Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Wow, they nerfed the spec in the worst way I can possibly imagine. Fixes absolutely nothing. I'm just wondering if they really think about the changes or just throw out random ideas and see how it works?
    Last edited by Tobedeleted123; 2013-07-15 at 05:58 PM.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    All they want to do is make sure that less combustions are done with AT, they're trying to stop Combustion from being a huge burden on DPS if you didn't get it right.
    It's understandable. And i'll bet you any sort of money that when there's a new expansion, Cumbustion will be redesigned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusteyy View Post
    Not using PoM......no comment. How does it effect us in the long run? Its pretty negligible, but still noticible. One less guaranteed Pyro on each AT burst combo.

50% Combustion nerf. DAMN. This is what really hurts, not only because it is HALF but also (as someone else mentioned) this makes lining up CD's an absolute nightmare. Right now it is so nice and easy every other is AT and every other is PoM only. Makes it simple. This is just going to screw everything up.

I will absolutely be parsing out arcane now on the PTR. This to me makes fire unplayable, and if it is playable, just not fun.
    Let's see: Jin'rokh: Blazing Speed helps with getting to the water pool, getting out of the water pool with ionisation, avoiding lightnings on transition. PoM will give you a guaranteed Pyroblast as you said (note, not Pyroblast! which is stronger) every AT combo.

Horridon: Blazing speed let's you go between doors much faster. Can also help with the dino.

Council: This is a fight I see PoM being better.

Tortos: Blazing Speed can help on avoiding turtles, I see both talents being very close to each other.

Megaera: Blazing Speed helps with avoiding the acid aoe. Also helps going to positions for rampage earlier. PoM close to it, maybe a bit better if lucky with debuffs.

Ji-kun: Blazing Speed is a clear winner here imo.

Primordius: I can ninja buffs har har!

Dark Animus: Blazing speed helps when you get matter swapped in any part of the encounter. Can see both talents being close but I'd go with Blazing Speed just because of the convenience.

Iron Qon: Blazing Speed clear winner, can run through tornadoes before even the people using portals (his also frees portal stacks for failures to use them).

Twin Consorts: Easy movement behind the Ice Comet. I can see PoM being used too though.

Lei Shen: Blazing Speed clear winner, Helm of Command, platforms and phase 3 winds + Thunderstruck.

Ra-den: PoM clear winner if you are not in line to soak ever.

I'm talking about heroic on these encounters. As you can see, Blazing Speed's utility is unparalleled. It helped to save me from a lot of sticky situations and since then I haven't let it go except for Ra-den.

OT: This glyph change is horrible anyway. I too, can see fire becoming unplayable.

ahah lol, damn you Blizzard !
    This is gay, 1.5 mid CD does not fit to anything

Deleted
    You would have to be clinically insane to not take PoM as a Fire Mage in ToT on live.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aycheff View Post
    It still increases Combustion Damage and DoT length. What else are you going to take?

- - - Updated - - -

I feel as if there intentions weren't to nerf the cooldown, but rather the direct damage and the dot portion of the glyph, it just so happens the cooldown is also included in that. Maybe they can change the damage and dot duration to 50% and leave cooldown at 100%? blizz plz T.T
    Why would you want an increase of 50% and a cooldown of 100%? It makes no sense, if you want it to line up with AT, just wait for AT to come off cooldown. On some fights, we might be able to get an extra combustion off if the cooldown is increased by only 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    Let's see: Jin'rokh: Blazing Speed helps with getting to the water pool, getting out of the water pool with ionisation, avoiding lightnings on transition. PoM will give you a guaranteed Pyroblast as you said (note, not Pyroblast! which is stronger) every AT combo.

Horridon: Blazing speed let's you go between doors much faster. Can also help with the dino.

Tortos: Blazing Speed can help on avoiding turtles, I see both talents being very close to each other.

Megaera: Blazing Speed helps with avoiding the acid aoe. Also helps going to positions for rampage earlier. PoM close to it, maybe a bit better if lucky with debuffs.

Dark Animus: Blazing speed helps when you get matter swapped in any part of the encounter. Can see both talents being close but I'd go with Blazing Speed just because of the convenience.

Iron Qon: Blazing Speed clear winner, can run through tornadoes before even the people using portals (his also frees portal stacks for failures to use them).

Twin Consorts: Easy movement behind the Ice Comet. I can see PoM being used too though.

Lei Shen: Blazing Speed clear winner, Helm of Command, platforms and phase 3 winds + Thunderstruck.

I'm talking about heroic on these encounters. As you can see, Blazing Speed's utility is unparalleled. It helped to save me from a lot of sticky situations and since then I haven't let it go except for Ra-den.

