Rune of Re-Origination

Hey guys. I play a feral druid, and recently got the Rune of Re-Origination from raid finder. The trinket confuses me a lot, so I was hoping someone would clarify how it works. What I'm mainly asking, is if I need to recast my bleeds when the trinket procs. If not, then great. But if so, I think that's something that needs to change. It's very difficult for a feral druid to get back 5 combo points for a Rip, especially if you have none, in the short amount of time you have before the trinket proc ends. If someone would please let me know if I do need to recast my bleeds or not, I would be very thankful. Thanks!

Ask in the druid forums, you'll get better advice there.

Deleted
    I am pretty sure you have to re-apply your bleeds when it procs. But really, 10 seconds for 5 combo points isn't that hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Haeroon View Post
    Hey guys. I play a feral druid, and recently got the Rune of Re-Origination from raid finder. The trinket confuses me a lot, so I was hoping someone would clarify how it works. What I'm mainly asking, is if I need to recast my bleeds when the trinket procs. If not, then great. But if so, I think that's something that needs to change. It's very difficult for a feral druid to get back 5 combo points for a Rip, especially if you have none, in the short amount of time you have before the trinket proc ends. If someone would please let me know if I do need to recast my bleeds or not, I would be very thankful. Thanks!
    Bleeds are like any other DoT in that they do not dynamically update; you must recast Rake and Rip while RoR is active to get the most from the proc.

I haven't played a Feral Druid since Cataclysm, but I understand the Mastery and how this trinket works. It would likely be best for you to immediately do Rake as soon as this trinket procs no matter what; the sooner, the better. Then when the trinket has 2-3 seconds left, do Rake again then Rip (or Rip then Rake again if that's how your combo points happen to line up). What you're trying to do here is have the bleeds run with the buff from the trinket for as long as possible.

Since I'm not familiar with Feral Druid theorycrafting this expansion, I can't tell you if it's optimal to also do Rip as soon as it procs or if it's only worth it just before the proc expires. This trinket also seems like it would make the Dream of Cenarius talent mandatory, but that seems like a real headache to get right with dire consequences if you screw it up. I can't tell you if it's truly a mandatory talent to utilize when this proc happens, but I can easily see that the combination of the proc and talent would make for some gigantic bleed numbers.

If you are in LFR gear Rune may not be the best choice for you. You are generating combo points slower and you have less secondary stats to send RoR into OP status. Yes you must reapply bleeds during the proc or the trinket is completely wasted.

Rune is a huge dps boost. It's very RnG though. Once on JinRok i had the last bit of Rentaki's and rune line up and my rip was hitting for over a million. It's absolutly a dps increase. Heroic raiders would take LFR rune over a heroic trinket because it's so good for feral.

But the thing is you HAVE to track if you have it, and you HAVE to be able to respond promptly to it, otherwise it's better to not use it.

Rune is *BIS* regardless of ilvl because of what the proc does.

1. Head over to the fluid druid forums and get yourself Catus.
    2. Upload character and reforge for rune 1:1:1 with mastery *slightly* ahead. (You may have to completely re-gem your gear-yellow socket wise, this is normal)

Track the proc and profit + reapply bleeds when you see it.

Edit: Getting the 5 CP is not hard at all. Unless you're spamming your abilities-in which case... slow down! We aren't a spamming spec!

As far as Talents, DoC is nice but it is *not* mandatory. You can still pull good numbers with HoTW with Rune.

However if you have Ren as a 2nd trinket-> DoC if you have Juju-> HoTW
    Last edited by FeralSynapse; 2013-07-04 at 07:20 AM.

It's not always the case that you will need to re-apply your rip during a Re-origination proc. Downloading Ovale, and Nerien's scripts will offer you great insight into when and where you should be re-applying and not re-applying rips.

As an aside, it can be remarkably difficult to get 5 combo points inside those 10 seconds if you're low on energy and do not have tigers fury available. This is because the rune proc drops your haste (energy regen) and crit (double combo point generator).

Alrighty, thank you everyone! In my opinion it's a bit annoying to have to recast bleeds, but it's something I guess I will have to do. Always embrace your challenges and take them on with determination, confidence, pride, and vigor. Again, thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Themessiah View Post
    It's not always the case that you will need to re-apply your rip during a Re-origination proc. Downloading Ovale, and Nerien's scripts will offer you great insight into when and where you should be re-applying and not re-applying rips.

As an aside, it can be remarkably difficult to get 5 combo points inside those 10 seconds if you're low on energy and do not have tigers fury available. This is because the rune proc drops your haste (energy regen) and crit (double combo point generator).
    Only scenario I can think of would be if Renataki's/Juju procced for your original Rake/Rip but not active for Rune.

The addon Themessiah suggested seems to not work as well as I had hoped. It's not telling me when to re-cast rake and rip. Anyone else have a good addon that can help me know when to re-cast rake and rip?

- - - Updated - - -

And also, I just did some testing and it seems reforging so everything is close to equal with mastery being a bit more doesn't make that big of a difference. Am I doing it wrong, or is this true?
    Last edited by Haeroon; 2013-07-04 at 10:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haeroon View Post
    The addon Themessiah suggested seems to not work as well as I had hoped. It's not telling me when to re-cast rake and rip. Anyone else have a good addon that can help me know when to re-cast rake and rip?

- - - Updated - - -

And also, I just did some testing and it seems reforging so everything is close to equal with mastery being a bit more doesn't make that big of a difference. Am I doing it wrong, or is this true?
    Seems strange that it wouldn't be a significant difference given this description of the proc effect:

- Increase your highest secondary stat by 200% of the sum of your two lowest secondary stats. For example: you have 3500 mastery, 5000 crit, 7000 haste. Rune procs, and you get [-3500 mastery, -5000 crit, +17000 haste]. Same logic as before, just double the size of the buff to your highest stat.

If that's the case, with how the description says, I'm probably still adjusting and don't notice the big difference. Oh well. Thanks!

last thing, to keep up with the "when to reapply or when not to" i use AffDots for locks. This addon tracks feral bleeds now and will tell you if current bleed is stronger or not depending on you stats(trinket procs, dance steel, tf, etc)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nerien's Ovale script is amazing, but unfortunately it's RoO Rip overwriting code isn't fully functional. They're working on it though Rake should be fine.

In the mean time, I suggest the addon DroodFocus. Open the DroodFocus options and go to Config Icons. In the corner you find a small option that says 'Dots power'. Click it on. Now you have a green dot showing in your rake/rip/thrash icon which indicates that if you'd apply the bleed right now, you apply a 12% more powerful one.

Personally, I'd like to see the actual power increasing values instead, so if you want that, click the Config Dots power button and click 'Text enabled'.

Now its simple: each time Ovale suggests you to FB, you check the number on your rip icon. High number? Don't FB but rip instead.

I use 2 things primarily: Ovale, and Weak Auras. I have WA set up to give me a bar when any of my procs occur: RoR, Dancing Steel, Renataki's trinket. That way I know exactly how much time I have left on RoR, as well as how well it might line up with the increasing Agil from Ren's. I usually assume that any time RoR procs, my Bleeds will be much more powerful than what's currently running. Pooling energy is something i'm still working on, but getting better. If you do that, even to the point of saving Tiger's Fury, you will always have enough energy to apply Rake, 5CP Rip, AND Thrash, with or without an Omen proc. Ovale has been pretty good so far when telling me whether to Bite or do another Rip. /shrug
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned