Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'd like to see more 40v40 style things in WoW. Vanilla was truly epic with 40man raids and those uber long pvp battles. urgh. go to bed, log in 4 days later, same AV game. gg
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    PvP action was too short. when i started playing, i tried a few BGs, but kept dying + BG were over in like minutes. I do like lengthy battles, only a handful time there was such a case and only those time i enjoyed it much. so yes, if this new type implemented, i will give PvP another try ^_^

Absolutely. It's not fun if as you just start getting into it the games end.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd be down. I used to LOVE AV back in the day. Would be really cool if we got back to feeling like a true battle was actually going on.

Deleted
    I don't do PvP but I love variety. I hope for those that would like this to have it. there are enough BGs now to allow some of them to be re-done in a different way without totally disrupting what there's now

10+ Year Old Account
    I love 40vs40 where actual big scale pvp is going on. Oddly, I love it when "turtles" happen in alterac valley and I can dps or heal a lot of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    AV needs to be left alone. the only change it honestly needs is horde towers are too easy to burn. so change them into bunkers like alliance have so they can be recapped easily.

can't tell you how many times i've ran into an alliance bunker, invis'd, mirror image, recap base from behind a pillar. throw in ring of frost on top of that and it's gg doesn't even matter how many horde are trying to guard it.

Mixed feelings.

AV was very much based on the efforts of a few. You could win as long as enough of the main group dedicates themselves to pushing towards the end boss and accomplishing the goals required for it. You could lose because 10 people decided to derp around on the roads. I feel like if they were going to go back to large scale 'War Campaigns', they need to update their system to allow someone to take charge and be the commander, and give tools to help players direct others. Without this, it's going to be a mess of people joining expecting to ride off the coattails of others towards victory. This is what you get when you dedicate a Battleground to what would otherwise be a 'casual' open PVP experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    AV needs to be left alone. the only change it honestly needs is horde towers are too easy to burn. so change them into bunkers like alliance have so they can be recapped easily.

can't tell you how many times i've ran into an alliance bunker, invis'd, mirror image, recap base from behind a pillar. throw in ring of frost on top of that and it's gg doesn't even matter how many horde are trying to guard it.
    In a similar vein, I can't tell you how many times I've sat at the top of a Horde tower before the Alliance arrive and typhoon or thunderstorm them off - practically controlling the tower myself. Both of them have advantages and to say the "only change" it needs is a tower/bunker design is madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    Mixed feelings.

AV was very much based on the efforts of a few. You could win as long as enough of the main group dedicates themselves to pushing towards the end boss and accomplishing the goals required for it. You could lose because 10 people decided to derp around on the roads. I feel like if they were going to go back to large scale 'War Campaigns', they need to update their system to allow someone to take charge and be the commander, and give tools to help players direct others. Without this, it's going to be a mess of people joining expecting to ride off the coattails of others towards victory. This is what you get when you dedicate a Battleground to what would otherwise be a 'casual' open PVP experience.
    I somewhat agree but also disagree with this. One thing I loved about AV back then was that regardless of your gear level you could contribute. The community is probably different now (partially down to Blizzard and their streamlining of the entire game), where before you'd have players in bad gear contributing by collecting loot and turning them in, these days people in bad gear run into enemy lines and die just to jeopardise your reinforcement count.

10+ Year Old Account
    Onyxia's layer, as Blackwing Descent was merely a setback!
    I have a feeling if they removed current AV a good chunk of the WoW forums will scream and cry across the planets as their previous farm/zerg/AFV, (away from valley) is taken away from them and blizzard would cave in. (If there's a turtle, people cry in bg chat and /ragequit since it took longer thn 5 mins. of /derp)

But this, this and more of this. WG and TB are empty, and a waste of space. Vehicles can be 1 shot and cannons are a joke. They can always make those continuously contested and the raids available for everyone, then implement this so I may bring the Horde to honor their, "Lok'tar Ogar".
    Hi, I'm scissors! Nerf rock, paper's fine. <---Class balance in a nutshell on the WoW forums.

Altrac Valley, Isle of Conquest and (Wintergrasp when it was more popular back in wotlk) is my favorite BG's in WoW, blizzard make War Campagins happen!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oo View Post
    In a similar vein, I can't tell you how many times I've sat at the top of a Horde tower before the Alliance arrive and typhoon or thunderstorm them off - practically controlling the tower myself. Both of them have advantages and to say the "only change" it needs is a tower/bunker design is madness.
    yeah it's nice to be able to stop tower caps for an extra 45 seconds or so. but the difference between resetting a tower after it's been capped and stopping it from being capped is huge. say it's been capped for a nearly 2 minutes, then gets recapped and has to sit another 3 minutes before it can get burned. that's game changing. especially when you consider a horde tower once it's capped and has defenders isn't going to get reset by anything less than an army of horde wiping them out.

so what i'm saying is alliance don't need very many recappers to win a game. it's just too easy to burn horde towers compared to alliance bunkers. if that was fixed we'd suddenly see horde winning AV a lot more often.