Page 82 of 132 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Actually, they are, because this isn't Red Faction, you are playing WITH other people. This is like me saying "Well, hey, I subbed for 2 years in TBC and paid £160 in subs, why should these noobs in MoP get to play TBC content without paying £160 as well?" I dare you to tell me that's a logical statement, because it isn't. People are getting HUGE amounts of free content joining this late, and people continue to play that free content trivialised or not.
    So you jumped at the last three words I said, completely ignoring everything else. Please go back, re-read the entire post and address it as a whole, without cutting out parts that you don't like.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    The people who raid these days are all about min-maxing, logs, theorycrafting, strats, endless reams of bullshit that most players are rightfully entirely uninterested in, because they are sane.

Socializing? Carrying your friends? Fooling around? Meh. It's more about every week find the weak link, and replace him. See you later, baddie!
    Spend a few minutes on a guide where other players used their own personal time to help others.

If you are in a casual guild then this isnt a problem. If you are in a heroic progression guild then expect to pull your own weight or risk getting replaced by someone else who will put in more effort than you. Finding the casual guilds has gotten harder as Blizzard alienated them this expansion and expected these players to run LFR in Blizzards attempt to make raiding anti-PuG friendly. The hard core did not ask for this change, he developers did so with LFR being their excuse which back fired on them and now they have to introduce Flex mode because being a casual doesnt mean you are bad. Blizzard needs to stop treating casuals as a whole as if they are all incompetent just because of the few rotten apples that populate the casual pool.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Playing the wrong game bud.
    Actually considering that I'm happy with everything blizzard has done with LFR and you aren't, it seems to be YOU who is playing the wrong game.

Literally impossible to have an argument.. IDK if they're stupid, slow, or just trolling.
    The word you are looking for is "correct". The reason you cannot argue with them is that they are right.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Actually considering that I'm happy with everything blizzard has done with LFR and you aren't, it seems to be YOU who is playing the wrong game.
    It's pretty funny I mean they came in here and said LFR IS BAD and then when we tell them why were okay with lfr and somehow we end up being the ones playing the wrong game. It's backwards.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I don't see why it's necessary to punish LFR users to make a small few others happy.
    Perfect example of an entitled kid. Just wants free epics, nothing else matters. Proves once again, why nobody did Naxx in WotlK, and that people wanted epics from Ilidan, not to "see the content" as they like to call it.

So you jumped at the last three words I said, completely ignoring everything else. Please go back, re-read the entire post and address it as a whole, without cutting out parts that you don't like.
    Actually, if YOU re-read your post, you'd realise that your over-riding point in the post is exactly what I answered. You seem to think that paying for it means all the good, none of the bad. If you don't like dealing with other people, then sub to Playstation Plus. You'll get some awesome single player games and no-one will exclude you, unfortunately it seems you're all about the masochistic whining about being excluded and how everyone else is super mean despite you being Kungen 2.0

Though yeah, it's cute you can't justify how much I paid in subs vs. how much you have, but want the same content entitlement.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert3620 View Post
    That's part of the problem and something a lot of people are failing to see. You broke your ladder and lfr has nothing to do with it. Those lesser guilds where people would start to raid faded away this expansion because normal was tuned beyond them. Where do you think most people started raiding? They started in those social guilds that were doing normals and making their way threw the content in a much slower way. Those guilds got destroyed this expansion. It's hard for a newer player to break into raiding when the bar is set so high, as it is now, we needed those social guilds and were paying a price for seeing them get destroyed.
    Pretty sure LFR being significantly easier helped deteriorate those normal mode stepping stone guilds worse then content tuning. Why commit and learn to play when you can watch a movie while progressing your character as you auto attack. It was a mistake and the lower playerbase is suffering for it. Heroic raiders of course will feel the effects too. Currently though just enough players are still aspiring to challenge themselves that we are surviving. For now..

Actually, if YOU re-read your post, you'd realise that your over-riding point in the post is exactly what I answered. You seem to think that paying for it means all the good, none of the bad. If you don't like dealing with other people, then sub to Playstation Plus. You'll get some awesome single player games and no-one will exclude you, unfortunately it seems you're all about the masochistic whining about being excluded and how everyone else is super mean despite you being Kungen 2.0
    Again, I'm not the one who came here to complain about LFR. You did. You complain about the game as it is, and then you tell ME to go play something else. Follow your own advice maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Perfect example of an entitled kid. Just wants free epics, nothing else matters. Proves once again, why nobody did Naxx in WotlK, and that people wanted epics from Ilidan, not to "see the content" as they like to call it.
    Okay chuckles. Let's say this is true (and I don't think that it is). What do you care? You still have hard content all over the place. The game is busting out the ass with it. THey could mail us purple epics and what would it matter to you? You'd still have hard content available..
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Again, I'm not the one who came here to complain about LFR. You did. You complain about the game as it is, and then you tell ME to go play something else. Follow your own advice maybe?
    I feel you really need to re-read my points throughout the whole thread.

I quite literally said LFR was a good idea from my FIRST POST IN THE ENTIRE THREAD.

