Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Neutral ethereal playable race

the burning legion conquers the void lords and enlists them into the fold, with their greatest and most hated enemies now apart of the legion the ethereal can stand by no longer and decide it is time they take a side in the war to end all wars.

the consortium and its trade prince has decided to stand firm in their decision to remain completely neutral between the horde and alliance but the other trade princes refuse to work together only communicating using the consortium as a surrogate, divided they cannot stand against the legion so two trade princes decide to join the horde and alliance and reach out their hand to help in the war effort and supply them with technology and weapons.

The Protectorate

steadfast in their beliefs and practices the protectorate refuse to stoop to the level of the etherum and have thrown their lot in with the alliance, disgusted by their rival traders the goblins and amused at the gnomes technology they feel they're work will be most appreciated and respected in the alliance.

their trade prince has rebuilt the lost park in stormwind into a transdimensional transporal dimension ship filled with markets, trainers, and many vanity goodies like pets and mountable animals they have encountered in the cosmos, and yes it is bigger on the inside (this is assuming blizzard doesnt rebuild the park by the end of mists)

The Ethereum

Refusing to work with the protectorate and believing the alliance is being to cautious with the way they battle the legion the ethereum has made an arrangement with the brutal horde of azeroth. in exchange for weaponry the horde will give them powerful artifacts and scrolls of lore so that the ethereum can re-engineer and retrofit azeroths own unique forms of magic to suit their needs, like when the blood elves joined the ethereum look down upon the primitive races of the horde and in fact all of azeroth, they hold themselves in high regard and this alliance of necessity is little more than a business deal to further their own power in their eyes.

their trade prince has build a floating ship just outside orgrimmar near the gate to azshara, it is a meager ship filled with but a few "diplomats" and a stable of exotic beasts and creatures they believe will distract and amuse the primitive races of azeroth.

Classes

the ethereal will have access to

paladins
    priests
    mages
    warlocks
    monks
    hunters
    warriors
    rogue
    death knights - the ethereal have managed to re engineered the magics death knights use and while not true death knights since they are already walking spirits being held together by magic they wield the same powers

no shamans or druids. the ethereal see no reason to communicate with the elements and they make use of eco domes having no need for druidic magic.

Racial mounts

the ethereum find the warpstalkers ability to warp in and out of reality very pleasing when it comes to ambushing their prey and the warpstalkers ability to disrupt magic make them perfect against the magic wielders of the legion

giant armadillo for the protectorate (in my idea they would have giant spiked ball tails as well)

the protectorate respect the tough hide of the armadillo and its spiked morning star esque tail can rip through the armor of even the strongest fel reavers.

Starting zone

they start out aboard a transdimensional ship as a member of the consortium, they stop down on a near barren planet to make a trade deal with emissaries of the legion, as they are talking and making completing the deal void soldiers ambush the consortium, slay the dealer and steal the supplies. you are the only survivor.

you return to the ship and inform the trade prince and you discover that it was a trap by the burning legion, filled with rage the consortium sends a message to all other trade princes for a meeting and to stop all trade with the legion.

they all meet on outland where after arguing they all decide it is time they choose a side and fight against the legion, while there they are again attacked by the burning legion and forces of the sha tar draenei for the alliance and the maghar for the horde still stationed in outland help them defeat the legion.

the consortium decides fully putting their forces into fighting the legion isnt a sound plan and decide to continue as is while in the shadows sabotaging legion activities when the opportunity arises.

outraged by their inaction you hear the protectorate and the ethereum are joining the horde and alliance to fully combat the legion. you speak to each trade prince and they tell you that once you swear fealty to them you may never again rejoin the consortium or change your mind and join the other side or be labelled a traitor and have a bounty put on your head.

you swear fealty to the trade prince of the ethereum or the protectorate and then you arive in either stormwind or orgrimmar where if you join the protectorate you meet with varian and prince velen who decide that with this new alliance they will be able to not only take the fight to the legion but hit them hard and before you come in you hear varian speaking with velen about receiving word of turalyons return and new information about the legion before you interupt them.

if you join the the ethereum you arrive in orgrimmar and are there to witness the deal between the new warchief and the trade prince of the ethereum, you have the honor of presenting the warchief with the contract and with a bit of hesitation he/she agrees to it. before you come in you hear the new warchief speaking with an goblin spy who says they spotted alliance heading out to a portal in order to fight the legion.

refusing to be left behind the horde mobilizes and races to try and get there before the alliance does.

the end
    Last edited by Immitis; 2013-07-03 at 10:12 AM.

I admit I only skimmed it, but from what I saw it seemed like a kinda cool idea. Though if Blizzard added another neutral race, I'd assume they'd have the same racial mount, and I LOVE the idea of a warpstalker mount.

I'd also think classes would be more along the lines of mages, warlock, rogues, and warriors for sure, maybe priests and hunters, and possibly shaman if they could pull off something about the ethereals studying the elements of the remains of Draenor, and pallies in line with working with Naaru against the Void. Death Knights make zero sense, to me at least.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    No rogues? I've always seen that as the most obvious class, if space mummies ever became a playable race...

Priest, monk and paladin seem way out in the forest to me... They are non-corporeal.. They need no freaking healer class...
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-07-03 at 09:42 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Surgeon View Post
    I admit I only skimmed it, but from what I saw it seemed like a kinda cool idea. Though if Blizzard added another neutral race, I'd assume they'd have the same racial mount, and I LOVE the idea of a warpstalker mount.

