see both windows at the same time because

a) it just adds clutter to the screen
    and
    b) do you really care about healing done if you are a damage dealer (and not RL/officer rank)?
    Last edited by Reyzzz; 2013-07-05 at 12:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    That doesn't answer my question. No raid leader is gonna gauge them in the middle of an encounter. And outside the encounter, they could just switch between "damage done" and "healing done". Moreover, I'd like to think no person needs to see both windows at the same time because

and
    b) do you really care about healing done if you are a damage dealer (and not RL/officer rank)?
    I'm a healer, and I care about healing done.
    I'm a raid leader, and thus care about general DPS.

You're making it sound like it's completely ridiculous to have damage done and healing done shown simultaneously, it's not.

You could, if you wanted to, have damage done and your buff uptimes in two windows - it's definately a nice feature.

skada ftw, used both it's just better .......imo.

I miss the details of recount like not only how many interrupts went out but WHICH interrupts interrupted which spell, the number of dispels and how many were poision versus disease, etc. But I use skada because at a glance during the fight as a raid leader it is much more valuable for me to have 2 windows open. Anything major is checked in World of Logs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Skada. The way it measures is the better way, I feel. Lower resource use. Multiple windows. Prefer the look of the addon as well.

and

It only ads clutter to the screen if you're stupid and don't know how to build your own UI or you have some sort of compulsion that requires a minimalist screen.

Your second point is kind of a ridiculous one. If your healing is stopping you from killing a fight, of course you should care about it regardless of your role. There's plenty of reasons for why a person would be curious as to how the healers are doing even if they're not a leadership role.

And finally you've clearly never raid lead, or you didn't do a very good job of it, if you think mid fight information like that isn't important or useful. I've used recount and skada mid fight to call people out on poor rotations and being on the wrong target both for healing and dps. Calling people out in the middle of the fight is sometimes what turns a wipe into a kill or just another wipe into actually seeing progress on the fight. Sure I could call it out after the fight, or I can see the problem more clearly as it's happening and prevent it from killing us. It isn't always useful or necessary but it's another tool I can use to make sure I'm correcting the right mistakes and not just what I think I saw.
    Last edited by shimerra; 2013-07-05 at 02:20 AM.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

I used to use Recount but I switched to Skada.

Skada is more light-weight than Recount and I use multiple windows on it - both of which can have a mode-switching function enabled. I usually have one constantly on Damage or Healing depending on what I'm doing, and the other I switch between depending on what else I want to see, e.g. Interrupts or Death Log.

It boggles my mind that people still use Recount and DBM when Skada and BigWigs exist and run laps around the former like they do.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Skada for it's damage taken by spell options list.

If you want the best accuracy, live log.

15+ Year Old Account
    They both work of the combat log, so one being more accurate than the other is a myth. Its whatever one you prefer, Skada uses less resources.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    There's plenty of reasons for why a person would be curious as to how the healers are doing even if they're not a leadership role.
    Yet you give no example. I can't think why would I care about "how healers are doing" apart their manabar regarding the state of the fight, and I don't need skada for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use recount because I've always used recount and dislike change, I also have a dislike of how skada appears when posted in chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    Guessing something like DPS and Heals (good for raid leaders to gauge performance?) or threat (lol threat) and DPS, or similar.
    Some people run dual Skada windows, and recount at the same time for the most accurate depiction.

You can hide one of them in combat to prevent them taking up too much room.

During a fight the information either addon would present at a quick glance in terms of throughput is pretty minimal.
    If you have time during a fight to actually glean any sort of useful information from that, then you have to wonder just how hard the fight is.
    Really threat is the only one that should be visible during combat imo.

Deleted
    Skada is usually (from my experience) more accurate compared to world of logs than Recount.

This is because Skada factors in downtime, which Recount (last I checked) does not - hence Recount will give you a number that's higher and somewhat inaccurate.

10+ Year Old Account

and
    Some people just like clutter.

I've used both Skada and Recount. I just like the way Recount works more rather than Skadas.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Really threat is the only one that should be visible during combat imo.
    Why would you ever need to know threat? Unless it's the first ~3 seconds of the fight there's no need, I've never once seen someone pull aggro off a tank in a raid. Ever. Not even close, really. Tank threat generation is so absurdly high at this point I think they'd have to go AFK for about 5 minutes for someone to get aggro off them.

Anyway, I use Recount. No reason to switch, Skada looks kinda cool with the live graphs and all that, but that's not really particularly helpful. Recount shows damage, healing, deaths, damage taken and dispels. I don't really need to know anything else, so there's no real reason to swap to Skada just because it looks kinda neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Anyway, I use Recount. No reason to switch, Skada looks kinda cool with the live graphs and all that, but that's not really particularly helpful. Recount shows damage, healing, deaths, damage taken and dispels. I don't really need to know anything else, so there's no real reason to swap to Skada just because it looks kinda neat.
    Are you sure you didn't switch those around? I've never seen graphs for Skada while I have seen them for Recount.

I've heard that recount can cause lag issues on some fps intense situations , iv used both and to me there very similar , I get all I want out of either

I just stopped using both altogether unless I come to a situation where the group just keeps wiping and I expect another wipe incoming then I will turn recount on just for the sake of seeing what is going on with heals, dps, and what people are dying too. Typically if the content is going down I could care less who is healing more or dpsing more. I'm not a hard core raider of course. Tried doing the hard core raider thing back in lich king and just decided it took all the fun out of the game for me to sit down having to read everyone's log every fight and discuss/argue with them about spell selection/output/activity/character placement whatever.