Poll: Would u quit wow if Ingame shop for real money is added

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeba View Post
    I don't see what the big deal is. So long as it doesn't become gear it's fine. Transmog items, pets, mounts, hell even character customizations options would be fine with me. Things like this elixir are fine so long as they have no affect on end game content. Not to mention you can already do this with RAF and it's more than a 100% increase AND allows two characters to summons each other.

SW:TOR does this already and it has worked out extremely well for them.
    To me the raf thing isn't really the same thing. I can see what you mean though. And isn't swtor free to play now? Even if it isn't those things I wouldn't care about. They're only cosmetic so it's not like it's a big deal but the faster leveling does kind of creep near the boundary of buying character power. Especially when we already pay a sub fee to play I would expect anything that could give us an advantage to be achievable in game.

And the poll is kind of bad...I didn't choose any of the options.
    Last edited by mmines; 2013-07-04 at 02:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    I will quit this game if the cash shop goes live and gives unfair advantages in both pve and pvp. All those drones on the forums defending the shop make me sick.
    Do you even understand what this "shop" is?
    to make purchases directly within the game.
    Nothing to do with the cash shop we have with mounts/pets. So please take your ignorance else where.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...e-100-xp-buff/
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    Not biased poll options AT ALL.....
    /facepalm
    Yeah...

And it is my money, I'll do with it as I please as long as the store doesn't become "buy-to-win" like other games.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I remember a thread a few days about the Asian WoW promoting using Net Cafes with something that sounds exactly like that. I personally do not want to see it hit US or EU Servers, I'm still not happy about Pets/Mounts being forced to be purchased instead of being available in game. I think that, with a subscription, every bit of content made for WoW should be available to obtain in game (unless special events, i.e. Blizzcon).
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

10+ Year Old Account
    Important lesson: Don't create polls angry.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Worst freakin poll US/EU/KR

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    i think you missed the part where they said it would be ingame currency. just saying
    I also missed it. Source?

I always remember that Blizzard talked about how they will never add any real advantages by using the store.
    That 100% boost is NOT the beginning of the end of the world, it will NOT spiral into tier gear and stuff, at most, yes they will probably have transmog items. Just remember that leveling quickly isn't exactly a big deal in any way (and they'll probably disable it for 90-9? content when next expansion comes out).

Blizzard knows that unfair advantages in a game like WoW would destroy all competition. The only reason they did that to Diablo 3 is because it doesn't matter if you spend some money, there's no real competition (besides light pvp). Anybody worrying is just

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    I remember a thread a few days about the Asian WoW promoting using Net Cafes with something that sounds exactly like that. I personally do not want to see it hit US or EU Servers, I'm still not happy about Pets/Mounts being forced to be purchased instead of being available in game. I think that, with a subscription, every bit of content made for WoW should be available to obtain in game (unless special events, i.e. Blizzcon).
    i agreed with special mount/pet thing.. unless its a only 1 time event like blizzcon* or a charity event (red cross ect) on sub game everything should eb available in game.

Doesn't bother me to be honest, so long as I can still obtain stuff in game thats of equal power (if we are speaking gear wise) then it's all good. Mounts and pets and xp boosts totally fine with me too. So I wouldn't quit no.

Also, what the heck is with those poll options...

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Do you even understand what this "shop" is?

Nothing to do with the cash shop we have with mounts/pets. So please take your ignorance else where.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...e-100-xp-buff/
    I don't know. They didn't really make it clear whether it was cash shop or not. Why wouldn't they just say auction house or the black market. Unless they're planning on making some sort of store you can buy stuff in with a new in game currency earned in whatever way they think is good that kind of leaves the cash shop as the last option.

I just noticed this item requires lv 85.
    Last edited by mmines; 2013-07-04 at 02:43 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    As SOON as Blizzard makes it so that we maybe can buy EXPERIENCE boosts that it will become pay to win
    Keep ur QQ to urself

If i can pay 5 Euro for 100% exp buff id buy that for my alts, so sick of 85-90 >.<
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrug* The integrity of the game is generally considered compromised when the possibility exists for richer players to equal or overtake more skilled players in terms of power. I don't think very many, if any, players consider leveling speed to equal meaningful "power" (the kind acquired by skill).

I don't think Blizzard will cross that line, of allowing money to substitute for skill. Money for cosmetic items or ease of play? They'll probably experiment with that. More revenue streams for them, more options for players.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    As SOON as Blizzard makes it so that we maybe can buy EXPERIENCE boosts that it will become pay to win
    Keep ur QQ to urself

If i can pay 5 Euro for 100% exp buff id buy that for my alts, so sick of 85-90 >.<
    You are exactly who this is targeting. OP should've added I enjoy leveling 85-90 like it is to the poll.

If they add anything that gives advantages in pvp or raiding, then yes, I'd probably be done with the game. Other than that, I don't really mind too much if they add XP boosts, and frivolous items like that.

Quote Originally Posted by jetersky View Post
    If they add anything that gives advantages in pvp or raiding, then yes, I'd probably be done with the game. Other than that, I don't really mind too much if they add XP boosts, and frivolous items like that.
    I agree. you can buy whatever you want that involves xp, mounts, etc. the 2nd it gives advantages to raiding then hell no

Quote Originally Posted by Karnige View Post
    I agree. you can buy whatever you want that involves xp, mounts, etc. the 2nd it gives advantages to raiding then hell no
    Apparently being able to faction change hasn't stopped you from playing since it does give advantages to raiding. Sure you'll get over it just as quickly if they add another pay 2 win feature to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNSilence View Post
    I will quit this game if the cash shop goes live and gives unfair advantages in both pve and pvp. All those drones on the forums defending the shop make me sick.
    All the biased players who jump on the latest bandwagon make me sick.
    There have been suggestions, and pretty good ones at that suggesting our regions might not be the target for that.
    Internet Café's which work on a pay per hour method sound like a very feasible target for that.

Also how is extra experience an unfair PvE or PvP advantage ?
    Answer, it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Keep ur QQ to urself

I think I would be ok with just a one time small purchase that mails a flask of xp every time you make a new toon like how mounts and pets use to be. It does annoy me a little since we are paying a sub fee on top of that already. I don't know why they just wouldn't have a valued customer type of thing where we get little things like this the longer we're subbed like planetside 2 has already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmines View Post
    I think I would be ok with just a one time small purchase that mails a flask of xp every time you make a new toon like how mounts and pets use to be. It does annoy me a little since we are paying a sub fee on top of that already. I don't know why they just wouldn't have a valued customer type of thing where we get little things like this the longer we're subbed like planetside 2 has already.
    I would quite like a "long-timer subscriber perks" package, but it bears noting that extra fees on top of the subscription fee is nothing new. Server transfers, name changes, character re-customizations, faction changes have all cost separate fees. There's nothing unethical (not that you said it was unethical, but the term has been used by others) about subscription for access to the content and other services that aren't covered by the subscription. None of those other services are necessary to enjoy the content, which is the key, IMO.