15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    As I said before that argument is invalid. Just because you pay doesn't mean you get to see everything. And seeing everything doesn't make the game a better more enjoyable game.
    If I pay for a product that doesnt specifically say that this will need countless of man hours and a steep learning curve to be able to beat, I would expect to be able to beat it, even if it has to be on easy mode. WoW has always been catering to the casual MMO crowd, and this is coming from a seasoned MMO veteran. I delved into WoW to conquor the harder parts of the game, but I dont mind that Blizzard is giving people with less time commitment an option to complete the game in their eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Flex is personal loot so ... what ...?
    I'm sorry you were talking about normal mode raiding. Now flex an actively to do with friends isn't something interesting to you either. I think I found the problem here maybe you should understand you are playing an MMO. so far you seem to want a single player experience because of your disdain for the entirety of the playerbase.

Do you deny it?

"Why do casuals demand to see raid content?" - silly question really, it's pretty obvious:

1. We ALL pay the same amount for our subscription every month. Would you buy a car if you were only allowed on the backseat? As a hardcore raider, would you pay extra for content only available to the 1% of the WoW population that is truly hardcore, just to feel like a special snowflake? I would argue that hardcore players already have special content - hard modes.

2. A big part of the expansion lore is continued / ended through raid instances. Would it not be a shame to miss out on that just because you're not as timewise invested in the game?

3. I really dislike the term hardcore / casual (even though I use it here). We are all gamers.

Z.
    Last edited by Zhira; 2013-07-05 at 10:40 AM. Reason: typos

C-c-c-combo breaker!!!
    And then it's dysfunction this, and dysfunction that, and dysfunction vaffancul!

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I never did jakes, Chris story turned me completely off.
    Do jakes it to me was by far the best one.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    As I said before that argument is invalid. Just because you pay doesn't mean you get to see everything. And seeing everything doesn't make the game a better more enjoyable game.
    2400+ troll post like this... Well done Mods.

Report posts to us. Don't post to call people trolls
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-05 at 02:01 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I'm sorry you were talking about normal mode raiding. Now flex an actively to do with friends isn't something interesting to you either. I think I found the problem here maybe you should understand you are playing an MMO. so far you seem to want a single player experience because of your disdain for the entirety of the playerbase.

Do you deny it?
    Dude(tte), you were talking about flex raiding and "78 drops" and I'm talking about flex is personal loot so wtf are you going on about.

Stop putting words or sentiments in my mouth. Or keep going, I'll find a good one to report. But that's all I'm going to say about it.

To the OP:

Being a casual player has nothing to do with skill.

I used to be a hardcore raider and PvPer. I had arena titles, I got the Hand of Ad'al title in BC. I theorycrafted for my entire guild, a guild that regularly landed world-top-10 DPS parses and often got the #1 slot for our respective class/spec combos.

I guarantee you that at my very best, I was better at this game than you will ever be. No one will ever be able to call me a "unskilled" player.

That was years ago, though. Now, I'm balancing work, school, a family, and other obligations. I don't have time to play WoW seriously. I'm not a "lesser skilled player," but I still like seeing content in this game? Why? Because it's fun to see content And LFR is the only thing that allows me to do that, since my schedule is variable and difficult to coordinate around.

Hope that answers your question.

Deleted
    OP wants to a special snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by laumex View Post
    because they pay for the game as you do, you fucking dishit whore, because ppls like you wow is that bad, you are the cancer of wow. please die.
    Wow you are very hostile. You might want to wonder if you are a problem too.
    Infact that is a little too far. Enjoy your infraction

Quote Originally Posted by Athael View Post
    To the OP:

Being a casual player has nothing to do with skill.

I used to be a hardcore raider and PvPer. I had arena titles, I got the Hand of Ad'al title in BC. I theorycrafted for my entire guild, a guild that regularly landed world-top-10 DPS parses and often got the #1 slot for our respective class/spec combos.

I guarantee you that at my very best, I was better at this game than you will ever be. No one will ever be able to call me a "unskilled" player.

That was years ago, though. Now, I'm balancing work, school, a family, and other obligations. I don't have time to play WoW seriously. I'm not a "lesser skilled player," but I still like seeing content in this game? Why? Because it's fun to see content And LFR is the only thing that allows me to do that, since my schedule is variable and difficult to coordinate around.

Hope that answers your question.
    If it was that fun you'd make time.

I never cried for LFR.
    Players never cried for LFR.
    LFR descended on the game mostly as a surprise from Blizzard. Your history is messed up there in an important way.