Deleted
    Good point. But you couldn't beat Ninja Gaiden because the game was designed by DEVELOPERS to be hard, not because other people who own Ninja Gaiden thought you don't deserve it.
    You do understand LFR was created by Blizzard, not by the players right?

And that the first raids were tuned by Blizzard and set as 40 man by Blizzard, not by players right?

Deleted
    1.) I don't think things should just be handed to you, LFR style... Flex raiding will "hopefully" fix that by adding an element of personal responsibility in an otherwise casual environment. An "easy" setting rather than an "enjoy the ride" setting.

2.) Define "lesser skilled". I'm not the worlds best DK but I've beaten normal modes and a couple of heroics.

3.) Screw Ninja Gaiden - That game caused more broken controllers than... AAARGH.

You seem to miss the point. Players should not be able to limit each other's ability to play the game FOR ANY REASON. Even if you are the most unappealing, newbish, unenchanted, undergeared fail, no other player should be able to say "sorry mate, you aren't going to play this game you paid for".
    You see wordup? this is the unfortunate players brand new players get to interact with in the game. Where anyone who promotes challenging gameplay is a threat.

The only person limiting you Nameless is yourself. Change your attitude and maybe you would be more appealing to play with.

Wrong. Being able to get on for 4-5 hours a week could still be considered casual. When I raided I was never 'hardcore'. I got on on raid times, stuck with the group for as far as we could get, and logged off. It's that simple.

YOU don't have the time for the game. Don't expect the game to make time for you. It's just the kind of game WoW is(was).
    LULS - so one definition of hardcore is being able to clear all content in a single night, every week. Another definition is to have all the time in the world to the game. Which am I then?

I'm currently unemployed, and play upwards of 12 hours a day. I have 11 90s, all geared enough to ToT LFR, and am basically at the mercy of either my guild, who can barely beat jin'rokh one night a week, or trying to pug on a dying server. I'm casual, because I haven't cleared Horridon. I'm hardcore because I devote so much time?

You people are retarded in your definitions. Make up your fucking mind - no wonder everyone's talking past each other - you've not set the parameters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    What masochist wants to climb that ladder?

The people who raid these days are all about min-maxing, logs, theorycrafting, strats, endless reams of bullshit that most players are rightfully entirely uninterested in, because they are sane.

Socializing? Carrying your friends? Fooling around? Meh. It's more about every week find the weak link, and replace him. See you later, baddie!

Sounds like fun to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Pretty much sums up your understanding of raiding.
    The "ladder" is what's fun about it. It's a team-oriented activity, in an environment that at least initially began the same way. Getting together, strategizing, figuring things out, and downing the boss - (what you call min-maxing, logs, theory crafting, etc) - is what it was about, and the camaraderie that emerges from it. The tone of that post sounds like you have baggage, perhaps about some bad guild experiences....well guess what? We all did. We've all been in a group with jerks. Staying in a toxic environment isn't their fault, its yours.

I had to change guilds almost 10 times before I found the right one for me. Then as my life changed, I had to change 2 more times, but I was persistent and I found the right group with the right mentality about raiding.

I feel sorry for anyone - for whatever reason - that misses out on the fun of actual raiding and instead opts to spend their time silently zerging one boss after another with random strangers. It's just not a substitute. Maybe Flex Raid will bring something of it back, but until then I fear real raiding is circling the drain.

The OP doesn't even rank among skilled players. His guild is not even in the top tier progression. I don't think there's any room to say others are "lesser skilled"

If Blizzard truly made content that only hardcore skilled people could complete, I don't think the likes of the OP would make it.

It's always some mediocre player who thinks a little too high of himself, that posts these kinds of threads.

I am truly, TRULY baffled as to why this thread exists.
    I have access to the exact same gear as you, my character is thoroughly pimped and performs amazingly well in logs and ranks; but that is completely irrelevant.

My issue is, if you have to ask questions like this, then you really aren't raiding for the right reasons at all. In fact, you're raiding for straight up the wrong reasons, and I urge every person annoyed by this thread to point out that if you're raiding to lord it over other people, then why fucking bother? You should be raiding to have fun at any difficulty, not to rub it in people's faces like some child that has nothing better to do.

I feel for the LFR players happily playing the game because some guy who jumped into serious raiding mid Cata (those shared achievements are fun yo, guess sunwell and LK hc 25 was just too hard) feels like he has to demean and insult them.

Take it from me, I have raided hardcore since SSC. If YOU want to play LFR and have fun, enjoy it. Don't feel chastised or insulted because people seem to think you're "entitled", enjoy the game, because you clearly are, and above all, ignore assholes like OP who are desperate to play the big boy, because usually, they just aren't that special themselves.
    Just thought I'd bring this post to the fore to show you I actually never once said LFR is bad.

I feel you really need to re-read my points throughout the whole thread.

I quite literally said LFR was a good idea from my FIRST POST IN THE ENTIRE THREAD.
    I'm defending LFR, why the bloody hell are you arguing with me? WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DiegoBrando View Post
    Nobody did Naxx? You sure? 'Cause Naxx was alive well into t9 on Wyrmrest Accord for badge runs, RP gear runs, and alt runs. Hell, it was alive well into the Year of ICC for the same reasons because it was easy and farming Naxx25 in t9 took almost zero real effort.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!