Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Few prot questions

Whats the exp rating number for prot warrior 15% as an orc with axe mh

Also I got 4 pc LFR tier
    I got Shared boss loot 522 tanking shoulders this week and I have the tanking chest off ooondasta do I switch out the 2 pcs of tier for the higher ilvl and lose 4 pc.

Deleted
    Always wear the tanking pieces with more base armor/stamina. Tier bonuses would matter if they had any major effect which they don't.
    Regarding your expertise. Just install ReforgeLite.

If I'm not a complete retard it was 4760 for an Orc with Axe.

Deleted
    You aren't a retard and are quite right, 4760
    As always with reforges, get the reforgelite addon ^^

Tier bonuses I would honestly say just go with the highest ilevel, I'm not exactly the worlds biggest fan of either of the prot tier bonuses from T15 though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    get the reforgelite addon ^^)
    I have completely deleted that addon form my cpu 3 times and reinstalled it and each time that godamn addon sugest I forge into SPIRIT! I have perma deleted that thing!

I knwo many swear by it but I can't stand it on my war it always glitches out!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bobyboucher View Post
    I have completely deleted that addon form my cpu 3 times and reinstalled it and each time that godamn addon sugest I forge into SPIRIT! I have perma deleted that thing!

I knwo many swear by it but I can't stand it on my war it always glitches out!
    Make sure the check boxes aren't checked on spirit. If you select a pre-defined set it can have check boxes which mess things up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Make sure the check boxes aren't checked on spirit. If you select a pre-defined set it can have check boxes which mess things up.
    Trust me tried everything >.< Only things checked were for hit and exp caps to be met and still every other calculation would tell me to go for spirit... soooo frustrating. I winged it on my own this time but a couple more items and I will try it again...

Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    You aren't a retard and are quite right, 4760
    As always with reforges, get the reforgelite addon ^^

Tier bonuses I would honestly say just go with the highest ilevel, I'm not exactly the worlds biggest fan of either of the prot tier bonuses from T15 though
    I have found wowreforge.com to work better than reforge lite for me on my Prot Warrior. I think it does a much better job.

Deleted
    You can lapidate me but what's with AMR? Especially for prot it's quite interesting because it also takes gemming & enchants into account and on contraire to our dps brethen we've quite bit of wiggle room there.

Deleted
    I personally never use AMR, I think you should generally know what is good for you and what isn't. ReforgeLite can cover the rest

AMR receives a lot of hate from people but it's just a tool and like many tools it depends on the user to achieve great results.

It's the same thing with ReforgeLite. Using the standard settings will never yield the best result. Both tools have acceptable standard setting and will be good enough for most people. If you want to get the best result, you have to do some work yourself (as always) and change the settings.

Concerning Reforges, those 2 tools are equal but AMR allows you to include gems and enchants as well at the cost of having to reforge yourself. Personally, I'm using both tools for easier reforges and a fail-safe.

PS: Talking about AMR: The upgrade list (besides trinkets...their trinket simulation keeps deviating from the general opinion) is quite good as long as you don't forget that it's the relative ranking. An item which might be the best for you right now might be worse after you have changed some other items.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meteo View Post
    Concerning Reforges, those 2 tools are equal but AMR allows you to include gems and enchants as well at the cost of having to reforge yourself. Personally, I'm using both tools for easier reforges and a fail-safe.
    This is the reason I don't use it, it changes my reforges based on the sub-optimal gems its chosen for me, its so frustrating. I know how to gem, I want to reforge the rest. It has so many nobs and settings but I just want a simple reforger, I know my stats so I'll get ReforgeLite to implement it for me.

Reforge-wise, wowreforge is the best. It's very painful to use with upgraded items but it has the best solver. You'll always get a better result (or at least the same) with wowregorge even if you use the same statweights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    Reforge-wise, wowreforge is the best. It's very painful to use with upgraded items but it has the best solver. You'll always get a better result (or at least the same) with wowregorge even if you use the same statweights.
    Not sure if its just me but I find wowreforge really bad in the way that it doesn't compare you current reforges. It gives you what you gain from reforges from unreforged gear it it won't tell you what you are losing/gainin relative to your current reforges.

For me this makes it really unintuitive, it can say you are getting 3k mastery but how much is that compared to what you already have?

The tanking 2set is not half bad for 10 man tanking. The 4set is pretty bad in general. Take the higher ilvl gear for more armor and stam.

Just use http://www.askmrrobot.com/

If you've simmed your char, then add the values you've in the "edit values" tab, otherwise run with what they use, the prot ones are good enough as they are.

When you've done that, go into "Options", and tick the "BETA! Test new optimizer". It will make the optimizer a lot more accurate, and after that, click optimize. you now have the reforges and enchants that are the best.

The Beta optimizer they have fixed all the pro issues I had with them, they now are as close to perfect as you can get.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by clampy View Post
    Not sure if its just me but I find wowreforge really bad in the way that it doesn't compare you current reforges. It gives you what you gain from reforges from unreforged gear it it won't tell you what you are losing/gainin relative to your current reforges.

For me this makes it really unintuitive, it can say you are getting 3k mastery but how much is that compared to what you already have?
    As I said, wowreforge is not the more intuitive or easy to use. It just has the best solver.
    I didn't know that AMR had a new beta solver, though. It may be worth a try.

Deleted
    For prot at least I would still take knowledge and asking for someone's opinion rather than trusting AMR

Tanking is something that is rather difficult to model and different healing teams will find different styles of healing easier than others
    Basically, Total Damage Reduction is usually what is modeled and it simply isn't the case that this is what is easiest to heal

Take a monk for example, in an extreme situation if they went up to say 99% dodge (I know this isn't possible I'm just putting it in extremes) on a boss that hit for 2 million each swing

Say over a 3 minute fight they took that one swing for 2 million, they would have an insanely high TDR but the damage they would take in spikes is totally unhealable

Conversely if you had a Warrior who took every single hit but for 85% reduction, for 300k they would take significantly more damage over the fight but be much more healable

Its rather difficult to model the "ease" of healing a tank although some do an *ok* job at it. Basically its a combination of Total Damage Reduction + Delta Mitigation (Spike Reduction)

Ofcourse, you are correct Eddytheone. I just put in my opinion in the discussion regarding what tool to use for the gearing purpose. Depending on the fight, healing team, and your personal opinion, you'll want different reforge and gemming stragetys. You can use any of the tools listed above to optimize any given gearset, in the way you prefer. All you have to do is edit the stat weights.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Rawr always used to be really good for character management and gearing although I'm not sure if its still updated