If players in LFR got everything that heroic players got, I would be on the other side of this argument. But as a matter of fact, the only thing that players get from LFR that players also get from heroic mode is battle pets.

If you buy a Selectric typewriter and use it and love it (or just look at it and love it), and all your friends envy you, and then 20 years go by and you still have a Selectric and all your friends have computers and printers, and they don't envy you any more, where's the problem? Things change. WoW, for example.
    are you intentionally not addressing my points or are you just incapable of understanding them, such that a cogent response is impossibe..?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhira View Post
    "Why do casuals demand to see raid content?" - silly question really, it's pretty obvious:

1. We ALL pay the same amount for our subscription every month. Would you buy a car if you were only allowed on the backseat? As a hardcore raider, would you pay extra for content only available to the 1% of the WoW population that is truly hardcore, just to feel like a special snowflake? I would argue that hardcore players already have special content - hard modes.

2. A big part of the expansion lore is continued / ended through raid instances. Would it not be a shame to miss out on that just because you're not as timewise invested in the game?

3. I really dislike the term hardcore / casual (even though I use it here). We are all gamers.

Z.
    Your number one point is constantly mentioned. "We all pay the same". Yes. Yes, you do. That does NOT mean you are entitled to do, see and get the same experience as hard core raiders. If the game went free to play, what would then your argument be? Exactly. Nothing. However, right now, your argument is still just that. Nothing.

The amount of time you spend on the game is the deciding factor. Not that you pay the same amount. If you have a subscription at the gym, do you complain that you dont have as much muscles as someone who works out more than you? You pay the same fee, why arent you as fit as the others who spend more time?

How on EARTH do you people actually believe that logic is a valid argument? I mean, my god. It's silly.
    Hi

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniperpally View Post
    are you intentionally not addressing my points or are you just incapable of understanding them, such that a cogent response is impossibe..?
    If you think I didn't address your post, then you are correct; no cogent response is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    Your number one point is constantly mentioned. "We all pay the same". Yes. Yes, you do. That does NOT mean you are entitled to do, see and get the same experience as hard core raiders. If the game went free to play, what would then your argument be? Exactly. Nothing. However, right now, your argument is still just that. Nothing.

The amount of time you spend on the game is the deciding factor. Not that you pay the same amount. If you have a subscription at the gym, do you complain that you dont have as much muscles as someone who works out more than you? You pay the same fee, why arent you as fit as the others who spend more time?

How on EARTH do you people actually believe that logic is a valid argument? I mean, my god. It's silly.
    I'd say by the same logic that you are using to get so worked up.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    OP wants to a special snowflake.
    Care to explain wtf is wrong or vile about being special? Bout wanting to better than others? About wanting to stand out from the crowd to be more than just an average Joe?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

If you think I didn't address your post, then you are correct; no cogent response is possible.
    (from you), not in general. I'm pretty sure someone (redacted) could do better than some non sequitors

let me break it down for you. Its a non sequitor because whats at issue is not the historical facticity of your tears shed, but rather your essential relationship towards LFR, which can be illustrated by the question: if LFR was removed, would you cry about it? Obviously yes, so my point stands. Your inability to grasp this or your intentional deflection into irrelevancy belies either (redacted), or the tacit admission that Im basically correct and that your only recourse is to lay down a smokescreen. So which is it, are you (redacted), or intentionally trying to deflect?

or maybe now you're actually ready to address the point
    Last edited by Sniperpally; 2013-07-05 at 11:00 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post

The thing is that they dont experience the same thing. LFR is not Heroic raiding. Yes they see the same bosses, Yes they see the same scenery and Yes they get some gear. But its nowhere comparable to Heroic raiding. So why are you whining that someone is seeing a eased up version of the boss that you are seeing?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Care to explain wtf is wrong or vile about being special? Bout wanting to better than others? About wanting to stand out from the crowd to be more than just an average Joe?
    Yes, I can explain that.

Oppressing others so that they can't have their own pathetic version of the things that you flaunt and enjoy, yes, that is the wrong kind of wanting to be special.

Why is the biggest retort "because we pay the same amount" like everyone is a goddamn parrot around here. I'm sorry is $15 alot of money? $15 allows you server access Blizzard could pull LFR from the game tommorow and the only thing you can do is cancel your account. Not that LFR should be pulled from the game that ship has sailed.

$15 for server access. That is all. Zip! period! Zippo!