Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    It doesn't seem to be a very common drop. Maybe someone wanted it for transmog? There's no accounting for taste, and people do pay too much at times. Just a theory.

Blizz does make mistakes. I got a swept up in that ban wave from the bag exploit. My crime? I did all the pet dailies and waited until I was done to open all my legally acquired bags. Ban was later revoked but I still lost 2 days play time for doing nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    @ OP
    Interresting story... No tell us, what REALLY happened..

A 476 cloak can NEVER sell for an amount that would make GMs intersted in your actions.. Besides, hackers don't buy gear, they sell the victim's possessions for more gold..
    why is it so hard to believe that blizzard would do that? its not exactly new, there have been plenty of people flagged for participation in illegal activities when they are perfectly innocent, for example back in prebc they banned my uncles account because he was supposedly power leveling and selling level 60 characters... if they had bothered to do any follow up research they would have seen (as i did when i saw him play) that he only even had 1 level 60 character with only 1 account the rest weren't even above 40. all this TROLLOLOLOL blizzard is innocent crap is really stupid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Yes, best not to upset the fanboys who still didn't get to that mental maturity stage yet of realizing that their own parents aren't perfect either.

Ever since Blizzard has been cutting and cutting and cutting in their customer support there have been a lot of screw-ups, from unwarranted bans to warnings to GM tickets that used to take 5 minutes to answer turning into having 7+ days waittimes... Meanwhile the board of directors at Blizzard are stuffing their pockets with more money than ever before while us customers have to be satisfied with less.
    All that's missing from this post is something about 9/11 being an inside job or Aliens...

But a quick question how much cutting? because 85 people in Feb 2012 is about all I can find, and they announce these things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also OP you should try to complain and get the warning removed from your account if you haven't already. You don't want it biting you in the ass later when you didn't do anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Actually, it's OP's fault for being flagged.

If outdated loot gets sold for more than it's worth, then you may get flagged for security reasons as some gold sellers sell gold through the Auction house by putting odd things on it for dumb prices.

Example: Grey item on AH for more than it's vendor is many times also a flag. Seen greys on AH for 200.000 before, and the be gone later the day
    A level 90 476 cloak that someone may be using to get their ilvl up to queue for LFR or because they've been unlucky with drops his hardly comparable to someone selling a grey item for 200k on the AH.

Even if it was from a prior expansion, it's an epic and people might want it for twinks or legacy raiding teams.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balazaar View Post
    It doesn't seem to be a very common drop. Maybe someone wanted it for transmog? There's no accounting for taste, and people do pay too much at times. Just a theory.
    Horridon, Primordus and Tortos drops identical cloaks, so it's far from impossible to get it for transmog....
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I thought this too.

I recently sold Druid t11 shoulder look alikes, an 85 epic piece, for 10k g. People pay crazy amounts for transmog items, especially when they have more gold than brains.

Something similar happened to me a while back. Sold a Crawling Claw for ~30k gold. The next day? Got an e-mail saying I had bought gold.

When I called Blizzard, they wouldn't give me any more information other than "suspicious" activity. Was quite annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulu View Post
    Something similar happened to me a while back. Sold a Crawling Claw for ~30k gold. The next day? Got an e-mail saying I had bought gold.

When I called Blizzard, they wouldn't give me any more information other than "suspicious" activity. Was quite annoying.
    And that is what Blizzard would typically say rather than whatever the OP said. Which is one of the things that is causing people to suspect him. That is also a item where people would pay that much money for one (a rare arch pet I believe).

While Blizzard isnt perfect and makes mistakes, not all players are truthful in what they say.

They could of thought you were one of a Gold Sellers collector, someone who goes out and collects merchandise for gold sellers to make profits off of. Imagine you have an entire prison on hand and you have your collectors out in game getting items for your central hub character to sell, this way if the central hub gets eliminate you can create another without worrying about loosing levels and gear ect and your collectors can keep on collecting and moving product to the new hub.

Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    Sold it for 12k gold
    so thats why, thats a ridiculous offer for such an item, that's like me selling a mechano hog for 75k it just looks odd.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    @ OP
    Interresting story... No tell us, what REALLY happened..

A 476 cloak can NEVER sell for an amount that would make GMs intersted in your actions.. Besides, hackers don't buy gear, they sell the victim's possessions for more gold..
    This x10

I was hacked once in BC my toon was stripped of everything. They break you down vendor the gear take the gold
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Also OP you should try to complain and get the warning removed from your account if you haven't already. You don't want it biting you in the ass later when you didn't do anything wrong.

I have spoken to blizz this morning via the phone, i have a warning on the account that is currently staying, im not banned or suspended that effects my account in anyway shape or form.

All the GM told me was that i should be careful in the future about any transactions i do.

Judging by what he said, i guess anything i remotley do now will be flagged...eesh
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post

A level 90 476 cloak that someone may be using to get their ilvl up to queue for LFR or because they've been unlucky with drops his hardly comparable to someone selling a grey item for 200k on the AH.

Even if it was from a prior expansion, it's an epic and people might want it for twinks or legacy raiding teams.
    Note also that server economies may vary. What could go for 1k on a High/Full server could surely sell for a lot more on a low pop server.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Romire View Post
    I have spoken to blizz this morning via the phone, i have a warning on the account that is currently staying, im not banned or suspended that effects my account in anyway shape or form.

All the GM told me was that i should be careful in the future about any transactions i do.

Judging by what he said, i guess anything i remotley do now will be flagged...eesh
    Account warnings and suspensions fall into the purview of account admin, who are not reachable by phone. You should be opening a support ticket instead. But since you are someone who has been lurking the CSF for a long time, you already know that (this being the reason this post is in this forum and not that one). Further more, if you received a warning from one of the auto-flags that do exist in game and you actually conducted no wrong, and do appeal via a support ticket they will remove the warning following a secondary review. After all, they do want your money. They have no reason to alienate you for frivolous reasons. If you have appealed via ticket and they refuse to remove the warning, then they have reason to believe you did more than just innocently sell a cloak.
    Blindingly defending Blizzard; ignorantly trashing Blizzard. Both require an emotional investment that I'm unwilling to give. I'll take reason, logic, facts, and the willingness to accept that I may be wrong. At the end of the day I'll have nothing to account for and I may even have learned something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aztrazolo View Post
    Account warnings and suspensions fall into the purview of account admin, who are not reachable by phone. You should be opening a support ticket instead. But since you are someone who has been lurking the CSF for a long time, you already know that (this being the reason this post is in this forum and not that one). Further more, if you received a warning from one of the auto-flags that do exist in game and you actually conducted no wrong, and do appeal via a support ticket they will remove the warning following a secondary review. After all, they do want your money. They have no reason to alienate you for frivolous reasons. If you have appealed via ticket and they refuse to remove the warning, then they have reason to believe you did more than just innocently sell a cloak.
    A warning is a warning, im just gonna leave it,

Deleted
    well this is blizzards fault not yours if they know him as hacker why is his account not locked?

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldarian View Post
    well this is blizzards fault not yours if they know him as hacker why is his account not locked?
    Not necessarily. You have no idea what the OP has done previously on his account. He does seem to alienate anyone on the official forums who try to help him with statements he makes. The fact he knows the avenues to go to dispute this, yet does not take the proper ones each time something like this happens...and this is not the first time...makes him suspect.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Not necessarily. You have no idea what the OP has done previously on his account. He does seem to alienate anyone on the official forums who try to help him with statements he makes. The fact he knows the avenues to go to dispute this, yet does not take the proper ones each time something like this happens...and this is not the first time...makes him suspect.
    I dont think ive alienated anyone at all on CSF Flats?