Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I think it's a cool idea.

i added some pictures cuz people love pictures O-O

Sounds good. I've always liked Ethereals and their trade empire -concept with princes and all. With the pandaren we got rather low profile "leaders" for both respective faction. A Nexus Prince or something along the lines feels more on the money, even if they didn't do much.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    A question, what would gear look like on an ethereal? they seem to have their own... armor ontop of their bandages, is that replaced with the gear we equip? would the armor models look considerably different on an ethereal?

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    A question, what would gear look like on an ethereal? they seem to have their own... armor ontop of their bandages, is that replaced with the gear we equip? would the armor models look considerably different on an ethereal?
    Wait and see how the Undead model rework goes, since they got some "exposed" parts that change armor. Otherwise, I'd assume somewhat similar.

The downside is, especially for plate users, the majority of the race's visual appeal would vanish.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    the naked ethereal model in my mind would just be them in bandages (no underwear needed, thats a free back of the box quote blizzard you can have that on me) so the little shoulder and wrist armor wouldnt be there.

armor would work just like normal races although for some reason i think a cool feature would be to have their hands free at all times, so glove models would have the hand bit edited out.

i think they would look a bit like blood elves in a full suit of armor but with a more laid back arrogant posture

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Wait and see how the Undead model rework goes, since they got some "exposed" parts that change armor. Otherwise, I'd assume somewhat similar.

The downside is, especially for plate users, the majority of the race's visual appeal would vanish.
    you could always just turn helms off and still have that fancy mummy head

Deleted
    In a single post, you successfully shredded any doubts I had about the Ethereals as a playable race. Bravo, sir!

I'd love to see these in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post

They could make the armor more segmented, so you'd be able to see a fair amount of the visuals. Chestpieces don't have sleeves and gloves/bracers stop halfway to the forearm, so you can see arms, pants are more like shorts and boots are relatively low, to show legs. I'd think clothies would have it harder because of the all-covering robes.
    He is the life of guilds he has never joined.
    He once had a noobish moment- just to see what it felt like.
    If he were to beat you in a duel, you would have to fight the strong urge to thank him.
    The Lunar Elders have a holiday in which they honor him.
    He can speak Darnassian. In Orcish.
    He is: The Most Interesting Man in the World of Warcraft.

Deleted
    I think they'd have to change that lagging animation if they were playable characters, I know some people who really hated those mobs back in BC and seeing them everywhere again would be hassling.
    what happens if someone was doing that pvp lag a long side the animation?

apart from the movement animation I think it would fit really well with the next xpac

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    Most important question. Will they get a bandage racial?
    Funny.... I want to know why the Alliance get a awesome ship, but the horde get a meager ship... sup with that? I kinda feel they would set up shop above Lorderon, since that above area is cool, and would make easy movin' ins

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keoren View Post
    I would love to play an ethereal, but I fear that they would be far overplayed. They have a striking appearance so this would affect the image of the game.
    This usually happens at the start but it dies off, 30 bucks is stupid to pay for a new skin. And most players stick to their mains.. there would be a large ammount at the start, then a decline
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    In a single post, you successfully shredded any doubts I had about the Ethereals as a playable race. Bravo, sir!

I'd love to see these in-game.
    the main thing i really like about my idea and that i hope blizzard would carry over for the next neutral race, is to have each side feel very different, i think for the pandaren it worked but the next one i would really like it if the difference was much larger between the ones who choose alliance and the ones who choose horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's see, is that you cannot understand that however much some races can be very cool they were designed only to be NPCs?

And more in the case of a race that is neutral, that is dedicated just to trade and that none of its members would align themselves with either the Horde or the Alliance (unfortunately the current WoW gameplay only allows those two main factions, i.e. there is no neutral faction).

At the same way that asking for playable races as the Virmen or the Ice giants, it's just stupid to ask for a playable race as those Ethereal.

Anyway, Blizzard can make the impossible a reality, so everything is possible (look at the worgen), however, before adding some random playable races (such as Virmen, Ice giants or Ethereal) there are two races that have a higher priority, which have belonged to the Horde and Alliance since always and still are not playable, and these are the first races that should become playable before any other race, if only for historical justice and for their high demand!.

Of course I mean:

• The Ogres for the Horde
    • The High Elves for the Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Let's see, is that you cannot understand that however much some races can be very cool they were designed only to be NPCs?

