Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

New Scatter Shot glyph.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=146657

Turns Scatter Shot into Silencing Shot, more or less. I like it a lot. A lot a lot. I'm content with the removal of Silencing Shot from the talents now.

Deleted
    That's a smart change from Blizz, I like it. Hopefully it stays for live.

it's gonna be a must have glyph, as ss was a must have talent

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Impressive View Post
    it's gonna be a must have glyph, as ss was a must have talent
    Yeap. It's stupid, their whole design with glyphs is that none should be mandatory. This whole thing could so easily be fixed by simply making SS a pure interrupt as baseline, and have MM giving it a silence effect (if they want, I don't care).

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, Beace. This is just a thinly veiled PvP nerf hitting PvE once again. They're not giving us a baseline interrupt -- the ideal solution (that doesn't contradict the current paradigm for glyphs) -- for PvE because they want PvP hunters to have to give up the daze from Scatter Shot in trade for a ranged interrupt in PvP.

I'm glad the placeholder description mentions a range increase, but Scatter Shot also has a 30-second cooldown. If that's not brought down by the glyph as well, this glyph is crap.

Blizzard: "We don't like mandatory talents; it goes against the intent of the system. Mandatory glyphs? Perfect!"

This will give MM 2 interrupts/silence or a silence + daze and they can still spec for intimidation also.
    Oh wait AND they have binding shot....
    It's gonna make MM the only viable pvp spec in comparison to the others.
    Last edited by Ozzayel; 2013-07-03 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzayel View Post
    This will give MM 2 interrupts/silence or a silence + daze and they can still spec for intimidation also.
    Oh wait AND they have binding shot....
    It's gonna make MM the only viable pvp spec in comparison to the others.
    Binding shot is getting replaced for silencing shot (instead of it being baseline, silencing shot is). They will only be able to have either or, not both binding shot and intimidation.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzayel View Post
    This will give MM 2 interrupts
    Yet another reason why the replacement interrupt needs to be baseline, not a damned glyph. Then Silencing Shot for MM can simply read, "Replaces Interrupt Shot" (obvious placeholder name).

Having Silencing Shot replace Scatter Shot for MM would be strange. Having the new glyph say "Cannot be taken with Marksmanship Specialization" would be even more awkward.

Despite all that, there is a precedent for a silence and separate interrupt in the same toolkit: Death Knights.

You realize that SS was MM only forever and that scatter shot is the only reason a trap can be landed in the first place. You take this glyph you give up your right to trap players that are aware of their surroundings.

Quote Originally Posted by redrobin3 View Post
    You realize that SS was MM only forever and that scatter shot is the only reason a trap can be landed in the first place. You take this glyph you give up your right to trap players that are aware of their surroundings.
    not true, you still can land traps with disengage webs, is even better becasue you gurantee that the teammate wont eat the trap.

MM would still find a way to not use scatter to trap, you can also use monkey blind, or pair with someone that will provide the 1st CC, like a rogué blind/sap, DK grip.

concusive trap isnt hard to pull off by any means either and as MM is so easy to keep a whole team dazed.

Deleted
    looks OP but should be good for PvP and PvE some cases

They removed the glyph that automatically applied hunter's mark because it was essentially mandatory. This glyph seems to go against the glyph philosophy. I can't see any serious PVE hunter not using this glyph.

Something tells me Marksmanship will be "The new BM" in terms of PVP-driven nerfs. Not just because of the dual interrupts, but because of its other pvp strengths that have mostly been ignored in favor of the simplicity and brute force of BM PVP. PVPers will be trying out marks now, and the nerfs will follow as people start dying to Marks hunters. I hate to be so cynical, but this is the hunter class.

The positive? We asked for an interrupt, and it looks like we're getting one.

Looks like another nerf. Scattertrap or interrupt - your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Frykor View Post
    That's a smart change from Blizz, I like it. Hopefully it stays for live.
    Someone said this in the PTR discussion when the glyph was brought up so im gonna quote him because he said it a lot better than i would of been able to:

The idea of tying an interrupt, which should be baseline w/a silence, to a glyph which then not only costs us a glyph slot....but also costs us a much used, often needed disorient...that just goes beyond stupid

Deleted
    they have already said they are looking to stop scatter trap so will probably be this unless you are playing MM for the standard SS

Deleted
    Nice, from the looks of it most of the hunters in this thread won't be able to trap my teammates anymore. Let's hope the 'trend' spreads

Quote Originally Posted by Yavania View Post
    they have already said they are looking to stop scatter trap so will probably be this unless you are playing MM for the standard SS
    If they want to stop scatter trap they need to make freezing trap a casted shot, otherwise it'll be damn useless.
    ATM scatter trap is the only way to reliably trap next patch, narrow escape becoming dispellable after all :/

Quote Originally Posted by Yavania View Post
    Sure it obviously invalidates Scatter-Trapping, but what seems to be lost on you that in order to get an interrupt, you have to give up both a Glyph and a CC. So instead of a real compensation, we get another nerf-buff trade-off. I dont know why any hunter would be "okay" with that?

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Watch glyphed Scatter Shot keep the horrible 30-second cooldown (quite okay for the daze, crap for an interrupt) because "we couldn't give it a standard interrupt cooldown with Marksmanship's also having Silencing Shot." Completely disregarding that we have to use a major glyph slot and give up a daze attack for it. Just watch. I bet you ten and three sevenths internets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agrotera View Post
    Sure it obviously invalidates Scatter-Trapping, but what seems to be lost on you that in order to get an interrupt, you have to give up both a Glyph and a CC. So instead of a real compensation, we get another nerf-buff trade-off. I dont know why any hunter would be "okay" with that?
    I'm okay with it because i don't pvp and it was looking like i had no interupt going into 5.4 and now i have.

Sure it sucks for pvp for BM, but after nerf and nerf in pve because of pvp i couldn't give a damn anymore. Ofc i would like most hunters keep scatter shot and have a baseline interupt but meh i'm happy i'll have something for 5.4.

Saying that, it's still fairly early in ptr so i wouldn't be surprised if it gets changed as it goes against Blizz's stance of mandatory glyphs although animal bond says hi since beginning of mop.