... LastLast
    Deleted
    i.imgur.com/4isjDGM.png
    Did anyone mention combustion )?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AscAizen View Post
    i.imgur.com/4isjDGM.png
    Did anyone mention combustion )?
    Definitely a sick combustion. But it is just 30 seconds of burst and all people are going to see in that picture is 5 mill dps and scream nerf. I'm guessing this wasn't single target and you have the new trinkets and you happened to spread that massive combustion to 3 target dummies out in front of the shrine? If I'm wrong I'm scared for our future. More kneejerk reactions incoming.

As an aside:
    Being a fire mage for all of this xpac, except during the famed CM Gut post 5.1 when I was a traitorous Scorch spamming arcane mage, I must say... that looks quite delicious.

Deleted
    It's spread from 1 dummy to 2 others, but the fact that I managed to do 150M damage in that time with combustion is pretty damn broken.

Yes there is non beacuse blizz wants us to play fire this pvp session i guess

Quote Originally Posted by AscAizen View Post
    It's spread from 1 dummy to 2 others, but the fact that I managed to do 150M damage in that time with combustion is pretty damn broken.
    Then again that trinket is broken as hell for combustion.. As it just is nuts for it. First it ups your Pyroblast crit damage, then it ups your ignite value from those Pyro crits, then its ups your combustion crit damage and finally it ups your combustion tick ammount.

So lets assume all your combustions crit and leaving haste out of the calculation but 84% from pyro crits to that we add mastery, which is more complicated as I think it ups your mastery rating, not the value? So we need to calculate the 12% base off. So lets assume you are rolling with 10k mastery with shammy buff for the sake of this calculation. So it ups your ignite by around 54% and then on top of that we get another 84% to combustion crits

So x times 1.54 times 1.84 is 2.83, now to that we add another 84% to combustion crits, which we will crit around 50 to 55%, but lets go with 70%(yours), so 0.3 x 2.83 + 2.83x 0.7x 1.84 is around 4.5. So with just that trinket procced. Does around 4 times your normal combustion damage.

So unless I'm calculating something wrong your average combustion tick without the trinket would have been around 165k, which is still high for 1 trinket proc combustion, but its rather in line of what is currently happening
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2013-07-07 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Brainfart :)

10+ Year Old Account
    hate arcane. So pretty happy about fire spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    While that is good that you enjoy fire, there are others who don't. A lot of others. And while you may enjoy fire being the top end performing spec, it's still un-fair that players who play the other two specs must basically either go a spec they don't want to play if they want to be fully optimal. Or suck it up and lose a crap ton of dps, and risk getting sat in raids.

I forsee a fire nerf once the damage pass comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Agreed, Arcane should also have the highest burst.
    It should, and Arcane should also beat ANY DPS (except for a godlike amount of luck for Fire) on fights that have 0 movement. It's the one thing they excel at, so why shouldn't they be number one? (again, with the ONE exception of star-aligning-luck-on-an-entire-fight for Fire)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    Don't worry. A big, nasty, nerf is on its way, and all Mages (myself included) will be crying and forced to play the two-button-stand-still spec

And here I thought Cataclysm/5.1 was over ;_;
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    it's still un-fair that players who play the other two specs must basically either go a spec they don't want to play if they want to be fully optimal.
    Do you really think there would come a point where 1 spec wouldnt be better than 2 of the other when you want to be optimal.. Even now fire aint the best mage spec for all fights. You can do fights as frost or arcane and not nerf your progress. Granted fire dps is too high cause of combustion does too much damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    It should, and Arcane should also beat ANY DPS (except for a godlike amount of luck for Fire) on fights that have 0 movement. It's the one thing they excel at, so why shouldn't they be number one? (again, with the ONE exception of star-aligning-luck-on-an-entire-fight for Fire)
    As long as the spec is designed by this, yes kinda. It has to if you want to make arcane competitive, but 1 could ask, why is the spec so badly designed? I mean you cant do your rotation even while moving at all, every other spec in the game can do some parts or all of their rotation while moving, you have to use RoP to be optimal in most cases, which means recasting RoP each time you move. I mean I could prolly live with arcane if it had no RoP, like in Cata, but atm its just too fucking retarded. And if they buff arcane to godmode on ST tunneling again, top arcanes will just dominate most fights as they will find ways to minimize the movement and cheese mechanics. And people will whine, again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Do you really think there would come a point where 1 spec wouldnt be better than 2 of the other when you want to be optimal.. Even now fire aint the best mage spec for all fights. You can do fights as frost or arcane and not nerf your progress. Granted fire dps is too high cause of combustion does too much damage.

As long as the spec is designed by this, yes kinda. It has to if you want to make arcane competitive, but 1 could ask, why is the spec so badly designed? I mean you cant do your rotation even while moving at all, every other spec in the game can do some parts or all of their rotation while moving, you have to use RoP to be optimal in most cases, which means recasting RoP each time you move. I mean I could prolly live with arcane if it had no RoP, like in Cata, but atm its just too fucking retarded. And if they buff arcane to godmode on ST tunneling again, top arcanes will just dominate most fights as they will find ways to minimize the movement and cheese mechanics. And people will whine, again.
    I wish blizzard would just fix the spec, rather than bandaiding it to do super dps with no movement, and okay dps with movement.

Why is this destructive topic even allowed as a thread?

Instead of squabbling over which mage has it better we should be talking about things that would improve the class as a whole.

Arcane has advantages: more control over your damage, superior multi-dotting on spread targets and targets over 5, superior when switching to low - mid term targets and it has scaling on par with fire and damage on par to better than fire when standing still.

If you don't see the bonuses on PTR now leaning towards Arcane and realize the devs might already be considering the aspects between our specs, and meanwhile knowing that Frost is always going to be championed by Lhivera directly and more affluently to the devs than anyone else, you wouldn't be here needlessly trying to bring Fire down because you don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizophreni View Post
    Why is this destructive topic even allowed as a thread?

Instead of squabbling over which mage has it better we should be talking about things that would improve the class as a whole.

Arcane has advantages: more control over your damage, superior multi-dotting on spread targets and targets over 5, superior when switching to low - mid term targets and it has scaling on par with fire and damage on par to better than fire when standing still.

If you don't see the bonuses on PTR now leaning towards Arcane and realize the devs might already be considering the aspects between our specs, and meanwhile knowing that Frost is always going to be championed by Lhivera directly and more affluently to the devs than anyone else, you wouldn't be here needlessly trying to bring Fire down because you don't like it.

I'm not trying to bring fire down because I don't like the spec, I'm hoping it gets brought down because it's truly overpowered for the next tier if there are no changes. And that has been my point all along. I've also made suggestions in other threads on what mages need to be improved on. All three specs have issues. Fire noteably has the most overpowered issue which is scaling.

I think mages have the only players in the game that actually want nerfs for their own class. It's insane. Fire nerfs are definitely coming (and necessary), but to actually wish the nerfs upon your own class? That's unheard of.

<Stage Clear> 14/14H Always Recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Norech View Post
    I think mages have the only players in the game that actually want nerfs for their own class. It's insane. Fire nerfs are definitely coming (and necessary), but to actually wish the nerfs upon your own class? That's unheard of.
    It's not that we wnt nerfs or are asking for them, it's that we understand that things are unbalanced how they stand and are wanting a way to be brought back in line that doesn't ruin the flow or feel of the spec

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised it's unheard. I mean I don't think we're the only class that doesn't want one spec to be 50k - 100k dps over the others, if not more. I mean...I don't want to play an extremely overpowered spec either, because eventually it'd get nerfed. I don't see how it's unheard of. I want the OVER the top, way ahead of any other spec ingame brought down to the other specs of that class. I would want that for ANY class if it happened. It just happens to be the class I play.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I rather have a correctly and consistent balanced Fire spec, not the trash bin it is now... It is my favorite spec, but it needs a complete overhaul since it is really redundant the way it plays right now and susceptible to nerfs every patch. Why bother gear up ?

They have just started their number passes and some mechanic changes are still being iterated on for other classes. They can't complete all their work in a week.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    They have just started their number passes and some mechanic changes are still being iterated on for other classes. They can't complete all their work in a week.
    I don't mind waiting, just some re-assurance that it's going to happen for mages. But I suspect it will since none of our abilities damages have been changed yet, for any spec.

Thing is, if we don't get balanced now, and go to live at this state, they will hotfix something, and nobody knows how that will end, at least now we have time to gather better gear for other specs or start to regear our warlocks to be competitive in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by MihaiKrieger View Post
    I rather have a correctly and consistent balanced Fire spec, not the trash bin it is now... It is my favorite spec, but it needs a complete overhaul since it is really redundant the way it plays right now and susceptible to nerfs every patch. Why bother gear up ?
    ^ This

I mean, I understand it needs a nerf when you look at the top geared mages with full heroic BiS.
    When my LFR trinkets proc at the pull, I think my crit rating catches up to those highly geared mages, and it seriously feels good!
    I can't imagine having that base crit rating and getting trinket procs on top of that...

But what about low geared mages? Its like fire is a spec that casuals aren't permitted to play,
    because I'm sure you know what happens when you try to play fire with low crit.

I finally reached around 14k crit rating and started to enjoy fire a bit (sometimes it sucks still),
    but every time CM is nerfed, I'm back to the old frustrating spec.
    The casuals always gets smacked in the face hard.

So like MihaiKrieger said, I really hope they redesign this spec.
    Maybe next expansion =/