View Poll Results: Would you accept less raid content in exchange for no LFR?

Voters
511. This poll is closed
  • Yes

110 21.53%
  • No

401 78.47%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking
    they dont even test it in PTR they just live release it.
    Can't believe I'm the first one to point out that this is blatantly wrong. Anyway bad thread, bad poster, ban both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Did you forget 4.1? Only 2 rehashed dungeons and no LFR that lasted until 4.3.
    Two dungeons that were rehashed and which everyone pretty much loathed from the start. So I don't know if I'd use that as an example of anything.

There's an interesting discussion to be had about what the game might look like if the work they had put into raids during MoP had been put into dungeons. You could very easily imagine two dozen dungeons built out of what is current raid content. That would be a very different game from what we have now. But all of that said, this thread is less about trading dungeons for raids. At least to me, I read it as "Hey people who are always saying you want LFR out of the game! Put up or shut up because if LFR is gone, this is what you get!" That's an interesting discussion too and one that I try and provoke all the time which people pretty much refuse to answer directly.

BTW: LFR is tested on the PTR. Generally it's thought that the reason to test it out is to see what stuff people can manage and what they can't.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-07-04 at 08:52 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

So 20 voters are full of crap so far. Should have made the poll showing who replied what - then we could go back through their past posts and make sure they were totally fine with how long Dragon Soul and ICC lasted for at the time - just to confirm they really are as fine with slow content release as they seem to believe they would be.
    Last edited by Windfury; 2013-07-04 at 08:56 AM.

Even before LFR it did not take 12 months per raid. So that is an unrealistic timeframe to give.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    ...At least to me, I read it as "Hey people who are always saying you want LFR out of the game! Put up or shut up because if LFR is gone, this is what you get!" That's an interesting discussion too and one that I try and provoke all the time which people pretty much refuse to answer directly.
    Well, what else comes from the loss of LFR? If Blizzard decides to cut LFR, all those developers will have to move to another part of the company. Maybe even lay-offs, which is worse. It's hard to just discuss a situation where it would just stop at "LFR is removed, what are the repercussions only".

However if you just want something along those lines, I think it's pretty simple. If nothing else changes and we continue on the road we have now (Just devoid of LFR), there would be an influx of subscription loses, perhaps a very slight increase of PvP and Normal / Heroic raiding. All I have, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post
    They are removing LFR you duffus, just taking it one step at a time... what do you think Flexi-raid is.

LFR is getting the 5man heroic treatment, you're just behind the times.

First it's going to become irrelevant, then when it's cut as a failed experiment you'll have an army of drones like yourself parroting "who cares, it's not like it's useful for anything".

I like how you made a non-bias opening post though
    I'd like a reference on where they said that LFR is what's keeping the raiding content pipeline going.. I thought it was all the pet battles and stuff.

So it's Pet Battles = 10-12 bosses a year.
    No Pet Battles = 20-28 bosses a year.

What say you we remove pet battles that's so many resources out of the encounter design department, they could be used for LFR.
    Flex still requires a lot of the organisation, the very thing keeping many out of normal.
    And you then accusing someone of being biased, while launching into an attack on pet battles which were mostly developed by the UI team, which has nothing to do with raid encounters.

Hypocrite.

Deleted
    You would get less raid content, as in no raid content. The subs would drop, Blizzard would focus their energies elsewhere, and you'd get a patch a year at best.

My apologies if I incorrectly stated that LFR isn't tested on the PTR, I only PTR to research Raid bosses with my guild.

Aquamonkey, what happened in those 4.1 dungeons? Once people got what they wanted out of them and they ran 5 man content for valor if they got the Troll dungeons they would rather take the deserter debuff than run them again, they were aiming for the easier content to slap down some easy valor. Typically groups would get 5 members and 2 would drop, then 2 would load in, and 1 would drop, then 1 would load in and a boss would go down then 3 would drop as the deserter debuff was now gone, then you would repeat this process.