And more in the case of a race that is neutral, that is dedicated just to trade and that none of its members would align themselves with either the Horde or the Alliance (unfortunately the current WoW gameplay only allows those two main factions, i.e. there is no neutral faction).

At the same way that asking for playable races as the Virmen or the Ice giants, it's just stupid to ask for a playable race as those Ethereal.

Anyway, Blizzard can make the impossible a reality, so everything is possible (look at the worgen), however, before adding some random playable races (such as Virmen, Ice giants or Ethereal) there are two races that have a higher priority, which have belonged to the Horde and Alliance since always and still are not playable, and these are the first races that should become playable before any other race, if only for historical justice and for their high demand!.

Of course I mean:

• The Ogres for the Horde
    • The High Elves for the Alliance
    ethereal are probably one of the most requested races in wow and they have there own unique look, feel, culture that is perfect for a playable race and as in my post they have multiple trade empires not all ethereal belong to one or another and each one has their own unique outlook and way of dealing with things making one more likely to join the alliance or horde over the other.

id like to high elves and ogres to but dont try to downplay the possibility of ethereal just because you want those more.

ethereal make way more sense than draenei did before bc (there was no such thing we essentially got a demon race poofed out of nowhere that isnt actually a demon who worhship the light) make more sense than the worgen (worgen were completely feral creatures and i dont think there were even more than a handful that could even talk)

the goblins joined the horde and just like the ethereal they didnt have a reason to join one or the other, well they just made a new trade prince for the goblins.

and comparing virmen which have no culture, no structured leadership and can barely speak, and ice giants a huge race that look identicle to dwarves only bigger to ethereal with their own unique culture and personality, a humanoid posture, and normal size is the stupid thing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    ethereal are probably one of the most requested races in wow and they have there own unique look, feel, culture that is perfect for a playable race and as in my post they have multiple trade empires not all ethereal belong to one or another and each one has their own unique outlook and way of dealing with things making one more likely to join the alliance or horde over the other.

id like to high elves and ogres to but dont try to downplay the possibility of ethereal just because you want those more.

ethereal make way more sense than draenei did before bc (there was no such thing we essentially got a demon race poofed out of nowhere that isnt actually a demon who worhship the light) make more sense than the worgen (worgen were completely feral creatures and i dont think there were even more than a handful that could even talk)

the goblins joined the horde and just like the ethereal they didnt have a reason to join one or the other, well they just made a new trade prince for the goblins.

and comparing virmen which have no culture, no structured leadership and can barely speak, and ice giants a huge race that look identicle to dwarves only bigger to ethereal with their own unique culture and personality, a humanoid posture, and normal size is the stupid thing
    Just an aside: Goblins can not be compared with Ethereal in terms of neutral traders because the goblin have been collaborating with the Horde since the orcs stormed into Azeroth.

Before the Goblins were a playable race for the Horde, they already worked for the Horde and were part of it (unofficially), so that the Goblins being a playable race for the Horde was something predictable and highly anticipated.

On the other hand, do not misunderstand me, your exposure has been great and I think that the more playable races we have, the better for everyone (in fact the Ethereals as neutral race makes sense and would provide many interesting things).

But just saying that Ogres and High Elves have a higher priority than any other race to become playable.

Ethereals would be so cool and different.

They would make perfect demon hunters :-)
    And apart from which classes they can play or not, I really like Ethereals very much and hope they become a playable, neutral race (more than I like Orgres btw).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkblade95 View Post
    Ethereals would be so cool and different.
    And this is what makes them more interesting than high elves, and possibly even ogres. Purely my own opinion here, but I'd much rather see something new and different than something like a high elf, they would not be new and fresh at all, if they are added, they should be added along side a new race, I mean, the player model and most of the lore is essentially already there.

Ogres I guess could be ok, but I'd really love to see Ethereals, they bring so much new to the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nicely done. I'd fully support Ethereals; the customization options are potentially gigantic, and they're just a generally cool and interesting race.

They'd probably be neutral, but I could see them going Alliance too. Horde already has a profit-driven race.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Nicely done. I'd fully support Ethereals; the customization options are potentially gigantic, and they're just a generally cool and interesting race.

They'd probably be neutral, but I could see them going Alliance too. Horde already has a profit-driven race.
    i agree, however i think with how popular they are the whining from horde players would be insane if alliance got them exclusively