Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you think the Starcraft universe could ever get tied into WoW?

When I played EverQuest one the expansions actually took place on the Moon of Norrath (basically in space). Do you think this could happen in a game like World of Warcraft, where an expansion takes place on another planet / moon, and you get to interact with Zerg / Protoss, or would this be going way too far?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by achromatickang View Post
    When I played EverQuest one the expansions actually took place on the Moon of Norrath (basically in space). Do you think this could happen in a game like World of Warcraft, where an expansion takes place on another planet / moon, and you get to interact with Zerg / Protoss, or would this be going way too far?
    I think with the lore similarities between the two I think it will eventually be revealed that the two universes are connected. Something like the Xel'naga and the Titans being related / being the same beings or something along those lines. Though I don't think we'll see Protoss/Zerg in a WoW expansion as such things likely don't exist yet or are long extinct.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think so. That's like asking if milk could ever get into orange juice. No good would come of it.

Deleted
    No.

World of Starcraft? Sure, one day, maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's already Tauren Marines in SC and Mini Thor's in WoW.

I don't think starcraft and wow would mix very well without causing tons of lore problems. But I would be for an expansion on another planets like BC.

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I don't think so. That's like asking if milk could ever get into orange juice. No good would come of it.

50/50 bars would like to talk to you.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    I myself wouldn't like it but if there is a HUGE uproar for it maybe..?

This has been said before, it basically comes down to imagination and if Blizzard would do it.

Zerg Overlord looks similar to an old god, zerg can be considered different evolution of Quiraji, rest insectoid races while linking Protoss tech with Titans etc etc.

They can do whatever they want, but they shouldnt.

Deleted
    would be like mixing Red bull and milk.

Nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post

Wait a second, is that for real?

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I think with the lore similarities between the two I think it will eventually be revealed that the two universes are connected. Something like the Xel'naga and the Titans being related / being the same beings or something along those lines. Though I don't think we'll see Protoss/Zerg in a WoW expansion as such things likely don't exist yet or are long extinct.
    Which do you think would be extinct, the Azeroth folks or the Protoss / Zerg? Just curious because I remember when I watched Star Wars even though it seemed futuristic it apparently happened a long time ago. The universe is crazy like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    I don't think starcraft and wow would mix very well without causing tons of lore problems. But I would be for an expansion on another planets like BC.
    Can you give an example of the Lore problems? I don't doubt you, I'm just curious. Didn't they mention "Earth" in Starcraft 1? I could see that being problematic.
    Last edited by achromatickang; 2013-07-03 at 10:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by achromatickang View Post
    Wait a second, is that for real?
    It was one of Blizzard's April Fools jokes.

maybe that's what Titan is! :O

after all, if they release a new mmo they're going to want to wean people off of WoW and onto Titan, if Titan was centered around the overarching "Blizzard Universe" it would include WoW lore, as well as SC lore. The factions would change from Horde/Alliance to Azerothian/something...come to think of it, while I'm sure the horde/alliance could join forces and end the war in order to defeat sargeras and become buddy buddy, I'm not sure if the zerg, protoss, and terrans could do that. Maybe a splinter faction of all 3 join up, Kerrigan's zerg, Raynor's terran, and the next hero character's Protoss, all join up to create their own faction of 3 races (with vast racial differences to make up for only having 3 races, so you could be say a primal zerg if you desired).

It could be that after defeating Sargeras, the Draenei and Velen have decided to stop fixing the Exodar, and instead build a fleet of Ships, or maybe fix the Exodar and use it as a flagship, to explore worlds outside of Azeroth. Reasoning being, they have no idea if another creature as powerful as Sargeras could ever invade again, so instead of waiting for it to happen, they shall seek those creatures out themselves, as a joined Alliance and Horde known simply as Azerothians. At first they find nothing, perhaps small settlements on primal planets, until one day they meet the splinter faction of Terran/Zerg/Protoss, and any attempts at peace are made impossible when fired upon by the Starcraftians heavy machinery/protoss weaponry, which at the time surpassed that of the majority of the Azerothian fleet.

No. The stories, tones, backgrounds and settings are vastly different between the two. It would be very stupid and contrived if they turned out to share a universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    There's also little voodoo fetish guys from Diablo. And miniature version of Tyrael. And a flying horse named and based after him!

titans =/= xelnaga.. titans created what whould alter throu old god corruption become humans.
    in sc2, xelnaga is only said to have created zerg and protoss.

where is the old gods in SC? wiped out? along with all other races of azeroth? and the burning legion? none of it fits into sc2..

i think you whould have to go throu ridiculus leghts to tie wow and sc lore together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubt it, but been thinking that if they made an MMO that was able to import characters from their other games that would be amazing... Someone's Blood Elf is now suddenly captain of some spacecraft thing.. hehe (Not including any ability to steal a space goat ship. lol)

I really hope not.
    The eastereggs are just fun things blizz throws between games.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    They could go the Warhammer route and explain that Starcraft -is- Warcraft 40.000 years in the future. Which would basically mean all non-human races got exterminated on Azeroth at one point.
    lol this.
    High elfs + blood elves + humans = HUmans in SC2 which is why they have the pysonic powers
    night elfs + draenei + ethereials = protos
    bugys= Zerg.

done! ;3

10+ Year Old Account
    Can I have some of what your smoking?
    Aye mate