Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    I'd much rather have it stay as a double tap, 'cause it provides an additional GCD for movement, but make the 1st hit leave a debuff on the target that increases DMG taken from the next SW: D hit within 3 seconds by 50%.
    While I don't want to nerf our already terrible movement DPS, I don't think SWeath is the place to fix it - we need a proper solution, not one that only works, and barely works, during execute range.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    While I personally HATE the double tap mechanic, esp on my hunter, wouldn't that suck for PvP?
    If it hit harder it would be stronger for pvp burst in a way - if you were getting chain-poly'd and using an execute range target to bounce a double-death-out-of-double-poly - it would be a nerf to that?
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    If it hit harder it would be stronger for pvp burst in a way - if you were getting chain-poly'd and using an execute range target to bounce a double-death-out-of-double-poly - it would be a nerf to that?
    SW: D doesn't deal dmg to you if cast on a target within execute range anyways.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Not to mention if SW: D hits harder, it would actually make the glyph a viable choice for movement heavy fights too.

Deleted
    But does this change anything for (me) people who usually always use SW: D on CD (double) or do I now need to keep track of something? I didn't even know there was a CD before!

no, they're enforcing your playstyle on all of us, nothing changes for you.

Goodbye,

Code:
    dG0HsaGifuCjbQIrbPQofKQCliv2LafdtHCmPulJq9mHyAkkxdszBsjFtj14uaNtjzDkQQMNck5EIQY(evvoiHyHc4HIQmrHKlQqTrfOpQOknsbQCsHuRKq6LkQkZukQBkqvTtj1pLIyOcKLQOYtvnvL6Qcu6RqsRvrvmxPiTxQ)cXGfQoSilwO8ybnzr5YGnReFMGrlQCAs9AfunBjUTuz3i(njdxsoUavPLt0ZHA6OUosBxr(UcY4HeNxkSErvvZxbLA)sv72E7N82Sp2VDWmlywhmR878Z8Z82hLMSSGb2dIU1RNncTiTgnWQ1