Poll: Would u quit wow if Ingame shop for real money is added

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Because people seem to have an overwhelming understand of business, guess which of the following two options is better for blizzard:

A) Microtransactions introduced, game goes free to play 6 months later.

or

B) game goes free to play, microtransactions introduced at the same time.

Both of these could be wrong of course, and this is purely aimed at asian market.
    And how small does a payment have to be to make it a "micro-transaction".
    We have had pets and mounts for a considerable amount of time.
    Various "account services" also.

Nice poll, not biased at all. Good job adding 4 options that are all extremely against the idea and not a single one that says "No, I don't care if they do this."

I don't care if they sell exp buffs and stuff on the Blizzard Store, if anything they are saving us money because people such as myself generally have to buy the game with every expansion just to RAF with myself to level a char.

Microtransactions have been in this game for what, 6 years now? Get over it and quit if you don't like it. This isn't anything new, they are a business, they are here to make MONEY.
    Last edited by Novx; 2013-07-05 at 03:55 PM.

What about No, I don't care and I won't buy anything

I stick to the mounts: Totally fine, XP and Honour boost... well Honour boost is pushing it but... meh fine then... Transmog items, sure why not. But once it becomes buffs, actual armour and weapons... then hell no, that would just destroy the game.

Heck even the server transfers and other account services have been in game for a long time, they are absolutely fine. As are other cosmetic items, but once it starts to be come an essential "Pay to win" scheme sorry, I think I would give up on the game.
    Camilla: You, sir, should unmask.
    Stranger: Indeed?
    Cassilda: Indeed, it's time. We have all laid aside disguise but you.
    Stranger: I wear no mask.
    Camilla: (Terrified, aside to Cassilda.) No mask? No mask!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    I don't really care as long as it doesn't offer actual power in game.

XP boosts? Fine. Honor boost, eh stretching it.. but fine.

Transmog, pets, and mounts? Fine.

Actual gear and such? Not cool.

As said I really don't care what they do as long as you don't get an advantage or something that effects other players.
    I pretty much fell the same.

I think Rift do something interesting which is they do catch up gear from cash shop (so this would be like buying 496 gear just now) I think that is stretching it quite a bit as well.

None of it effects me in the slightest though as long as they keep pumping out large raid tiers I am a happy bunny

OT: This is the most biased poll I have ever read on all my time on MMO-C and that is saying something!

If you can buy raid gear and things like that, then yes.

If it is Vanity stuff and potions that give more XP then meh, id prob stick around and continue raiding.

Biased poll is biased. Where's the "No, that's doesn't bother me, though I most likely wouldn't participate." option? Also, to think that they're going to go from xp boost to tier is one of the stupidest things I've heard. Pay to win is bad business. No company worth their salt does that shit.

People cry about a 100% exp potion

Yet Recruit a friend has been out and you can get a free level 80 within a few hours

Aslong as they keep special transmog gear/raiding gear or old school mounts out of buyers hands. I'm fine with this concept

If it ends up being anything like Swtor's cash store, then I'll uninstall WoW and never look back. I say this as someone who has been playing since the beginning and then some.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the worst and most biased poll I've ever seen. I wanted to vote No, but clearly it was established that not minding more items in the cash shop means you want everything for free. I am more strongly opposed to a cash shop here as we already pay our subscription, but I can see a way for Blizzard to get around the negative stigma.

As long as it doesn't become a RMAH in WoW, doesn't affect character progression at the end game, then whatever. They can roll in their money pit with the people who want supreme convenience.

FFS, pervasive ignorance abounds.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    That is the worst poll I think I have seen in a while "No, I am gonna keep doing me" is what I would select.

And by worst I mean Biased

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    shittest poll I've ever seen.
    Agreed, a very biased poll indeed.

op likely sort of person who falls easily for political propaganda.
    This assumes there was no malice intended. If there was, it is likely the type who designs political propaganda.

I'd draw the line at gear or exclusive items. I don't really have a problem with an occasional mount or pet, but if they started adding multiple transmog sets or something similar to that I'd start to get annoyed. Gear at all, even ilvl 476 or low level gear, would make me quit. I could live with some exclusive items, but gear is a definite no.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as it's not current tier gear / conquest gear / power ups then Idc. I'm pretty sure this experience buff is for China though, WoW works very differently over there.

If you can't make an unbiased poll then don't even bother trying. You won't get any serious data, you are just publicly announcing that you are pooping in the pool. Its about as intelligent as asking a room full of children if they want this yummy cake or this nastey awful ugly oreo and then being happy that the children chose what you wanted them too.

Blizz has not confirmed what would be in the shop and they didn't even say if we would be getting that stuff or just China. This is a lot of childish screaming over nothing. People ran around with their heads cut off screaming about Diablo III real money Auction house being enforced in wow too.

where is the option "No, because it wouldn't really effect me" ? that is my choice.

As long as it's not pay to win, I can deal with it. I don't like it, but it's tolerable. The second powerful gear goes on sale I'll be gone.

So long as it's only cosmetic stuff like the pets and mounts, I'll still play. While it bugs me that there are mounts and pets you can ONLY get through paying cash with no in game way of obtaining them, it's not a big enough deal for me.

If they turn this into a 'pay to win' game like D3 where you can by usable equipment then I likely would quit.

Transmog gear would piss me off but not sure if I'd quit over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they don't add gear to the shop I couldn't care less about what they do to be honest.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post
    with data mine of the new buff coming to ingame store 5.4 ( hey made not make it @ all who knows).
    would u think they add option to buy ingame item with real cash like diablo 3.
    now its a 100%exp buff( pointless to use boa gear). tomorrow may be tier items.
    Mats for profession, stuff u normally see on a paid to win game or free to pay game with item u could buy in right away or work to get it like gw2.

all i know if this is the direction wow is going im soo not coming back after my break.
    Where is the "No, I don't care if others spend money or not" option?