Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    You don't see an issue with how they think that a solution to a boring levelling process is not to improve it, but instead charge you real money to skip it?
    They did improve it. They spent most of an expansion's development improving it. Guess how that turned out? This is a better solution than trying again (the optional increased leveling speed, I mean, not paying real money for it).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    It's a booster/buff not a equalizer. It's completely fine to charge extra for faster leveling regardless of the sub style.
    I have to go with this. You people are all acting like they are selling full T16 sets. Even thinking they will ever do that is just silly. If your into the game that money I don't think it would be a big issue paying for faster leveling up. I think its an awesome idea and I am sure a few people will come back because of this.
    " The fear of God is the beginning of Wisdom, Therefore he who has no fear of god has no wisdom "
    People saying we are in the end-times really don't know anything. Such as there's going to be 7 years of world peace before it happens and as long as china and russia are still a thing its safe to say its not going to happen anytime soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Guys, the elixir is ingame and free, unlike f2p games and you can get an infinite supply of them if you're willing to invest the time/fight competition. http://www.wowhead.com/item=86574
    That's a different item.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh dear.. its happening, bit by bit.

I wouldn't mind so much if the game was free to play, it could be justified having up spend money of these, like in other mmo's and there item shops.
    But for a sub based game like this, to charge that and items from an item shop.. no, its not right.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, it would be fine, if wow WAS F2P, but it isn't.
    It's not restricting content they don't already offer. This is no different than stuff like the mounts and pets. It's totally 100% optional and fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like if you can buy it ingame (at the heirloom vendors) for let's say 1000 Gold when you already have a level 90 character. or something along those lines....not that new players just buy that stuff and don't even complete quests anymore and learn to play the game.

I think a lot of people blathering in this thread have missed where the item requires level 85.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

I would have done that 2 expansions ago. Nothing wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    I think a lot of people blathering in this thread have missed where the item requires level 85.
    How does that change anything?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivena View Post
    I would like if you can buy it ingame (at the heirloom vendors) for let's say 1000 Gold when you already have a level 90 character. or something along those lines....not that new players just buy that stuff and don't even complete quests anymore and learn to play the game.
    You have to be level 85 it appears to use it. It comes from a level 85 flask.

its also only usable at 85 so its pretty much just an extra boost to get to end game

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    Can't say I would be surprised.
    Right? I mean despite there being no precedent for it in the eight years the game has existed, regardless the infinite amount of opportunities and the extremely successful implementation in Diablo 3 along with the multitude of statements by Blizzard saying plainly they will not introduce micro transactions nobody would be surprised. So yeah, besides all that, can't say I would be surprised either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ximinez View Post
    Well they gotta make up for that 3 mill dip in subs somehow. Cash shops are fine as long as its just boosters/cosmetics and not pay to win.
    Yeah... They don't actually, at all. One of the perks of owning the most financially successful title in the genre is that you don't have to "gotta" do anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Don't buy it, and continue playing as you have done for the past 7 years. You can essentially ignore the damn thing exists if you don't want it, other players leveling faster does not impact your gameplay in any way shape or form, that's why I'm fine with this.

We can start complaining when they start selling things that give players an edge over one another.

If you think it's greedy, that's fine, Blizzard is a company, and making money is priority 1, as long as they are not screwing us over I couldn't care how they do it.
    People don't seem to understand.

When it comes to expectations for raiding guilds, they expect players to speed level there characters to max level ASAP. They need them at max level and fully geared for there raid setup, and don't want to waste time with them leveling, so players are pressured into doing this.

Guild leaders will expect players to buy this if its for real money, to power level though asap.

And if this is the case, the devs know this, and make use of it. So, its not a simple case of 'don't buy it if you don't like it', its a case of guild masters saying 'you will buy this and power lv or else!'.

Tell me again why its not ethical?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by qL1max View Post
    pretty sure they didn't want to add more heirloom gear, so they added a potion instead, maybe you will be able to buy this with JP/HP like all other heirloom stuff.
    Kinda thinking this. Hopefully...

When it comes to expectations for raiding guilds, they expect players to speed level there characters to max level ASAP. They need them at max level and fully geared for there raid setup, and don't want to waste time with them leveling, so players are pressured into doing this.

Guild leaders will expect players to buy this if its for real money, to power level though asap.

And if this is the case, the devs know this, and make use of it. So, its not a simple case of 'don't buy it if you don't like it', its a case of guild masters saying 'you will buy this and power lv or else!'.

you can level from 85 to 90 in a day or two. so no it is not required and anyone who would force you to do so to save A FEW HOURS is a huge dick

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    They did improve it. They spent most of an expansion's development improving it. Guess how that turned out? This is a better solution than trying again (the optional increased leveling speed, I mean, not paying real money for it).
    For certain values of "improving", sure. I'd argue that they watered it down significantly and further cemented the very real issue that nothing you do at lower levels matters. Nothing carries over to "the real game" at max level. The levelling process is insignificant and unimportant because that's what Blizzard has designed it to be. Instead of making it better - or even optional - they choose to charge players for the privilege to pass it quicker. And people defend this.

I'm sorry. I know I'm coming off as abrasive. I just really, really wish people would have higher demands from developers and publishers - I think the game industry (and the MMO industry in particular) would be far healthier if we as players stopped throwing money at everything and were more discerning and demanding.

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    personally I think it's valid.

you pay your sub to play.

than you pay an extra value to level faster.

how's that any different than paying an extra value for a new continent, a new class, 5 more levels with dungeons and raids, et cetera? it's just a matter of scale.
    Brilliant you buy the game, pay a sub fee and then you can pay even more to bypass the content on offer.

Looking at the actual Elixir it says that it requires level 85 I wonder if this is going to be part of a new Scroll of Resurrection offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    You don't see an issue with how they think that a solution to a boring levelling process is not to improve it, but instead charge you real money to skip it?

It's amazing to me how eager people are to throw themselves down every slippery slope they can find. :I
    How exactly would YOU improve the leveling process? slogging through 1-level cap is only going to get longer and more boring as future Xpacs are released. I personally think its really about time they added something to speed it up.

It's amazing to me how people can see slippery slopes everywhere and still function. It must be a very scary world for you.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.

that's easy to fix. just make it so that the item arrives 5 days after you buy it. than you don't have to buy anything, since I always leveled those 5 last levels in 2 days. it'll be way faster to just level up normally than to wait 5 days to start lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account

Your argument is invalid. This would apply to such a minority it's not even funny

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    That's a different item.
    You're right, it's a BETTER item that you can obtain without any cost other than your monthly subscription fee.
    But look at how soon we're all forgotten. The abyss of endless time that swallows it all. The emptiness of those applauding hands.