Yeah, awesome dungeon design, something to write home to mom about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna roleplay a Goblin who votes yes in your poll. His name is Noseface Cutspite.
    "Brevity is...wit"

so less content and less people happy? what?
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drii View Post
    They are removing LFR you duffus, just taking it one step at a time... what do you think Flexi-raid is.
    Originally Posted by Rygarius
    We're not removing Raid Finder. Locking the thread as this line of discussion is moot and nonconstructive.

This says it all.
    LFR (like it, or hate it) is here to stay.

as to the OP, No I would not accept less raid content for the removal of LFR, That just does not make any sense. Maybe MORE raid content for the removal of LFR would be a more practical suggestion. But again not something I would want personally.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2013-07-04 at 09:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I posted this in another thread:

Blizzard doesn't really know how to make compelling content that will last an entire patch other than raids, so they just cram as many people as they can into raids. And raids only last that long because they have a weekly lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    Even before LFR it did not take 12 months per raid. So that is an unrealistic timeframe to give.
    As I am not a Blizz dev I can't give you a realistic timeframe but the question stands, if it was in this time frame would you accept loosing 14-18 potential raid bosses per year? I've set the parameters of the question and under those parameters would you be answer yes or no.

Deleted
    Who would benefit from that? Raiders get less and people with lives/or just nerd with other games, who do not want to be bound to certain guild and time each week, would not be able to have the fun of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    I posted this in another thread:

Blizzard doesn't really know how to make compelling content that will last an entire patch other than raids, so they just cram as many people as they can into raids. And raids only last that long because they have a weekly lockout.
    Now you are just talking to keep words coming out of your mouth. The above quote has nothing to do with the topic question and poll at hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    Who would benefit from that? Raiders get less and people with lives/or just nerd with other games, who do not want to be bound to certain guild and time each week, would not be able to have the fun of raiding.
    People who hate LFR would be getting what they want at the cost of their own content, they still get their content but as less people will be using it it will become less important to produce than the current system.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What a weird question. If you are good enough to raid heroics, you shouldn't even need LFR, so if you hate it so much - don't do it.
    I don't hate LFR, I am a strong proponent of LFR. Always have been.

What I am doing is asking a question that LFR haters have constantly refused to answer because I want an answer.

LFR haters seem to think this will solve all the problems they have with Raiding communities when in fact it will just cause a bigger problem, less Raid content less often.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    People who hate LFR would be getting what they want at the cost of their own content, they still get their content but as less people will be using it it will become less important to produce than the current system.
    But at that expense, what comes out of it? Just because they get what they want (Which they won't, I almost guarantee it), side effects would occur. Both positive and negative ones, which seems to not even be on the discussion in this thread.

Lfr is the best!

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    All the people calling for getting rid of LFR seem to believe they would benefit from that. Apparently feeling a bit more special at playing wow is worth actually playing wow less or something somehow.

Deleted
    Two thing which a hate on LFR now are:
    - Drop for Legendary items (wasnt in DS - nobody complains about it).
    - Drop same shit every week ( If I finnaly win something I alredy have it twice or more time...) so this goes to vendor. And these drops will do someone happy - If it can be traded-able I will be more happy)

Generally I like DS LFR model much more

Also flex raid shouldnt have such item dividing system - thats bullshit.
    Last edited by mmoc0ba67a0b63; 2013-07-04 at 09:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Now you are just talking to keep words coming out of your mouth. The above quote has nothing to do with the topic question and poll at hand.
    You answered this with:
    Blizzard doesn't spend nearly the same amount of resources on any content they way they do with raids. Raids are the only type of content they make that lasts an entire patch. Dungeons require similar amount of resources (per boss), but people burn through them quickly since they're not limited by a weekly lockout. It's like Blizzard cut corners by making LFR so they wouldn't have to bother developing long-lasting content for the non-raiders.

EDIT: There used to be lasting content for those players long before LFR, but that kept getting gutted and trivialized. So instead of actually giving them back that stuff or something new, Blizzard just threw raids at them with LFR.

Remember that the majority of people in LFR weren't interested in raiding in the first place. It's just that there isn't much of anything for them to do other than LFR for character (gear) progression anymore.

Path of the Titans and archeology were supposed to fill this role, but they got cancelled/reworked.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-04 at 09:42 AM.