rwjU1mVGUzT8LGGwr2nQaFbPIw5dOuLizqMd4JHYsqknH9d0K9Ujb)Mhp42xN5FuJYpLLPzTIKkiSuliasS3M9j0UTuliasSRB7xuPmV9LQc4TFhTWAVnB2SFJMSSGb2dIUwdigT1TMnt862rwps8mVGUzZm7h6TRB7TFifZQUnGc7h8u1lQpLWsTGai92hxbLsDQdCDeXrwVYNs0SpNKca7tXacLOzhWSpl1ccG0BFSIkdbkrZ(vLudq6hsXSQdjNod8zDhK5tjWeqyFw3bz(CJkWhMac7NrLjwRi(T8HjGW(5P6IL4(4nRe8PyaHs0Sd4tXacUckL6uh4a(yAmyci8PllAu8rgxpEU5n65zSpfdiyfvgcuIMDaFCfuk1PoW)5szQH6JJQsMn)9XJcsCoFkrZ(CskaSz)kPsqcyCqsiuJ1kIRh5VOiS)yuQKagpuQHFrLY82NIbecmbshZVatqbrvbYeRK(5x(8PyajSKWyhWxQkG3(D0cR92Sz)WscJ92hRjcfWpO5IE83M9PyaPatqXb8lWeu8N1YS)IIWxN)GRB32ptJRkPgNtHdh7x3K(4nzUa(sqqRi7gvGVour8dvfL0Bx32doWQrTfhrS4rZAnaAIB3YlOdTiUwShCGzJATU9QiJMnt8SvIB5f0HweZ(HkvjtneXb8tuw5y(PSmnRvKubHLAbbqI921T92NLAbbq6Tp3Oc8XCIPyFkbMac7NOSYhMac7lsiRvK(4blofRa(yAmyciCqsyrJI)dACZn7tXacUckL6uh4a(uIM9RkPgG0NIbekrZoGpMgdMacF6YIgfFK8e5BKVfzUTpUckL6uh46iIJSELzFkHLAbbq6TpUckL6uh46iIJSELzZM91z(h1O6Jtu9XvYy(eA3wQfeaj21I9Z04QsQr0HkIF0egKlPqOPrhQi4M(kOuqEUuMAiKOGofrhoOsYAMMb(yofoCCqknH9d0K9UjbFFgqHZtvusVDTyp4ad0cTvJwnaAZA1QvlXr8c6qlIzZUwS3(HQIs6TRB7bhy9k0e3cT2OnRL4vZISYlOdTiM9PewQfeaP3(4kOuQtDGRJioY6vM9zPwqaKE7ZnQaFmNyk2NsGjGW(jkR8HjGW(IeYAfPpEWItXkGpfdiuIMDaFCfuk1PoW1rehz9kFkgqWvqPuN6ahWpKIzvhsoDg4Z6oiZS)IIW(JrPscy8qPg(fvkZBFkgqiWeiDm)cmbfevfitSs6NF5ZNIbKWscJDaFPQaE73rlS2BZM9dljm2BFSMiua)GMl6XFB2NIbKcmbfhWVatqXFwlZ(lkcFD(dUUDBFjiOvKDJkWxhQi(jkRCmFDM)rnQ(4YSg(PSmnRvKubHLAbbqI921T92NLAbbq6Tp3Oc8dPyw15hsXSQdjNod8zDhK5tjWeqyFw3bz(HumR6q4gvGpMtmf7NrLjwRi(T8HjGW(5P6IL4(4nRe8X0yWeq4GKWIgf)h04MB2hMacJ9rveK8cUX5nFih1O8PyabxbLsDQdCa)qkMvD(lusiRve0h96fTpEF8(49XLatLK(4ef3hhvrqoQrHqukzSErbswVO9I2lAVO9I2lAVO(umGGvuziqjA2b8dZbHd3hMac7JvuziqjA2VQKAasFmngmbe(0Lfnk(iJRhp38g98m2hxbLsDQd8FUuMAO(4OQKzZFF8OGeNZSpLWsTGai92pKIzvN)cLeYAfb9rVEr7J3hVpEFCjWujPpoQIGCuJcHOuYy9IcKSEr7fTx0Er7fTx0ErnB2SpH2TLAbbqIDTy)mnUQKAeDOI4hnHb5skeAA0HkcUPVckfKNlLPgcjkOtr0HdQKSMPzGzxhXB)qvrj921T9GOHw7rIhOvRrIxnAuK1I9c6qBMRf7brdT2JepqRwJeVA0OiRf7f0H2mxhXdIgAThjEGwTgjE1Orrwl2lOdTzM9PewQfeaP3(4kOuQtDGRJioY6vM9zPwqaKE7ZnQaFmNyk2NsGjGW(jkR8HjGW(5PuLm1qK(4bjvcsaJ7JJ(Vckf0ZNIbekrZoGpUckL6uh46iIJSELpfdi4kOuQtDGd4hsXSQdjNod8zDhKz2Frry)XOujbmEOud)IkL5TpfdieycKoMFbMGcIQcKjwj9ZV85tXasyjHXoGVuvaV97Ofw7TzZ(HLeg7TpwtekGFqZf94Vn7tXasbMGId4xGjO4pRLz)ffHVo)bx3UTVee0kYUrf4Rdve)qLQKPgI4a(jkRCm)uwMM1ksQGWsTGaiXE762E7ZsTGai92NBub(yoXuSpfdi5GuHZ5y(yAmyci8PllAu8rYtKVr(wK52(vGmeiCoiv4C(Ih5dtaH9doiv4C(yAmyciCqsyrJI)dACZn7tjWeqy)eLv(umGqjA2b8ZbPcNdrvbYeRK(dR85tXasfidbcNdsfoNd4xbYqGW5GuHZHOQazIvs)Hv(8Pen7ZjPaWM9PewQfeaP3(uIM95KuayZMDTyV9zPwqaKE7ZnQaFmNyk2NIbKCqQW5CaFkbMac7NOSYhMac7hCqQW58X0yWeq4GKWIgf)h04MB2phKkCo)r(5GuHZHOQazIvs)(HD(8PyaHs0Sd4JPXGjGWNUSOrXhjpr(g5BrMB7tjA2NtsbGn7tjSuliasV9Pen7ZjPaWMn76iE7ZsTGai92NBub(yoXuSpfdi5uywx0CdhZNsGjGW(jkR8HjGW(blrZ9XZlxsMczqQXSoe7JPXGjGWbjHfnk(pOXn3SpLOzFojfa2htJbtaHpDzrJIpsEI8nY3Im32NIbekrZoGpfdijMtHdpfRaoGFifZQoKC6mWN1DqMzFkHLAbbq6TpLOzFojfa2SzZ(eA3wQfeaj21Z81z(h1O6JRi9XdZ8Z04QsQr0HkIF0egKlPqOPrhQi4M(kOuqEUuMAiKOGofrhoOsYAMMbMD9mV9dvfL0Bx321JCDepyR1d0EGvTfpkcATw1AG1EbDOT21ZC9iZ(ucl1ccG0BFkgqOen7a(uIM95KuayFCfuk1PoW1rehz9kZ(HumR62akCWwLLyWhMac7ZsTGai92hROYqGs0SFvj1aK(HumR6qYPZaFw3bz(yAmyci8PllAu8rgxpEU5n65zSp3Oc8HjGW(zuzI1kIFlFyciSFEQUyjUpEZkbFkbMac7Z6oiZNIbeCfuk1PoWb8PyaHs0Sd4tXacwrLHaLOzhWhxbLsDQd8FUuMAO(4OQKzZFF8OGeNZNs0SpNKcaB2Frry)XOujbmEOud)IkL5TpfdieycKoMFbMGcIQcKjwj9ZV85tXasyjHXoGVuvaV97Ofw7TzZ(HLeg7TpwtekGFqZf94Vn7tXasbMGId4xGjO4pRLz)ffHVo)bx3UTFMgxvsnoNcho2VpUVee0kYUrf4Rdve)qLQKPgI4y(jkRCm)uwMM1ksQGWsTGaiXE762E7ZsTGai92NBub(yoXuSpfdiCska8CqWlvlHmhZhMac7lsiRvK(4blofRa(yAmyciCqsyrJI)dACZn7tXacUckL6uh4a(ucmbe2przLpLOz)QsQbi9PyaHs0Sd4JPXGjGWNUSOrXhjpr(g5BrMB7JRGsPo1bUoI4iRxz2NsyPwqaKE7JRGsPo1bUoI4iRxz2Sz)uiRveS3(yojzV9ZuiHumR6Ca)qkMvD(OkcYrnkeIsjJ1hpF9Xzjf6ffvinCrOYeoyEyImEcimg9hgufbjVGBCEZhYrnQHb9m7VOjACoV9ZuiHumR6Ca)qkMvD(OkcYrnkeIsjJ1hpF9Xj6sVOOcPHlcvMWbZdtKXtaHXO)WGQii5fCJZB(qoQrnmONzZ(eA3wQfeaj21I91z(h1O6JJ5etX(zACvj1i6qfXpAcdYLui00OdveCtFfukipxktnesuqNIOdhujzntZaFgqHZtvusVD9mxpYSzZ(tUU9SrJmBda

