Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataxus View Post
    These changes are huge QoL/burst/cd management setbacks. I guess that's what they determined was needed to avoid CM nerf?
    Question is - would you rather have had the CM nerf? :P

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxDD View Post
    The number pass is when spells damage will be tweaked, the one good thing you can take out of this nerf if it stays like this as its the only mechanical change combustion will recieve.

Honestly what they do will depend a lot on the how they let that trinket go live . . I think you will end up with a CM nerf and probably a spell co-efficient nerf on Pyroblast and Living bomb, I dont think its really fair to touch Combustion because after the opener it would actually be easier to line up with trinket procs while unglyphed.

I do think though that Qol is the singly most important thing for having fun and a 67.5 second CD on a really important spell is kinda dumb honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

super - I did, apparently the mods dont like short posts (only temp though)
    Kinda expected changes.. And we will still prolly use the glyph as it happens to line up with the Amp trinket now if its on ICD, plus with longer cd you can fish for bigger ignite and procs without getting penalized as hard for missing the cd by 5-10 secs.. And while I think this ain't enough, they really cant go and nerf co-efficients either for reasons I said a while back..

And I really doubt mods like you making a new account to circumvent a ban either, but hey I don't know the story

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Glyph of Combustion now useless else won't line up with AT correctly; will probably be more beneficial to not take glyph.
    It still increases Combustion Damage and DoT length. What else are you going to take?

- - - Updated - - -

I feel as if there intentions weren't to nerf the cooldown, but rather the direct damage and the dot portion of the glyph, it just so happens the cooldown is also included in that. Maybe they can change the damage and dot duration to 50% and leave cooldown at 100%? blizz plz T.T

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aycheff View Post
    I still increases Combustion Damage and DoT length. What else are you going to take?
    At the sacrifice of not necessarily lining up with AT unless you use it on CD (also same for no-glyph); not lining up with PoM apart from every third (again, same for no-glyph but lines up more often) and bad for the new trinkets. It's a close call but personally off my early calculations it's not gonna be worth.
    Last edited by mmoc7cd3c912a5; 2013-07-15 at 05:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Kinda expected changes.. And we will still prolly use the glyph as it happens to line up with the Amp trinket now if its on ICD, plus with longer cd you can fish for bigger ignite and procs without getting penalized as hard for missing the cd by 5-10 secs.. And while I think this ain't enough, they really cant go and nerf co-efficients either for reasons I said a while back..
    The amp trinket has a 105 sec internal from the proc (Im almost sure, PTR is down, but its why i wasnt super happy about the DS CD)

So would you delay the Combustion for over 40 seconds potentially to line it up with the amp trinket.

Maybe im getting the timing wrong, but that to me makes it look like it wouldnt line with Amp at all. (Do correct me if thats the case please)

Aycheff - you could just not use it until the 90 second mark if that was the case, it would just give you choice.
    Last edited by mmocb2a6ad01e7; 2013-07-15 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Question is - would you rather have had the CM nerf? :P
    Depends on the size.. a small CM nerf would lead us right back to where we are atm, if the gearing next patch is anything like this patch. And then we would eat another nerf. Which we prolly will anyway as I don't think this is enough in the end. I mean sure it cut's down damage.. but if you don't count it being annoying to line up properly, you only loose a bit as AT is still a 3 min cd, so camping with AT waiting on combustion ain't really a problem. All in all it cuts down combustion damage, but we need to see what happens, unless we go unglyphed, but glyphing has still a lot of benefits..

This actually makes unglyphing combustion an option for certain fights, but it's more annoying than anything.. last thing we really needed to this spec

edit: nvm seems i cant read

these changes are gunna make combustion rather clunky with AT

Deleted
    The POM change won't matter too much for fire as we should be combusting before the 2nd POM hits anyway as it's a weaker hit that will most likely reduce our current ignite.

The Combustion one really throws a spanner in the works though. My first reaction was, okay, just run without the glyph, every second combustion will be up with the Amplification trinket and it gives us 7-8 seconds to play with each time it comes off CD to build a nice sized ignite. But then running the numbers quickly I'm not so sure. As the Amp trinket increases Combustion damage by at least 3x than without it, I think it might actually be better to stick with the glyph and save Combustion for it...

If we say a glyphed non Amp Combust hits for 1.5m, an Amp one hits for 4.5m and lets say an 8 min fight. This means a non glyphed non Amp Combust hits for 1m and an Amp one hits for 3m.

Without the Glyph we'd have:

5s Combust - 3m
    55s Combust - 1m
    110s Combust - 3m
    165s Combust - 1m
    215s Combust - 3m
    270s Combust - 1m
    325s Combust - 3m
    380s Combust - 1m
    435s Combust - 3m

Total = 19m

With the Glyph and not saving for Amp:

5s Combust (Amp) - 4.5m
    72.5s Combust - 1.5m
    140s Combust - 1.5m
    207.5s Combust (Amp) - 4.5m
    275s Combust - 1.5m
    342.5s Combust - 1.5m
    410s Combust (Amp) - 4.5m

Total = 19.5m

With the Glyph saving for Amp we'd have:

5s Combust - 4.5m
    110s Combust - 4.5m
    215s Combust - 4.5m
    325s Combust - 4.5m
    435s Combust - 4.5m

Total = 22.5m

This obviously varies hugely based on procs, RnG, fight length etc and is just really quick paper towel stuff (which I'm sure someone will pick apart ). This also doesnt take into account that Combust glyphed wont line up with AT or PoM now though but that would only enhance the saving of Combust for 90secs to use with Amp.
    Last edited by mmoc2d974db7e1; 2013-07-15 at 05:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxDD View Post
    The amp trinket has a 105 sec internal from the proc (Im almost sure, PTR is down, but its why i wasnt super happy about the DS CD)

So would you delay the Combustion for over 40 seconds potentially to line it up with the amp trinket.

Maybe im getting the timing wrong, but that to me makes it look like it wouldnt line with Amp at all. (Do correct me if thats the case please)

Aycheff - you could just not use it until the 90 second mark if that was the case, it would just give you choice.
    Ye it was my brainfart^^

Deleted
    Still take Combu glyph, and use every 90s as you do now (delaying for Amplification ofc).

Hey guys on the bright side if this change is really bad, we can just cry about it like warlocks when they changed the KJ talent and get it reverted, right? please tell me im right guys, please
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    Hey guys on the bright side if this change is really bad, we can just cry about it like warlocks when they changed the KJ talent and get it reverted, right? please tell me im right guys, please
    KJC is now the weakest talent on that row by a mile, there is almost no point to it because of how changed it is and how buffed Fel flame is : )

KJC is now the weakest talent on that row by a mile, there is almost no point to it because of how changed it is and how buffed Fel flame is : )
    That new AV change is huge. Double Dark Soul for ST and MF for AoE. The new KJC is still useful though >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Vykina View Post
    Still take Combu glyph, and use every 90s as you do now (delaying for Amplification ofc).
    This is what I assumed as well. I just don't see not taking the combustion glyph an option.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vykina View Post
    Yeah, doing this essentially means it's a 25% nerf to Combustion over what it would of been, which lets be honest, probably isn't OTT. My concern though is they are still in the mechanic change phase, I would imagine more number nerfing is coming too.

so now i have to give all my officers under the table mouth hugs for dibs on first trinket?

Also it makes me happy there is actual discussion about the change as opposed to flipping out and pitchforking blizzard. Nice job guys

Deleted
    The nerf bat was going to come anyway. That affects our damage big time, but I also think the glyph is going to stay mandatory as it is. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by aycheff View Post
    Also it makes me happy there is actual discussion about the change as opposed to flipping out and pitchforking blizzard. Nice job guys
    It's only because we were all expecting a nerf. This isn't as bad as some were expecting. The only concern I have is that this is only the beginning. Guess we will see soon enough. In the mean time I've been shaking off the rust on my Arcane spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    It's only because we were all expecting a nerf. This isn't as bad as some were expecting. The only concern I have is that this is only the beginning. Guess we will see soon enough. In the mean time I've been shaking off the rust on my Arcane spec.
    How viable is Arcane going to be anyway? I haven't played it since 5.0.0.