Page 3 of 132 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Angella View Post
    Played beta through the end of WOTLK and my best memories were with a 10m raiding guild in TBC. This coming from a guy that topped gear charts for pretty much all of Wrath.
    so you enjoyed doing just kara the entire expansion and ZA after it was released?

ok

I've never seen this "demanding" that you speak of, but I feel like since I pay the same 15 dollars a month as everybody else, I would like to be able to get my money's worth. I don't consider myself a bad player, but I just don't have the time to commit to a raiding schedule and I can't even raid normal modes because I don't have that kind of time. I would be constantly interrupted, and my work schedule is quite random, particularly during the summer when I don't have classes. Not everybody can be a hardcore raider. Simple as that. That doesn't mean they shouldn't get to see that content though. LFR doesn't affect you. You still have your heroic raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do "leet sauze" players feel entitled to say who gets to see content?
    Let's make America GREAT again. Trump 2016.

The community whined and bitched and cried, they stamped their little feet and demanded faster expansion releases. They don't get to complain now that expansions are shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Why do they?

If you are a terrible player who has no chance to ever get into a raiding guild or pug normal modes, why do you expect to see raid content? Thats the reason LFR was implemented but WHY do terribads demand content just for them? LFR was made to see content, but why did Blizzard do so?

I just don't understand how hard can it be to read up on your class for 1 hour, ask a better player for tips and then improve yourself to get into raiding...

I think WoW is going down the toilet if something isn't done soon to stop catering to the majority. Dont get me wrong, im fine with catering to casuals, but not like this. Not this way with giving welfare "special" content just for them rather than incentive to improve your gaming skills.

I've been there, clueless. I learned, asked better players. I've been high rated in PvP and raided top PvE content but we ALL started on the bottom some time. Why cant those who run LFR do the same?
    You know what I don't understand?

Why people like you make the same, pointless topic over and over. There are dozens, literally, of LFR QQ topics on these forums. Your post is neither new, nor original, you could have just as easily added your 'thoughts' to one of them. Instead, the forums are now further cluttered with yet another useless, flame-war bait topic.

Here's some advice: worry less about what other people can do and worry about yourself. Its not hard.

This is a video game. It isn't real. If you think any of this matters, at any difficulty, you need to seriously re-assess your priorities in life.

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBacon View Post
    I swear, the only demands I see are from the 'hardcore' demanding content be restricted to them, even if that content being made available to others does not, will not and can not affect them in any way. This has been discussed over and over, here and elsewhere and frankly it's just pointless to even ask anymore.
    I honestly don't see how that is a problem; everyone knows there is no real " skill " in this game, the only differences in players is usually based on the factors of time and determination while everything else is an exaggeration.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    But that's never been the problem. It's getting everyone online "The same night(s)" that's the problem... hence Flex.
    PuG raiding has been around for many years before the introduction of LFR. The issue is that Blizzard has made active attempts to make normal modes anti-pug friendly with the introduction of LFR. Players still are PuGing these raids that are supposed to be only for guild groups, but not many are up to snuff or cant keep up to pace with the higher gear requirements that the raids themselves need to begin with. There wouldnt have been a need for flex mode if Blizzard didnt give PuG raiders the finger and shove them into LFR as carries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lovecrafts View Post
    Why do "leet sauze" players feel entitled to say who gets to see content?
    Content is there and no one is guarding the gates. Its not like some world PVP boss. Raiders are not some special club only given to those with silver spoons hanging out of their mouth, they started at the bottom just like everyone else.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2013-07-04 at 04:25 AM.

Why do elitist feel entitled to keep casuals from seeing the content? So they can feel special about themselves and that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    1. I also payed for a tennis racquet and broke it. My friend still has theirs. We payed the same amount of money. I didn't get a new one at no extra cost.
    is this supposed to be some clever retort? this makes no sense as a comparison to content for casuals. it would be like if your account got banned (tennis racket broken) while your friend still has theirs. nothing to do with casuals.