OT: This glyph change is horrible anyway. I too, can see fire becoming unplayable.
    Blink does everything you use Blazing Speed for, and doesn't take a talent

This is a troll right? I mean, it has to be. Nobody is this.......ya know (I don't wanna get in trouble again). Are you really advocating for BS over PoM as fire? Like really? I am not even sure what to say. I like your little scenarios there on a boss by boss basis, but like Frost said, blink does all of that an more without forgoing PoM. PoM is a guaranteed 2 extra insta pyros (yes, I know its 25% less damage), but giving that up for a little speed boost is simply asinine. I literally am dumbfounded at this to be honest should this turn out to be your actual opinion/mindset.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vykina View Post
    You would have to be clinically insane to not take PoM as a Fire Mage in ToT on live.
    ^^what he said.

But its okay, Vykina isn't really a good fire mage though. He is probably noob for not using BS. Not like he is in a world first guild or anything. No biggie. You are probably right.......

-_-

EDIT: After re-reading his post, I am 99% sure its a troll. It has to be. Like it HAS to be......

Hey just a thought, if you change Combustion to a 40 Second CD it fixes synergy problems with AT but removes the synergy with PoM still. I would still prefer not to touch the timers on the CD's but if you change this glyph, I would think it would make sense to have a 60 second CD rather than a 67.5 cd. That Amp trinket looks great, wasn't really paying attention to PTR till mage changes came along. This is being done to nerf burst then obviously without nerfing undergeared fire mages too much. Last time with the CM nerfs, it made lower geared fire suffer, so I understand not wanting to go that route. Personally, I would rather have nerfs to % of ignite applied when used rather than to nerf combustion's synergy. I really thought Fire had great CD synergy in 5.2, and these changes do feel like making something function clunkier to nerf burst potential when really just nerfing the internal %'s could do a much better balancing job. Or am I completely wrong here on both Changing the CD to 40 seconds, or nerfing the internal ignite %'s?
    Last edited by Mebhy; 2013-07-15 at 07:32 PM.

The change in no way whatsoever makes fire "unplayable".......

Quote Originally Posted by Scerick View Post
    How viable is Arcane going to be anyway? I haven't played it since 5.0.0.
    I tried Arcane on the PTR but there is quite a bit of movement on a lot of fights, im trying to have two full sets to change for fights in 5.4. Fire will still do really well with the trinkets available and will just change glyphs. Critting even more with more gear will actually make the glyph change not bad at all.

I did better as Fire even with the changes but 2 fights i have found where you can stand still arcane did really well and did much more than our frost mage who is going to fire today.

This combustion change is horrible for fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    The combustion change is a step into the right direction! I still expect more fire nerfs possibly, but that nerf is definitely a good one to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Methusula View Post
    It's only because we were all expecting a nerf. This isn't as bad as some were expecting. The only concern I have is that this is only the beginning. Guess we will see soon enough. In the mean time I've been shaking off the rust on my Arcane spec.
    This is only the beginning I believe. Still haven't had a mage damage pass.

I'm arcane right now, I hope arcane does more than fire next patch since I'll be fully prepared.

What are your thoughts on the 5.4 arcane vs fire. I wouldn't mind if it was similar to this tier where arcane does better until fire gets heroic bis, then it edges out and beats it.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2013-07-15 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    The combustion change is a step into the right direction! I still expect more fire nerfs possibly, but that nerf is definitely a good one to start with.
    Why? /tooshort

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

This is only the beginning I believe. Still haven't had a mage damage pass.

I'm arcane right now, I hope arcane does more than fire next patch since I'll be fully prepared.

What are your thoughts on the 5.4 arcane vs fire. I wouldn't mind if it was similar to this tier where arcane does better until fire gets heroic bis, then it edges out and beats it.
    no, arcane should be nerfed to the ground. useless spec.
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Deleted
    RoP Arcane is practically unplayable on most encounters, you'd have to go with IW mostly which isn't gonna be better than Fire.

Deleted
    Well, at last the trinket is nerfed 50% for combustion, we knew it would come something like this. Now we have to wait, see and test the crap out of it on PTR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    no, arcane should be nerfed to the ground. useless spec.
    That's horrible logic.

@Currenttopic: I still find it amusing people are upset but seem to be ok with a major glyph being mandatory which seems to go against the glyphs redesign in the first place.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2013-07-15 at 07:26 PM. Reason: Cuz I spel gud
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    RoP Arcane is practically unplayable on most encounters, you'd have to go with IW mostly which isn't gonna be better than Fire.
    Is it really that bad? How about haste invocation? I just can't see it being that much movement where it's that bad lol. I don't see how they can just neglect arcane like that. Q_Q.

Is it really that bad? How about haste invocation? I just can't see it being that much movement where it's that bad lol. I don't see how they can just neglect arcane like that. Q_Q.
    Arcane has been neglected all expansion. A turret spec in a raid environment which is constantly demanding more movement and attention to abilities doesnt mesh well with it's playstyle.