Poll: Would u quit wow if Ingame shop for real money is added

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    I'd quit if it came down to adding in non-transmog gear just for the fact I don't enjoy the Pay to win mentality.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

As long as it aint pay to win items i really dont care :P alot of people RAF themselfs already for XP boosts so selling it on its own seems fine. Maybe if blizz wants to go pure ingame shop on us then maybe lowering the sub cost could be nice. Or atleast the faction / race changes to like £7 all the time lol

Deleted
    Nah, why care about those items? It depends really. If it's an awesome item, i would look with 2 disappointed eyes at blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by yunito View Post
    with data mine of the new buff coming to ingame store 5.4 ( hey made not make it @ all who knows).
    would u think they add option to buy ingame item with real cash like diablo 3.
    now its a 100%exp buff( pointless to use boa gear). tomorrow may be tier items.
    Mats for profession, stuff u normally see on a paid to win game or free to pay game with item u could buy in right away or work to get it like gw2.

all i know if this is the direction wow is going im soo not coming back after my break.

If you think it's "XP buff today, tier items tomorrow" you're really grasping at straws just for the sake of finding something to be angry at Blizzard about.

Plus, why would it be pointless to use BoA items? It's not as if they wouldn't stack with each other. The only thing pointless is this thread.

Deleted
    You can buy heirlooms in-game, or you can buy an experience boost for real money - or both - let someone do whatever they want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    And added to the fact that people still complain about levelling alts even though XP in pandaria has been lowered by 33% needed.
    That's because there's no effective floor to how easy / fast / convienent people want the content made.

It won't be long at all until folks are signing petitions for live servers to be just like PTR (ie, availability of premade toons).

As far as the cash shop, one could argue that they already (indirectly) crossed the P2W line with the cub pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bottom line is this: its their game. If they want to sell exp boosts through an ingame store, its their right and they don't need to clear it with any of you. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

Or better yet, unsub and spare the sensible people (who realize how insignificant this actually is) all of your whining and crying.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    wait... what? isn't 100% exp potion requires level 85 to use it?i thought it was only for 85-90? http://ptr.wowdb.com/items/103557-en...ixir-of-wisdom It sounds like shit to me, i was kinda hoping for 1-90. so meh
    There is gear for 1-85. This is for after that. This is as much a boost as all of that BoA leveling gear, they just didn't have time too design all new gear for level 85-90, so this got a quick fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Brash View Post
    It seems to me that if the 100% experience buff is sold for real money it might be directed at regions that pay per hour to play and not for the subscription based demographic, since "that's where most of the sub losses came from".
    Spot on. 10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Already quit WoW myself a while back. Blizzard has been going downhill ever since.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

Btw We saw a tri-spec spell added to the 5.3 PTR and we don't have tri-specs in the game so this is most likely nothing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Didn't vote because the poll options are stupid. I wouldn't quit because I don't care if other people want to buy stuff, I don't PvP and I don't care what gear other people have in single or group PvE content.
    Then pick "No I wouldn't quit". Why do the options need to have a "because I don't care" answer? If you don't care, then it seems you wouldn't quit. Thus, pick no. Oh geez, someone might think you'll buy stuff if you pick no! *facepalm* Not the case? Well then not a big deal, is it?

But for the sake of putting some balance, OP, you could add a "No, however I will not be purchasing these items" option. At least consider it.

As for me, probably not going to purchase said items.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    First off, I don;t think a fair wack of people actually read the OP, at least not correctly...
    Secondly, I don't see bias in that poll, I see one missing option, but not bias. Here's an idea, before you scream bias, how about you look it up first so you know wtf it is.
    Thirdly, why are you guys arguing about the xp buff item? It wasn't the topic, which ties into my first point.
    Nice kneejerk mmo'ers, nice kneejerk. Very true to your usual behaviour.

OT:Yah if it goes to micro transactions and GEAR sales, I'm out, especially if it's still a sub game.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    OT:Yah if it goes to micro transactions and GEAR sales, I'm out, especially if it's still a sub game.
    Same here, I won't keep subbing to a game with micro transactions that include gear, pets I didn't care about.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    That's because there's no effective floor to how easy / fast / convienent people want the content made.

It won't be long at all until folks are signing petitions for live servers to be just like PTR (ie, availability of premade toons).

As far as the cash shop, one could argue that they already (indirectly) crossed the P2W line with the cub pet.
    And there shouldn't be a "floor" for convenience of levelling, people should work a bit for what they want as well. (And god forbid if premade characters were every allowed past PTR borders).

And the cub really isn't/wasn't P2W at all, it was so cheap that all could buy it, it could be sold on the AH in benefits of the people who don't have a creditcard. Okay, I admit that Blizzard forgot to put a lock on how many you were allowed to buy. But again, the servers where this pet went above 8k gold were just dumb.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I already quit because the game is so old and they think it's still worth $15 a month. If they make it free to play with buying virtual items in their store, I'll come back. So there you go, one of you quits, someone else comes back. Balances out nicely.

Honestly... who cares? -_-

Yes it would be dumb of blizzard to put vanity items in the blizstore when they could just make it a rep or questline reward (honestly it seems like they have a hard enough time coming up with good vanity rewards like that let alone make something worth slapping a dollar sign on. Example; The Kirin'tor Offensive rep & questline reward is a friggin banner? Really...? /disappointed).

It would be stupid of them to "sell" exclusive transmog sets when blizzard already has to deal with all the QQ over how each new tier/pvp set looks.

Could they do it anyway? Sure. Would they get a lot of player backlash? Probably. Would people buy it anyway? Probably. Would it be worth quitting the game over? Hell no.

The only way I could see Blizzard adding ingame store vanity items & xmog sets for cash is if WoW was Free to Play.
    "If the people who are trying to destroy this world aren't taking a day off, then why should I?"

-Bob Marley

10+ Year Old Account
    Would I quit if Blizzard introduced more content/features/functionality and more methods of delivering it?

Stupid question. No. But then, I'm one of those heathens with real-life money who buys all the mounts from the Blizzard Store. I can understand how some loser with no job and no disposable income could be bitter about the cosmetic items I can get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss