Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What do you think of the Male Human model as of 2013?

When you compare it to say, the Pandaren models, what do you think? Is it good by today's standards, or needs a dire rework?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

What kind of a stupid question/topic is this.
    Ofcourse it needs to be reworked.

I'm pretty sure the vast majority's consensus are that the upcoming rework is justified.
    /thread

It is getting a rework so the question is pointless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    What kind of a stupid question/topic is this.
    Check his topics created history. Dozens of stupid questions. He rarely posts in his own topics too.

Does it really need a rework? What if people who have been playing one for years are displeased with it?
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Just the human male ones? How about all of them apart from Pandas, Worgen and Goblins?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Does it really need a rework? What if people who have been playing one for years are displeased with it?
    Maybe include an option to retain your old model?

Same thing I thought about the model ages ago when I started playing: probably created in the image of some unfortunate sub-specie of Homo erectus.

He needs to stop taking steroids. It needs a rework so it looks more like a man and less like Bluto.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks fine buried under my character's giant suit of armor when viewed from a camera backed 30 feet into the air behind him.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

its utterly disgusting

Human male is one of the worst in the game. Dwarves are pretty bad too. Horde races are supposed to be ugly so I guess it works out for them more. Worgen females are pretty hideous but it appears that is the look Blizzard was shooting for so...

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to back up my previous note, this is about how much of a detailed view I have of my human Death Knight at any given time:

Which I why I'm not necessarily "clamoring" for a better model. I'm fine with waiting until they arrive.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Then either WoW gives the option to use old models or they suck it up and accept they can't always have their way.

10+ Year Old Account
    They look like something from the 32 bit console series. No facial animation, bad polygons and terrible animations.
    The fact it has literally no facial animations when doing anything is kind of disturbing.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    They look like something from the 32 bit console series. No facial animation, bad polygons and terrible animations.
    The fact it has literally no facial animations when doing anything is kind of disturbing.
    For once, other than a Thrall related subject, I agree with you.

It's been fine for the time the tech was in its early stages, though now it definitely is time to upgrade. The sleepy/derpy face options have always irked me.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    If they really don't like a clearer, crisper, more smooth and defined model, tough shit!

I've always cringed at two things about the Wrathgate cinematic - the vicariously embarrassing dialogue of Bolvar Fordragon and Dranosh Saurfang, and how utterly terrible close-ups of Bolvar's face are. The only reason I like to watch the cinematic each time I get an alt to it, is purely because of Putress' appearance. If pre-rendered cutscenes like this, where they have a little better ability to animate their character models, still look cheap and crappy, the less-refined in-game models and animations sorely need revisiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

definitely needs some reworking

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Maybe include an option to retain your old model?
    If you want to keep male human model, I'm afraid you took the wrong pill this morning.

Deleted
    When you compare it to say, the Pandaren models, what do you think? Is it good by today's standards, or needs a dire rework?
    I swear you just make these topics for some kind of reaction...

Yes. It needs work. No facial animations, bad polygons.