Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If this means WoW will be going F2P/B2P soon: nice.

If they will continue to charge a subscription while adding stuff like this to the store: fuck those greedy bastards.

Seems most people are fine with them selling anything in the store as long as it's not gear so that's probably what's gonna happen...oh well, I'll just ignore it and not return to the game (not that anyone cares I know).
    Last edited by mmoc1448edff70; 2013-07-03 at 08:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1: No I havn't read 9 pages through
    2: "In addition, closed-beta invitees who download and use the app during the closed-beta period will receive something cool from Blizzard and the Battle.net team in thanks."
    It could be a reward for participating in the BNet Desktop beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warak View Post
    Okay, allow me to debunk your "Fallacy argument"
    It starts with pets
    Oh, now it's mounts
    They're both cosmetic and have 0 impact on the game. They've been sold for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Warak View Post
    Now it's exp
    The elixir isn't offering anything already not available in the game. We're not slipping at all and nowhere near "selling heroic raid gear in a cash shop" as some people have stated.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    I don't think you understand what you're responding to here.

Unless you do mean to imply that Blizzard is right around the corner from selling gear.
    I am not saying they will sell gear. I am saying they will do something to make up for the loss in cash and making a ingame cash shop will do just that.

But like I said depending how they do it "if they do" will have ether a really good effect or a major back lash on the game. I personally disagree with them doing it "if they do" because that is double dipping and I am not a fan of double dipping. If they want to do the cash shop make the game f2p if they can't make it f2p don't do the cash shop or at less do a F2p/P2p with cash shop kinda like how rift has it setup but just picking p2p+cash shop is double dipping and I don't like that version of it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I am not saying they will sell gear.
    Then you have no reason to quote me.

I hope it's not a sign of F2P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post21646386
    Feel free to tell us why you think nonessential boosts are 100% unquestionably going to lead to epic gear on the cash shop, barring some cataclysm (pardon the pun) that tanks sub numbers hard enough to force WoW to go free-play?
    Even if it did we wouldn't see heroic-level gear

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Oh...

/ Thread everyody! we can go home
    but the name "enduring" is funny. it either means the item isn't consumed by use, or that the buff "endures" (aka buff forever). the data in the item could be a placeholder, as well.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Perhaps the "cool" reward for testing the Bnet desktop app? You could get a code and then redeem it on the store?

you can already buy heroic gear from black market ah by buying gold from xxxx but thats another story.

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Then you have no reason to quote me.
    ....you said

How long?

Been waiting three years already.

Hell, technically I have been waiting since they first added advertisements to the official forum. That topic was hilarious.
    Then I said
    The HUGE difference in 3 years ago and now is that 3 years ago blizzard was not losing subs by the truck load and then turn around and admit by the end of the xpac subs will be lower.

I knew blizzard was going to do something to make up for that cash flow and if this is it I wouldn't be surprised but the catch 22 is if they fuck up the cash shop "if they even do it" it will have way more of a black lash and a way more lost in subs.

For example if people who love server first's like professions and max level can use the shop to get this it will push some people away from even trying. It can be the start of something bad or something useful just depends how blizzard dose it.

In my personal opinion as long as WOW is P2p there should be NO cash shop in wow unless its just for things like mounts/pets. I am not a fan of double dipping and that would be what they are doing if they make a cash shop on top of the monthly sub.
    That was a reply to your comment so yes I did have a reason to quote you. You on the other hand have no reason to be a dick and tell me I got no reason to quote someone. Don't want me or anyone else to Quote you then don't post on the forums.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Oh...

/ Thread everyody! we can go home
    That doesnt really mean much. Boosts could last from 1-2hrs but could stack 999 times or so

Quote Originally Posted by Entrophius View Post
    Perhaps the "cool" reward for testing the Bnet desktop app? You could get a code and then redeem it on the store?
    Thats not a bad guess actually. I can't see the reward being so large as a mount etc. so perhaps this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    ....you said

Then I said

That was a reply to your comment so yes I did have a reason to quote you. You on the other hand have no reason to be a dick and tell me I got no reason to quote someone. Don't want me or anyone else to Quote you then don't post on the forums.
    Yes, you barged your way into a thread that you clearly weren't paying much attention to. I pointed out that I was specifically talking about selling gear. You said you weren't. So we have nothing to discuss.

Lovely little hard on you have for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Icebear View Post
    1: No I havn't read 9 pages through
    2: "In addition, closed-beta invitees who download and use the app during the closed-beta period will receive something cool from Blizzard and the Battle.net team in thanks."
    It could be a reward for participating in the BNet Desktop beta?
    Could be, that would be to to logical

Deleted
    i love how many go bonkers about this, while we know absolutely nothing about it yet for sure.

prehaps its obtained ingame through currency , maybe its bought indeed in the Blizzard Store.
    prehaps its just for the Asian gamer market where they wanna regain subs.

we don't know and before we spout more nonsense we should way till we figure out what actually going on with it.

You can buy a 300% exp boost by RAF'ing yourself. This isn't a big deal..
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

If this happens... I am going to feel very sorry for blizz.

Deleted
    They have been selling powerleveling via "recruit a friend" for ages. Buy a battlechest, powerlevel your alters. Same with battle pets leveling. Line not crossed yet. Also, is a datamined thing, just like the third spec.

Also, I thought the OMG they sell heroic gear for €€€ was crossed via buy gold -> go BMAH.

Unless WoW is going free to play, this is not something I'm willing to tolerate.