Thread: Summers slums

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Summers slums

Lol been playing since vanilla and dam do summers suck, my guild is trying to progress into heroic tot but the last 5 weeks have been a stalemate do to always having someone out and not a solid team. Hows everyone else fairing during the summer wave.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to the ocean a couple days ago, and a few days before that too.

I have a season pass to the water park 5 mins from my house.

Summer is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

10+ Year Old Account
    What summer? All I have is a hell of a wind, and rain
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

yeah... summer slums always suck. Normally, late august is when everyone's going back to school so plenty of raiders then!

I can't stand the summer - mostly because my mother (she's disabled) doesn't do well in the heat and it makes her condition worse, and partly also because my shop stands completely still during the summer with just about no sales whatsoever. Thank goodness it's only online!

I don't notice much difference in my guild, but that might be because it's small anyways.

Shyama

Book One of The Devoted Trilogy: The Zi'veyn
    Etsy Shop: Wildlife & Gamer Jewellery

I live in Phoenix.

You dare complain of your summer?

Just kidding. 120's the way I like it!
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    Discuss about your raiding situation during summer, not how is your summer going. OT's can be taken to gen-ot forums.

We've had quite alot of people being less active because of the summer. Luckily we have several socials in the guild who are more than happy to fill in every once in a while, but it's obviously not ideal. We were recruiting already the whole expansion, now recruiting has gotten an even higher priority due to attendance issues for some people. It's the way it is to be honest, we had it last year aswell. The difference however was that last year we had DS hc on farm and we could fit others in, progress with new people is not ideal, to say the least.

offtopic: Summer doesn't exist. This is autumn.
    Lilaith, resident flamer for Winterfall, holy moderator in Hammer of Wrath.
    Discord: Lilaith#9028
    Bnet: Lilaith#2476

No doubt we had it hard

Pally tank goes on vaca for a a week, comes back 3 later
    Pally heals goes on a 3 week vaca, still unknown where abouts 4 weeks later
    Lock goes on a 5 day vaca hasnt been seen in 4 weeks lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Some people in my guild are trying to get us doing heroics, we have so many people afking randomly right now it's just so unrealistic (25man guild). We have like 2/3 healers that are always online and 3/4 that just apear randomly, never gonna work. We have a very small roster though, being a guild that raids only 2 nights a week you get a lot of people that want to go casual, but because it's only 2 days, they DO expect to raid these 2 days, thus having to deal with a lot of quitters if they have to sit out twice (guilds don't have the status they had back in the day, ppl just leave on the slightest issue).

In vanilla I went thru 2 guild merges, always in the summer months and they miraculously worked out very well, never seen a merge after that though, these days I guess ppl just kill a guild or go 10man when it fails.
    But yeah, when I see August coming up I just know it's time to hope my guild survives the coming months and not to expect a lot of new 25m kills or progress.

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    I think this is actually really interesting - I went on holiday for two weeks earlier in the year, and about half way in I realised I didn't miss playing at all, and cancelled my sub for a month. It's a curious phenomenon, and it looks as if this has happened to your guildmates too. Has this happened to anyone else? Really interested to know, to see how widespread this is. Not just the summer slums, people taking holidays in which they're forced to stop playing WoW, and seeing how quickly the desire to play disappears when going cold turkey.

Some people just assume 5.4 will land straight after summer and are taking a break from game alltogether

Break from wow from time to time really does wonders - what i mean when u will come back ull find that game has so much to offer and there is so much to do - while if u play with 0 breaks u feel compeltly burned out :/ even like a weekly break sometiems is really good - at least for me

since i already completed my cloak when only my sub run out ill be on break till 5.4 for sure

Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    No doubt we had it hard

I have had horrible experiences with people taking one day vacations and logging on three years later and whispering," You need a bear tank?". My thing is if you want to quit, just say it, at best give a heads up or recruit for your spot. Gotta love those people that get there gear and once they start hitting somewhat challenging content/expectations, they jump ship fast. Prob my biggest reason I hate about my 10man and 10s in general is that most 10mans run a strict 10man-only roster.

I recommend to everyone - just over recruit. My gm is slowly understanding it with people out of the blue quitting but rerolling elsewhere weeks later. Yeah its a video game, but common decency to be respectful of others.
    Last edited by Aaldarius; 2013-07-03 at 11:29 PM.

Luckily, our raid group died right before summer stuff started!

My inclination to play this, or any other game, flies right out the window during the hotter weather. Just too much other stuff to do.

I played for a total of 30 minutes in the past week and a half, and even then it felt forced. I'm guessing that I'll go through some of the content in 5.4 a few times, and that will be it for me until the next expansion.

The past few weeks have been a bit wierd with 1 raid night a week at least being a little messed up due to random people having plans. But even then last week we only got 2 solid raid nights and still managed to down 2 more heroic modes. Now we have this week and next to clear animus/lei shen or we are guaranteed 2 weeks of no progression with tanks going on vacation and having to bring peoples' alts in.

I think the most frustrating thing is that every raid night I ask to make sure I know who will be missing for the next night. And I ALWAYS get 1-2 people who just refuse to make solid plans.

All a little frustrating, but in reality heroic lei shen/Ra'den will die for us before 5.4 launches, and that is all I hoped for. We are getting a good number of people in on raid testing which will be nice to speed through normal modes in the first week.

- - - Updated - - -

My guild's been fine, apart from our mw monk taking a week off due to having a baby, and our lock being out of town this week, it's been fine. you just have to have raiders that commit, and don't say " be back in a few weeks guys, SUMMER VACA, YEAH!"

Also, you guys have it easy, i pretty much can't take any vacation time. being RL and all, if i leave, gg on progression while im gone ( being the main tank also helps with that ) i'm not complaining, seeing as a chose this roll

First week of summer we raided one day, pugged two healers and cleared 11/12 10N.

Second week we raided 3 days and cleared 12/12N, but were missing a tank due to soccer tournaments and didn't make heroic attempts. (Which I think was dumb)

This week we have a healer out for the weekend, so I expect more of the same. It's getting tiresome.

Deleted
    always over-recruit
    never stop recruiting
    our 2 month old 25 man team has ~ 35 members and we're still recruiting.

its extremely tough for french raiding guild playing north america. we have a tons of players missing becuz of holiday and its not finish, by chance we have raider like me that never missed a raid since mop and really good, so it help lot, otherwise....

we are at 7/13 HM and pretty proud of it with the roster we got right now....