I'd also think classes would be more along the lines of mages, warlock, rogues, and warriors for sure, maybe priests and hunters, and possibly shaman if they could pull off something about the ethereals studying the elements of the remains of Draenor, and pallies in line with working with Naaru against the Void. Death Knights make zero sense, to me at least.
    the main reason i gave them different mounts is that to me it felt like at the end of the day the pandaren factions didnt truly feel different, they felt pretty much exacty the same only one decided they would rather hang out with orcs than humans. in my idea i wanted the two ethereal factions to truly feel different and have them feel like almost completely different people who dont share much other than their race

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No rogues? I've always seen that as the most obvious class, if space mummies ever became a playable race...

Priest and paladin seem way out in the forest to me...
    In Auchindon there are actually priest-like ethereal mobs.

EDIT: You sneak edited your post!
    Last edited by mmoc851eedbfae; 2013-07-03 at 09:46 AM.

Priest, monk and paladin seem way out in the forest to me... They are non-corporeal.. They need no freaking healer class...
    i didnt want to give them all the classes and while priests and paladins would only really fit in the protectorate and warlocks/ death knights would only fit in the ethereum i think separating classes by faction would be to far and force people to choose one or the other based off what class they play.

the fact that they glow in the dark made it easy for me to think being a rogue would be hard, and the fact that my main is a dk made be biased to find a reason to let them be that

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the main reason i gave them different mounts is that to me it felt like at the end of the day the pandaren factions didnt truly feel different, they felt pretty much exacty the same only one decided they would rather hang out with orcs than humans. in my idea i wanted the two ethereal factions to truly feel different and have them feel like almost completely different people who dont share much other than their race
    Well, that was kind of the point, wasn't it? They chose their allies based on their beliefs... or something... even choosing to become enemies with friends and loved ones.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.

Death Knights make zero sense, to me at least.
    No, it even make a lot of sense: You were a agent of the Consortium, that followed Wind Trader Mu'fah to dragonblight; but you were attacked by undead troups of the Temple City of En'kilah and after this ressurected as a death knight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most important question. Will they get a bandage racial?
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    No, it even make a lot of sense: You were a agent of the Consortium, that followed Wind Trader Mu'fah to dragonblight; but you were attacked by undead troups of the Temple City of En'kilah and after this ressurected as a death knight.
    well in my idea, they arent real death knights. (since ethereal are pretty much walking souls wrapped in bandages im not sure how that could be possible) they just wield the same magics death knights wield because they have studied it and reproduced it

10+ Year Old Account
    i didnt want to give them all the classes and while priests and paladins would only really fit in the protectorate and warlocks/ death knights would only fit in the ethereum i think separating classes by faction would be to far and force people to choose one or the other based off what class they play.

the fact that they glow in the dark made it easy for me to think being a rogue would be hard, and the fact that my main is a dk made be biased to find a reason to let them be that
    Are you sure, they glow in dark? I see it as speed streaks, cartoon-style.. ;-)

Still, rogues is the most obcious class, for me, because they are so similar to goblins, in every aspect, except apperance.

Also, the warp stalker mount... Kudos for an epic suggestion..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    I doubt it would be so simple as "they were resurrected". Some creatures are easier or harder to raise into undeath than others, and I would assume that beings made of pure energy with no real physical form would be damn near, if not completely, impossible to resurrect.

Are you sure, they glow in dark? I see it as speed streaks, cartoon-style.. ;-)

Still, rogues is the most obcious class, for me, because they are so similar to goblins, in every aspect, except apperance.

Also, the warp stalker mount... Kudos for an epic suggestion..
    i guess ill go ahead and give them rogue, rogue ethereal just probably wears more bandages lol

i guess ill go ahead and give them rogue, rogue ethereal just probably wears more bandages lol
    Keep in mind that there's plenty of gear that glows in the dark that doesn't blow a rogue's cover, and that they could even make it so ethereal rogues are using a cloaking device of some sort instead of just sneaking around.

I doubt it would be so simple as "they were resurrected". Some creatures are easier or harder to raise into undeath than others, and I would assume that beings made of pure energy with no real physical form would be damn near, if not completely, impossible to resurrect.
    yeah i agree. my idea about fake death knights is kind of a cop out since my main is dk i just really would like to be able to racechange if they were made playable.

although it think having artificial death knights is kind of a cool idea

Personally, I don't really feel they should add more races until they made all the current ones relevant.

Wandering Ilse Pandaren chief among them.

As much as I'd rather have a playable reptilian race, this is also a good suggestion.

yeah i agree. my idea about fake death knights is kind of a cop out since my main is dk i just really would like to be able to racechange if they were made playable.

although it think having artificial death knights is kind of a cool idea
    Yeah, but if they could engineer artificial versions of one class's magic, why wouldn't they be able to for all of them? They'd essentially be able to be any class they want, including shaman and druids.

On that note, I think shaman could work as an ethereal class. They have a similar societal structure as goblins, making deals and what not, and their hardon for precious gems and metals could give them reason to delve into elemental magic. Not to mention studying the fractured remains of Outland or other nether-torn planets could yield interesting results.

I would love to play an ethereal, but I fear that they would be far overplayed. They have a striking appearance so this would affect the image of the game.

Yeah, but if they could engineer artificial versions of one class's magic, why wouldn't they be able to for all of them? They'd essentially be able to be any class they want, including shaman and druids.

On that note, I think shaman could work as an ethereal class. They have a similar societal structure as goblins, making deals and what not, and their hardon for precious gems and metals could give them reason to delve into elemental magic. Not to mention studying the fractured remains of Outland or other nether-torn planets could yield interesting results.
    i could see how that would work with shamanism, i think druidic magic still wouldnt be worth it to them though since most of the time its used to heal the land and stuff like that wheras the ethereal could just pop down an ecodome and be done with it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    I would love to play an ethereal, but I fear that they would be far overplayed. They have a striking appearance so this would affect the image of the game.
    atleast the horde could have a new race to complain about instead of blood elves lol