Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by forsworn View Post
    Then Cleave add-to-add or add-to-boss. Just hit 2 things.
    @Brusalk - Makes sence for the Immo/FF debate. When you cleave 3 SB's you effectivly get 3 Embers + if the add dies in that time (it better lol) you get 3 more embers.
    If you use an Ember Consumer on Havoc charges then you do effectively get the same number of Embers, however that's only really useful if the damage on the other target matters.

In the situation in question where that's not the case, you need to actually generate Embers, and is thus the whole 3xIncinerate vs Immo/2xFel Flame debate. (Which I've yet to be proven wrong on)

I find it very hard to use Havoc on Megaera adds. AoE turns my raidmates into rabid wolves and everyone nukes the living crap out of the adds so they die incredibly quickly. I doubt I could reliably get off a CB-cleave, and surely not 3 whole SBs.

Deleted
    Yep, havocing the adds on Megaera is almost impossible. They die from 20->0 before your game can even register they are in execute range.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I find it very hard to use Havoc on Megaera adds. AoE turns my raidmates into rabid wolves and everyone nukes the living crap out of the adds so they die incredibly quickly. I doubt I could reliably get off a CB-cleave, and surely not 3 whole SBs.
    You're 25 man I'm assuming. On 10 man only 3 spawn so it's not really viable to just AoE them down and instead you have to have people single target nuke them. It takes a lot longer and it's quite easy when first progressing on the boss to get SBs off on the adds.

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    From my understanding the only non-havoc consuming ability we have that does damage is rain of fire. So I see you casting immolate>rain>standing for ~6 or wanding>Felflame>Rain>standing

or attacking the target u have havoc on in which case you pretty much waste it and 2 globals to cast FF to extend the dot by 12 seconds when u can use 1 global to reapply the 15+ immolate with tab. The only thing i use havoc on is chaosbolts or shadowburns i may be doing it wrong but i ony go destro for maybe 3 fights and rbgs
    You can use the bug on havoc.
    Target the ennemy that have havoc, and dps your original target (@mouseover or @focus). That will not consume the rest of your stacks.
    On Danimus, it's a bit annoying to switch like that, but Megaera, you can use the boss frame.

@Brusalk: I am 10m actually. It was much easier when progressing, but right now the adds just seem to melt away. I can place a few spells, but as someone said earlier when they hit 20% they usually die before the server has a chance to give me an OK for Shadowburn. That's not to say I don't sometimes manage it anyway, but it's certainly not something I can play my use of Havoc around.

I do think the server needs an update to allow us to use our execute phase spells more promptly.

As far as fel flame, does anyone have info on whether or not it's still better to run just incinerate or does the buff to fel flames damage on the PTR make it a viable refresher?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I do think the server needs an update to allow us to use our execute phase spells more promptly.

As far as fel flame, does anyone have info on whether or not it's still better to run just incinerate or does the buff to fel flames damage on the PTR make it a viable refresher?
    Fel Flame no longer refreshes dots on the ptr. it does about the same amount of dmg as Incinerate now tho