View Poll Results: What will the new level 75 talent be?

Voters
140. This poll is closed
  • An old Restoration Talent from the previous Expansion

28 20.00%
  • An entirely new ability.

74 52.86%
  • A combination of new and old.

38 27.14%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelangelo View Post
    The talent could simply super-charge HST, in the same vein Primal Elementalist gives you more powerful elementals.

For example, the talent could be that HST gets the T15 Resto set-bonus caked in.
    Howabout this;

Spirit Walker Totem:

Your HST becomes a Spirit Walker, moving around and casting Healing Wave and Healing Surge on injured allies for 15 seconds before disappearing. 45 second CD, 2 charges.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-07-04 at 06:58 PM.

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Swirling Wind Totem 1 min cd
    increases party/raid member's haste and dodge by 3% (in addition to other haste/dodge buffs) lasts 1 minute
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post

And of course a lot of people want Spirit Link Totem to become the next talent.
    Yeah make Healing Tide a talent and spirit link a talent. Great win.

Suggestions really need to steer clear of adding DPS buffs to ele and enh here, it's a healing tier and as such should be entirely tied to healing.

It's a new totem. How can you even think anything else??
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

IMO.
    Currently that tier is:
    ???
    Burst Healing, location independent
    Sustained Healing, narrow location

Therefore, ??? cannot be:
    Burst Healing on a long CD (that requires hard casting)
    Sustained Location Dependent
    DPS increase in anyway (except for resto)

What ??? could be is:
    A passive that buffs HST duration (don't expect 0 CD, that's pvp territory)
    "mirrors" single target heals onto additional target(s) (like a constant weaker AG that works with 5.3 conductivity spells AND chain heal)
    a new spell that allows for more frequent burst healing healing (eg: halo)
    a trade off where resto gets damage and dps get healing,
    a damage reduction raidwall aka SLT
    something unique for each spec (attonement for resto, free equiv to 5xMW heal every X seconds... or simply make healing storm a this talent which would anger Enh shamans, "selfless healer" based on shocks for ele)
    a personal healing / DR ability

Lots of options really. I'm hoping for "Halo" (renamed Ripple!), but I'm expecting SLT.

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Suggestions really need to steer clear of adding DPS buffs to ele and enh here, it's a healing tier and as such should be entirely tied to healing.
    Why's that? Resto can make use healing wise of both "dps talent tiers", cant it?

Rather, why cant they decide abilities that work for every specs purpose, in each and every tier? Why do shamans require an entire tier only for healing, when only one spec fulfills that role? Shouldn't they make an entire melee tier then too? I for once would welcome abilities useable for both damage or healing, depending on target(dont paladins make use of that plenty?).
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omanley View Post
    Why's that? Resto can make use healing wise of both "dps talent tiers", cant it?

Rather, why cant they decide abilities that work for every specs purpose, in each and every tier? Why do shamans require an entire tier only for healing, when only one spec fulfills that role? Shouldn't they make an entire melee tier then too? I for once would welcome abilities useable for both damage or healing, depending on target.
    I'm pretty sure tier 75 is the Shaman version of Paladin tier 45, Druid tier 30, and Monk tier 30.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pitkanen View Post
    Lots of options really. I'm hoping for "Halo" (renamed Ripple!), but I'm expecting SLT.
    SLT would be a huge disappointment. I'm not seeing how Enhance or Elemental could use that ability. Most of them will just stick to AG.

Rather, why cant they decide abilities that work for every specs purpose, in each and every tier? Why do shamans require an entire tier only for healing, when only one spec fulfills that role? Shouldn't they make an entire melee tier then too? I for once would welcome abilities useable for both damage or healing, depending on target(dont paladins make use of that plenty?).
    in the end we are a heal-dd-hybrid and if you take a look at each other healhybrid you will see that all have a tier of talents to boost/bring extra healing while in dd spec.
    however you are right druid talents for example distinguish based on the spec a lot

completely agree, and i dont know why level15 talents are only for tanks! just fries my eggs
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Because if the new talent does have damage related buffs, there is going to be nearly zero choice for Enh and Ele, they WILL go for the new one because it is a damage buff. We have 2 good damage buff tiers like all classes, you add in a third you cause issues.
    The healing tree is there to buff healing, and you have to accept that not every single talent will buff damage, because that was the whole point of the talent redesign.

Deleted
    something like Waterfury, same spell effect as windfury, only blue-ish and is rather a whirlpool surrounding the shaman, healing him and nearby players. Melee hits taken increases the amount of heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    completely agree, and i dont know why level15 talents are only for tanks! just fries my eggs
    Well, those are survivability talents aimed at keeping the caster alive, which is useful for all roles both in pve and pvp. The same could be said about healing, though that is just a little extra for enh/ele in pve (at the cost of dps) and shouldn't be needed as a talent, where AG baseline for example could provide us, together with hst and msw and the like with the pvp selfhealing we need.

The changes to the healing tier now show that. For enh/ele, there were no issues with the tier, but resto felt dependant on a talent that should be only a bonus. But that's what happens with talents that play for your strenght: people min/max (though blizz doesn't do to bad balancing the ultimates for dps specs)
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

I'd personally like to see a weapon imbue talent.

Maybe a passive talent that heals you while your weapon imbue is active. It kind of would have to be because of Unleashed Elements/Fury.

Or it could give you various healing abilities depending on your weapon imbue.

How about this:
    Tears of the Sky - passive: You have a % chance on cast with a direct heal, Storm Strike, and Lava Burst to summon a pool of water underneath an injured ally and raindrop will head towards them healing them slowly but then when it reaches them it does a burst aoe heal.
    Sorta copying the paladin t90 talent but sounds interesting.

I don't think we're going to see any wild new mechanics here, for something at this point in the PTR, I think we're far more likely to see a new iteration of an old mechanic. I like the Telluric Currents acting like atonement, but it would have to be reduced for Ele to balance it.

As I mentioned in another thread, the 2 talents on that tier already are "burst healing cooldown" and "makes a current ability more effective", so going by what Blizz usually do, I'm thinking it'll be something totally passive, or at least something that does extra smart-healing based off rotational abilities for each spec.

Deleted
    So far on PTR, we now have 1 one sustained healing talent and a burst healing talent. With HTT, i don't see it being another burst healing cd, much more likely something sustained, perhaps for spreaded aoe healing.

Never ever will it be a talent that buffs our dps in any way.

When i'm testing conductivity on ptr ... healing rain dissapairs after it's been used (10sec), and continues healing (invisible) on the same location for the 'extra' time it gained. But you can't keep adding 'extra' up-time as far i can see... You'll need to recast it. Not sure it's an-easy-to-use mechanism for elem/enh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogas View Post
    When i'm testing conductivity on ptr ... healing rain dissapairs after it's been used (10sec), and continues healing (invisible) on the same location for the 'extra' time it gained. But you can't keep adding 'extra' up-time as far i can see... You'll need to recast it. Not sure it's an-easy-to-use mechanism for elem/enh.
    Conductivity is terrible. Hopefully we're looking at two new talents instead of just one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hope its something like the new druid talent Yersa' Gift or sumthin like that, i believe its passive
    Last edited by Kasatushi; 2013-07-05 at 12:10 AM.