Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Yeah but they aint faction leaders are they

Iam trying to argue that her pain she is feeling is ten fold what her people feels and that she cant help being what she is and thats a banshee who can only do what banshees does
    How do you explain her apathy and suicide if her sole driving force is to spread misery across the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    No they did not, they are comparable, but they did not suffer worse, since they can actually quel their pain.

Does that heal her soul, did it take away her banshee powers? No it did not, all that is different now is that she is a banshee in a body.
    it is worse, because thats a pain added onto the normal pain all undead feel.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not actually painful to hold another undead, banshees are so tormented that they radiate it, this is their burden of undeath, one of the worst there is.
    its not exactly easy to hold another undeads soul like it is to hold a banshees

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    nope, she isnt a banshee anymore. she has her old body back and is exactly like the other forsaken. banshees are souls stripped from their body like ghosts.

no body = banshee

body = regular undead
    Nah, she's still a banshee. The difference between other undead is that she possessed her own body, rather than having her soul tethered to it. She could probably leave that body at will and possess another, if she so chose to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    How do you explain her apathy and suicide if her sole driving force is to spread misery across the world?
    Maybe cause there was a shred of her old self left just like arthas but its obviously that is slipping away very fast

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Nah, she's still a banshee. The difference between other undead is that she possessed her own body, rather than having her soul tethered to it. She could probably leave that body at will and possess another, if she so chose to do so.
    Seemed pretty tethered to it. When her body dies, she dies. She doesn't just pop out as a banshee.

it is worse, because thats a pain added onto the normal pain all undead feel.
    No not all undead feel pain constantly, there are certain vices specific types of undead feel and more or less follow, banshee's are just a tad more screwed, than the average undead.

its not exactly easy to hold another undeads soul like it is to hold a banshees
    Their very power is to spread their misery and pain, they are so tormented, that their pain can actually kill a living being.

I am not arguing here in Sylvanas defense, only that banshees are a tad more screwed than other undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Maybe cause there was a shred of her old self left just like arthas but its obviously that is slipping away very fast
    WTF do people keep saying Arthas still had some humanity? Arthas was evil through and through.

if thats true why did she die when she jumped off icecrown or got shot in the face? if its just a husk wouldnt she just fly out of her body and be fine?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post

ALL FORSAKEN HAVE AWARENESS.
    Exactly. She is aware that what she is doing is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    She's been defeated more times than any racial leader, has had her ass handed to her on no fewer than three occasions NOT including the two that also resulted in her death, and has died a third time. Her army has been squarely defeated in recent major confrontations until a literal deus ex machina has come to save them out of the blue (in the form of the Val'kyr in Andorhal and the... well, I have no idea why the Worgen abandoned Gilneas.)
    They were about to be overrun by the combined orc/forsaken forces. The Worgen shot down that airship to create an opening through which they could escape.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    WTF do people keep saying Arthas still had some humanity? Arthas was evil through and through.
    i personally believe arthas wanted to lose in the back of his mind even if he wasnt aware of it.

It is not actually painful to hold another undead
    Funny, my forsaken characters all have this passive ability called touch of the grave...
    Because they don't feel pain regulary only if they don't inflict pain on some living being do they suffer, banshees suffer 24/7.
    I'd like to see the lore bit that backs this up.

They were about to be overrun by the combined orc/forsaken forces. The Worgen shot down that airship to create an opening through which they could escape.
    gilneas is actually under control by si:7 forces in lore so the forsaken didnt actually win that one, its a stalemate at best

if thats true why did she die when she jumped off icecrown or got shot in the face? if its just a husk wouldnt she just fly out of her body and be fine?
    Icecrown: the Saronite spikes were said to obliterate her soul as well as her body. This was also a suicide attempt.
    Silverpine: The shot took her by surprise and killed her before she could react and 'evacuate' her body.

Safe to say, as long as she's inside a body, she's as mortal as that body is. Same as other Banshees.

- - - Updated - - -

gilneas is actually under control by si:7 forces in lore so the forsaken didnt actually win that one, its a stalemate at best
    That's after the Worgen ran, though. The Worgen starting zone takes place, chronologically, before the Silverpine quests.

Quote Originally Posted by FatRastafarian View Post
    Exactly. She is aware that what she is doing is wrong.
    Yeah of course she is

but theres a difference my cat shreds a whole nest of mice not out of malice its just in its nature and i believe sylvanas is doing whats in her nature and thats being a banshee whos disire is to spread torment

Just cause her master is gone doesnt mean she cant stop being what she is

10+ Year Old Account
    I seem to recall crashing that airship into the entirety of the Horde army right inside the doors of the Greymane wall. I'd think a giant smoldering wreck blocking the passage would have been a fair deterrent to the horde forces. But they just kind of ignored that that happened.

And what's more, the Worgen abandon Gilneas RIGHT as the Alliance show up. Lazy blizzard storytelling for the worgen.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Funny, my forsaken characters all have this passive ability called touch of the grave...
    It is more like they are all capable of siphon life

I'd like to see the lore bit that backs this up.
    Really so Dk's suffer horrible miserable pain that radiates their entire body, each and every waking moment of their pitiful existence? There is no lore to indicate they suffer pain each waking moment, we encounter various undead who suffer from insanity, and lack emotion in general, but the feeling of actual pain is rather special.

Deleted
    Culture. Same way people in X country are shocked how people in Y country live.

People do what's in their nature and this is what's is in her nature.

The same way Garrosh is a blood thirsty hero, people see it as a bad guy who does not know best.

10+ Year Old Account
    The lesser beings must pass judgement on the ascended to justify their pitiful, meaningless existence.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    And what's more, the Worgen abandon Gilneas RIGHT as the Alliance show up. Lazy blizzard storytelling for the worgen.
    I'll agree on that bit. Especially the part where the most interesting Worgen Lore can only be seen through Forsaken questing. Like, fuck you, Blizzard.