Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Biggest Improvement since Launch

What do you think was the single biggest improvement to the game since it's launch?
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

Monster Power for sure.

Also the crafting gives those taking on the self found challenge more of a fighting chance

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Klein View Post
    Monster Power for sure.

Yep. Because MP has an effect throughout the whole game, as early as lvl 1.

Monster power and density. But until the items improve, there's no real point farming =/
    Quote Originally Posted by Zillionhz View Post
    By fiber be purged

Proboaly monster power. Nothing else changed much since launch. Few fixes here and there, but overall still nothing has changed.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

The option to turn off follower chat bubbles?

Not needing 1000 All Resist, 10k+ Armor, 50k life and full tank build to not instantly fall over like a sheet of bog roll as soon as a mob even looked at you on multiplayer Inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Not needing 1000 All Resist, 10k+ Armor, 50k life and full tank build to not instantly fall over like a sheet of bog roll as soon as a mob even looked at you on multiplayer Inferno.
    You never needet that, it was more because we didn't have any damage at all. INFACT, the best tactics to clear inferno early on was useally brute forced tactics, atleast that was the case as Wizard. I know my DH mate who we're as equal good geared player as me at the time, and maybe abit better, wiped like 200 wipes on Belial (Think it was about 10 days after release at this point?), while I just had to get a good try where I dodged all the floor parts inn phase3, and it was down, just cause I had a spec that made alot off damage inn phase2 (Archon CD).

Using Archon with "speciel" 40k DPS for end boss off act2 is a good example off this. Once you had 25-30k DPS you had plenty off damage to clear the hole game. He'll the first examples off Archon Wizards (people who were stupid enough to proboaly spend alot off money early on for gear that is garbage now) showed that damage is all you need to survive and grind fast.

And to this day that is still true, even om MP10, where you could with few classes build a character that can survive the damage, but can't kill mobs fast or at all, cause lack off damage.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-07-04 at 05:58 PM.

Monster density and power by far for me. If I had to give it to one id say power I guess but to play the game without either one these days would be terrible and make me quit immediately.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    You never needet that, it was more because we didn't have any damage at all. INFACT, the best tactics to clear inferno early on was useally brute forced tactics, atleast that was the case as Wizard. I know my DH mate who we're as equal good geared player as me at the time, and maybe abit better, wiped like 200 wipes on Belial (Think it was about 10 days after release at this point?), while I just had to get a good try where I dodged all the floor parts inn phase3, and it was down, just cause I had a spec that made alot off damage inn phase2 (Archon CD).

Using Archon with "speciel" 40k DPS for end boss off act2 is a good example off this. Once you had 25-30k DPS you had plenty off damage to clear the hole game. He'll the first examples off Archon Wizards (people who were stupid enough to proboaly spend alot off money early on for gear that is garbage now) showed that damage is all you need to survive and grind fast.

And to this day that is still true, even om MP10, where you could with few classes build a character that can survive the damage, but can't kill mobs fast or at all, cause lack off damage.
    You played a ranged character, and your friend played a ranged character. I played barbarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    You played a ranged character, and your friend played a ranged character. I played barbarian.
    What does that matter? If you had 100k DPS on launch and barely any defense, you would still do better? Now days you could build a budget babarian that can survive MP10 for just 10 million gold. Life leech and high damage ftw.

A barb with zero defense wouldn't have got a hit in before he died in the first 4-5 weeks of the game being released. MP10 does less damage now than 4 player inferno did back then.

Yep. Ranged could go class cannon and with enough DPS, drop the mobs without getting a scratch, or just kite. Much like they do now, but can tank if built for it. Melee just got absolutely destroyed in the early days... I remember kiting elites on my Monk between Senerity CD's (bubble) then attacking for 4 seconds before having to kite again.

So in that regards, the re-tuning was the biggest improvement imo. Although Paragaon and MP keep things interesting.

Sigh, do you guys even know how life steal/life on hit works? >.<

You can literally spend a few million gold and never die as a babarian, monk whatever now cause off the high damage and life steal we got. If we had that back then we would have facerolled game fast, and here is an example off one of the first Archon Wizards to prove my point that damage>all, also back then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA1rk5aLNd4 Okay his gear is very defensive compared to what you need now days on MP1, but Im 100% sure that is overkill defense even back then (Notice the video/upload is over 1 year old, not 6 months or 9...).

Edit: Also another upload here off an early CM/WW hybrid/Archon spec by a streamer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W74fvP2H4zw

Edit 2 again! I would also like to add from my own exsperience that once I upgraded damage just a little bit back then, it could really be feelt. A hole now world having below 40k, and then almost 50k DPS early on, when I was trying to farm act3.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-07-05 at 11:41 AM.

for a Wizard, or a demon hunter, yes, damage > all.

I played with demon hunters that had 60+k damage and under 10k health. But it was a totally different story for melee. It wouldn't matter if you had 100k damage, for life-steal to work you need to live long enough to deal damage in the first place.

This is my barbarian now: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/F...79/hero/321688

If I had turned up to an Act 3 Inferno farm run 4 weeks after the game released in that gear, I'd be lucky to get more than the initial charge damage done. Mobs would hit me (not even crit) for 40+k in my 1000 AR/10k armor/tank talents+skills setup. If mobs came out of stun-lock and hit you, you were as good as dead, and after 5 deaths you had a 2 minute wait to respawn. I would spend 100k on repairs during an act 3 run, only dying because I got unlucky and was feared into a green puddle on top on a red puddle with 5 arcane beams rotating around me (and just touching one of them took half my life off). People worked out how to get a RANGED barbarian to work because of the splash damage that was totally unavoidable. Shielding mobs make the entire pack immune for ten seconds. Try surviving with life-steal when you can't do any damage to any of them.

Act 1 inferno with a 2h dps build was doable. Act 2 inferno in the same gear got you one-shotted by the adds summoned by the desert flies before you even reached the end of the first canyon.

And back then champion packs had berserk timers.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2013-07-05 at 12:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Yep. Because MP has an effect throughout the whole game, as early as lvl 1.
    It does if you turn it on.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    MP + Paragon in terms of longevity to the game, but it still needs a lot of support to flesh that feature out. It was great to have it available, so that it extended the ceiling of the end game, but there needs to be better motivation to continue that. I think they should have made many more MP and paragon levels, effectively making the game neverending and then obviously the loot fiasco needs to be fixed.

But yeah, MP + Paragon.
    BAD WOLF

I wouldn't say monster power, rather the legendary drop rate. Mind you, the item drops are still 99% of the time, utter useless crap so overall, no major improvement. Yet.

edit: I'll just wait for the expansion and see if they can turn things around. If not, well... there's always Diablo IV in 2025.

more AH filters ^^