Preemptive or reactive DS

Me and a fellow DK were arguing recently about using death strikes. So, simply put, do you guys death strike preemptively or reactively? I.E. You wait after talon rake to heal and gain a bit of absorb, or you do it right before to heal whatever melee damage jikun did and absorb the talon rake.

Interested to hear your thoughts

Hugs and kisses,
    Kosmos

Both, I aim to have a bit of shield(100k-150k) for big hit abilities(Horridon Puncture/Ji-Kun TR) and then another for right after it hits to heal myself to full and get a nice shield.

Remember the DS damage-taken counter is reset after each DS used, so only your first DS after the high hit ability gives massive heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Remember the DS damage-taken counter is reset after each DS used, so only your first DS after the high hit ability gives massive heals.
    Was this changed with recently? That sounds highly unlikely.
    Last edited by SSHA778; 2013-07-03 at 03:16 PM.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Quote Originally Posted by SSHA778 View Post
    Was this changed with recently? That sounds highly unlikely.
    No, it was not changed. 5s is 5s no matter if you DS'd or not.

Yea depends. For a deadly physical spike you definitely want to pre-shield, like Horridon or Ji-kun at high stacks; otherwise, well you are not alive to use your good shield after anyways. For non-deadly spikes, well doesn't really matter, choose depend on situation. For magic spike like Megaera, you definitely want to DS after you take damage.