...you've treated me well.

Beyond the obvious 'If you needed to use it optimally, you needed a script' reason behind it, I'm sure they realize this will be DPS nerf. There should be a parallel plan to buff damage (or listen to Yvaelle, once again!) - man we're getting the shaft this patch... and the reasons why escape me. SPriests aren't exactly setting the meters on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidsinger View Post
    There should be a parallel plan to buff damage (or listen to Yvaelle, once again!) - man we're getting the shaft this patch... and the reasons why escape me.
    As I've said a while ago..
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    I mean your suggestions do sound way more fun, but they're also more demanding, and blizz has proven us more than once that all they wanna do with this game since WotLK is make it retardproof.
    That's exactly what this change does. Nerfing our dps is just collateral damage.
    When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
    When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
    And I held your hand through all of these years

Don't get me wrong, this is absolutely a nerf if you time your CDs right, but I am curious to see how it'll sim in game now that MB and SW line up for back to back use rather than getting the 2 straddled or not utilizing it completely.

Orb generation suffers. If orb generation suffers, DP doesn't go out as often as it should. Since DP is out biggest DPET and our big damage dealer in execute range - well expect our execute burst to go down drastically. This won't be apparent in most cases except where it counts - the end of big boss fights with extended 'execute' time. How it affects overall DPS might be minor over the entire fight, but to me that's what made the '20% phase' fun - juggling with the 6 second timer and MB and weaving DP/MF:I through it.

As Veiledy0 said - all aboard the short bus.
    Last edited by Voidsinger; 2013-07-04 at 05:38 PM.

Deleted
    The amount of micromanagement in execute range was what made spriest the most fun class for me atm. Thank you dumbing my favourite class down so that people who can't be bothered tracking death's ICD can do so with no repercurssions whatsoever. I honestly don't understand it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noite View Post
    The amount of micromanagement in execute range was what made spriest the most fun class for me atm. Thank you dumbing my favourite class down so that people who can't be bothered tracking death's ICD can do so with no repercurssions whatsoever. I honestly don't understand it.
    I'm hoping it's prelude to a Spriest overhaul in 6.0

But ya, the dumbing down of Shadow this expansion has been really dissapointing - and every time we make up new little tricks like this to obsess about, they take it away from us. It's been depressing - we clearly want this to be more complex than it is. We practically prided ourselves on having one of the more complex specs for ages: not because they made it hard, but because we kept inventing tricks - and they used to let us keep them.

In MoP they've been making it so simply I spend a good chunk of my time tabbing out mid-Mind Flay to switch websites on my other monitor, because I'm reading forums or watching youtube during heroic raids / rbgs: gotta do something with all this extra APM!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

15+ Year Old Account
    I do miss that feeling of beating a bad/lazy priest on aoe dmg when they would just sear but i'd get x5AA up and mb a orb then sear, the is not much there anymore
    Sig by Safhira

not sure but isnt this just somehting they added cause they dont want people to use the double Orb from SW: D. And wasnt doing that a very small dps buff only? Not sure but it doesnt really change anything or am I missing something.

Getting an extra orb every 6 seconds instead of every 8 seconds during execute > double tapping SW: D. The DPET potential of getting another DP/SW:I is much higher than double tapping SW: D. It isn't a "small DPS buff," it's a pretty significant increase during our execute rotation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noite View Post
    I don't see tracking an icon/bar that has a 6 second CD much harder than tracking one with 8 second CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariadne View Post
    I don't see tracking an icon/bar that has a 6 second CD much harder than tracking one with 8 second CD.
    I agree. I don't think the current live implementation increased the shadow skill cap...it increased the shadow knowledge cap. Shadow priests who understood the mechanic were at an advantage. Which is fine, I'm not saying that was a bad thing...but I don't think the complexity of actually executing the rotation will change.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    Yup totally agree where is "real" veiled to to bug Mr Street on twitter with that lovely idea ?
    I'm the real Venaliter and I torment him and Holinka frequently

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    While I don't want to nerf our already terrible movement DPS, I don't think SWeath is the place to fix it - we need a proper solution, not one that only works, and barely works, during execute range.
    God no. Mindspike should be instant. Or not remove dots. Or something. The spell simply has no purpose.

One buff on PTR atleast...

Shadowy Apparitions now creates a shadowy version of the Priest that floats towards the target and deals damage. The apparitions are now treated as a missile, and is no longer an attackable creature.
    Can't believe it took them this long to sort this out...

Quote Originally Posted by Juicebox View Post
    One buff on PTR atleast...

Can't believe it took them this long to sort this out...
    Does it move faster / is the "3 out at a time limit" still there?