4. False. It brings in the same amount of money regardless of what they do.
    No.

If you piss off heroic raiders and they all leave, Blizzards income drops by about 1%, if you piss off LFR raids and they leave, Blizzards income drops by about 40%

So, all a business should care about is money and less about who they are and what they do? Society is headed in a bad direction I see.
    Its called Fiduciary Duty, directors of a business have the legal duty to act in the best interests of the shareholders, ie. make as much money as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Why do elitist feel entitled to keep casuals from seeing the content? So they can feel special about themselves and that's all.
    Im not an elitist, im a realist.

And you totally missed the point. I feel "entitled" to say that people should LEARN and not get FREE WELFARE SPECIAL content thrown at their face for zero effort or commitment.

I have a problem with people not wanting to have something as an unreachable goal and strive to get to that goal. You casuals take everything I say and spit it out out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Wish people were more like you. Casuals and badies arent the same thing. I belive LFR should be a challenge.
    call them Baduals lol

let them see their content in LFR. I really don't see why that's a problem.

the problem lies in that it's the main progression path for PvE, so you can't ignore it. of course you can do H Scenarios/Challenge Mode daily (as I found out just a few days ago) to get 516-ish gear but who knows how long it'll take you to get a full set. of course couple that with the IoT and shado-pan assault valor rewards, and especially if you run HoF/ToeS normals, you can probably find your way into a decent raiding guild sooner rather than later without doing ToT lfr.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Casuals have raided and seen content so stop this casuals cant see content BS. They have been doing it for years. Stop being butthurt because some casuals are more efficient with their time than you and are on realms that have a strong casual community of raiders.

Why,OP, if this not a hate thread, do you refer to people who LFR as terrible players? Not having a life that enables you to play hours and hours a day does not make you a terrible player it makes you a player who cannot raid because you have a life, family, job that matters and are not paid for by mummy and daddy who have the lifes and jobs while the player has only WoW in their lives.
    And reading stories in here of many guilds, raiding guilds have many terrible players, including GFs and real life friends who are terrible players but who are carried because the GM is a fool.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you buy a $50 book, and someone rips out half the book: How would you feel?

You paid for the book, you should be allowed to read all of it.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

If there was no LFR then raiders would get 10-12 raid bosses every 12-14 months instead of 12-14 raid bosses every six months because Bliz would have to make content for the non-raiding 89% of the game. You are going to have to face reality soon because you LFR haters are driving this boat off the waterfall.

Either you have an awesome raiding scene with LFR or you have a shitty one without it.

And don't sit there and tell me that LFR people will join raid groups because you just want to pick which 3% of the LFR people get to see the content so you can go back to feeling superior to everyone else. The days of the 1% owning 99% of the content are dead and gone. If you don't like it go find another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Payback View Post
    No.

If you piss off heroic raiders and they all leave, Blizzards income drops by about 1%, if you piss off LFR raids and they leave, Blizzards income drops by about 40%

Its called Fiduciary Duty, directors of a business have the legal duty to act in the best interests of the shareholders, ie. make as much money as possible.
    exactly. the people that bitch and moan represent a fraction of the community. they always try and make their voices heard. if your so hardcore then raid heroic and leave everyone alone. christ. I have no idea why blizzard even responds to raged out posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    If you buy a $50 book, and someone rips out half the book: How would you feel?

You paid for the book, you should be allowed to read all of it.
    If you buy a $50 book and understand less than half of the vocabulary what do you do? Purchase the junior edition?

The other problem TBH is the all the non-raiding content is still in effect gear based. Questing in ToT without at least reasonable LFR gear is painful in the extreme.. there isn't the slightest chance that I would do dailies in ToT every day in heroic blues, life is too short. Brawlers Guild is largely a gear check, none of the fights is that complicated, but once you get to about Rank 6 you need 90K+ dps to make progress, good luck doing that in heroic blues. If you want to scrap LFR, you need to offer interesting content that casual players can do in heroic blues that has purpose, and is fun. The problem of course is such content will be a total face roll for a raider and they will cry that it is too easy.

Ahead of the curve/Cutting edge just isn't enough. People will bitch about every aspect of this game because why enjoy something when you could complain about it instead?
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana