Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'd say Feral is average in 10 man and above average in 25 man. If you are doing 10 man and stacking the raid with the specs that are well above average then Feral may look kind of weak. I think it comes down to how many Rogues you can get. There is absolutely no reason to pick a Feral if you can fill all the leather spots with talented Rogues. However finding talented anything can be a challenge on my server.

Feral Scales amazingly with gear, and to whom complaining about AoE, you really try doing more multi-raking, its by far the highest damage per application.

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    I'm only 10/13 25 heroic and so far roar has been useless, its only good for iron quon after tornadoes and to dispel the slow attack speed/movement from the frozen lines from everyone if we get unlucky or bad.
    Used it on ji-kun a bit during down draft but lately people are too spread out and they can handle it with their own sprints or whatever.
    Fights we use it on on our 25HC group(10/13 atm):
    -Magaera(Ranged Spread after Rampage)
    -Ji-Kun(Downdraft)
    -Durumu(Maze Phase)
    -Iron Qon(Lightning Storm running)
    -Lei Shen(Running from conduit to conduit and also right before transitions begin)

It's FAR for useless, and also our Druids(We have 2 Balance, 1 Feral in roster) are always called for their Tranq, which is as powerful as Resto Tranq(if used with HotW).

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Fights we use it on on our 25HC group(10/13 atm):
    -Magaera(Ranged Spread after Rampage)
    -Ji-Kun(Downdraft)
    -Durumu(Maze Phase)
    -Iron Qon(Lightning Storm running)
    -Lei Shen(Running from conduit to conduit and also right before transitions begin)

It's FAR for useless, and also our Druids(We have 2 Balance, 1 Feral in roster) are always called for their Tranq, which is as powerful as Resto Tranq(if used with HotW).
    Apparently its dangerous for us to use it on Durumu because the maze is slow as hell so we did fine without it, I only ever used it when we didn't break walls super fast and had to go left through the beam before it activated.
    Iron quon like I said the only fight that its truly useful.
    Lei Shen helps... nobody because we move before the transitions and they use their own stuff and when moving between conduits roar is not enough to stay on boss' melee without using another charge or sprint on your own while the tanks are dragging the boss.
    Ji-Kun like I said helped when it was progression and people forgot about the wind stuff and sat too close to edge, but yeah ok it worked when it was needed.
    Our range on mag don't ever notice it.
    Actually the biggest thing stampeding roar does and now I'm realizing is for non fight mechanics like fixing positioning or after weird fuckups to relocate from unexpected dangerous stuff, at least people in my guild use their sprints or movement abilities to deal with fight mechanics.

I still think it should be buffed out of GCD for feral/guardian and to 80% speed, or just making roar/cat glyphs baseline so I can use that 30% range glyph on more fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    Feral Scales amazingly with gear, and to whom complaining about AoE, you really try doing more multi-raking, its by far the highest damage per application.
    You mean rune scales amazingly with gear, feral has a reputation of bad scaling and feral aoe is just good burst AoE, medium sustained aoe and bleed cleaving is not that great many other classes can outcleave a feral while still keeping their single target damage untouched.

Quote Originally Posted by JackTheLad View Post
    Oh man, so so wrong. Feral has always scaled like crap with gear. Hence the recent 10% SR buff. GC has even said that they are keeping an eye on feral in case we fall behind 5-10% again like we always do. Feral "scaling" in entirely based around Rune

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Oh man, so so wrong. Feral has always scaled like crap with gear. Hence the recent 10% SR buff. GC has even said that they are keeping an eye on feral in case we fall behind 5-10% again like we always do. Feral "scaling" in entirely based around Rune
    You got a link for that? That's the first time I've seen Blizzard admit Feral scaling problems since BC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    You got a link for that? That's the first time I've seen Blizzard admit Feral scaling problems since BC.
    Yeah please link?

On topic i can't really comment on scaling since i only play Feral Guardian and Prot warrior so i don't personally have a feeling on how well we scale compared to others but it dose feel we'r lacking behind a bit i must say. However with Rune i think we scale pretty good. (Sad part is that we shouldn't be balanced around a trinket)

Last time I saw them say there were 'keeping an eye' on feral it was meant to say that they're seeing how they can nerf us, and here we are now. Still the claim that we scale well with gear made me laugh. Ferals are mid tier dps or lower depending on the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Last time I saw them say there were 'keeping an eye' on feral it was meant to say that they're seeing how they can nerf us, and here we are now. Still the claim that we scale well with gear made me laugh. Ferals are mid tier dps or lower depending on the fight.
    I love how people claim stuff they clearly dont know what they are talking about.

If you disagree with someone, do not just call them out. Justify why you disagree with them. Infracted.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2013-07-08 at 04:03 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    You can't be serious. Go troll somewhere else. A good feral will be up there with good locks etc on the meters.

Dunno i feel fine in AoE situation, tracking my rake/thrash on adds really helps.
    My only problem with feral is kinda lame, Omen procs driving me nuts most of the time i'm casting shred when it comes instead of thrash.

Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    Feral burst outside of berserk is low. Ferals do have excellent consistent dps however. As for utility, it depends. We have immunities, lots of damage reductions, raid wide healing, and with the right macros, extra tank healing with PS. I do think an unskilled feral is probably more of a drag than a boost however.
    Like I said in another thread, if you want cooldown burst you can get it by changing your talents. Is the Incarnation/NV combo the best way to play the class on single-target fights where nothing much happens? Definitely not. But there are several encounters in T15 where the timing and mechanics favor having lower static DPS and higher cooldown burst.

Deleted
    I don't think there's a single fight in T15 if you take the whole fight into consideration where you'd want to play anything other than SotF with DoC or HotW. It doesn't matter about doing that tiny bit more damage in 10-15sec of a fight if the rest of your dps is going to suffer greatly because of that sacrifice. If you play each fight on its own merit we can do whatever is required of us, it might just mean changing your play style from fight to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazmon View Post
    I don't think there's a single fight in T15 if you take the whole fight into consideration where you'd want to play anything other than SotF with DoC or HotW. It doesn't matter about doing that tiny bit more damage in 10-15sec of a fight if the rest of your dps is going to suffer greatly because of that sacrifice. If you play each fight on its own merit we can do whatever is required of us, it might just mean changing your play style from fight to fight.
    If there is downtime where you can't do DPS at all, it hurts the SotF/DoC build much more than it does Incarnation/NV. That's Lei Shen primarily, but there are other less extreme examples. And if there are fixed, short periods where you do increased damage, like Jin'Rokh or Tortos, having burst tools to take advantage of that is helpful.

Deleted
    I could go in depth about why that isn't (BUT MURRAY JUST WON WIMBLEDON) so just give me a few decent logs of the fights you mentioned using Incarnation/NV that easily surpass SotF with DoC/HotW and I'll eat my hat

Quote Originally Posted by Skadovsk View Post
    You mean rune scales amazingly with gear, feral has a reputation of bad scaling and feral aoe is just good burst AoE, medium sustained aoe and bleed cleaving is not that great many other classes can outcleave a feral while still keeping their single target damage untouched.

Are you for real?

Quote Originally Posted by Macor View Post

Are you for real?
    Bad kids will remain bad. People read the 1st thing they come across and believe the information is "correct" and must abide by it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please debate this without resorting to name calling.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    To say we're 'balanced around a trinket' is a little silly. Obviously it's the best trinket but we're talking a small amount of dps here.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ankHeroic2.png

The best combo there is Rentaki's + RoR for an average dps of 203,101. The best combo without RoR is Bad Juju + Rentaki's for an average dps of 199,092. So a 2% drop from the BiS trinkets to a lesser combo. I think that's a reasonable difference between the BiS and non-optimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Macor View Post

Are you for real?
    what?
    Read it again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dysheki View Post
    To say we're 'balanced around a trinket' is a little silly. Obviously it's the best trinket but we're talking a small amount of dps here.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ankHeroic2.png

The best combo there is Rentaki's + RoR for an average dps of 203,101. The best combo without RoR is Bad Juju + Rentaki's for an average dps of 199,092. So a 2% drop from the BiS trinkets to a lesser combo. I think that's a reasonable difference between the BiS and non-optimal.
    Well we're talking about scaling, and if rune and feral remain unchanged on 5.4 then rune will help feral scale better with stats that are not THAT valuable for feral and might still beat the 5.4 trinkets