Why the idea of selling the EXP buff is good

Here's a few reasons why it's good:

- Leveling is easy as it is right now, with all the experience increasing items/elixir/perks
    - Having an advantage in leveling has no benefit competitively whatsoever unless it's a race to realm first, which I'm sure they'd turn it off
    - With the implementation of Proving Grounds the traditional methods of learning your class while leveling will be outdated
    - The level cap has grown ridiculously large, having this will cause it to feel less intimidating to new players
    - People who already have max level characters but don't have the time to level an alt and be able to enjoy the current content with it
    - People already do pay for whole new subscriptions just for the RaF bonus
    - Lower the amount of people dumb enough to be scammed with character leveling services

and the most important one

- THIS DOES NOT EFFECT YOU IN THE SLIGHTEST

This is coming from a person who has a level 90 of every class. I would love to hear what negatives this could possibly have but I can't think of any.

If you honestly think they went through the trouble of developing an in-game store to stop at EXP, you need to think again.

It's not good. It will ruin this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushro View Post
    I would love to hear what negatives this could possibly have but I can't think of any.
    Guess you haven't read any of the other threads about this topic. :\

Hehe, always fun wih the "this doesn't affect you the slightest argument".

I wonder how games today would look if the devs at every design decision thought "will this affect other players, no - let's implement it".

I remember RMAH discussion from D3 - "this doesn't affect you why do you care". Look at D3 today. haha.

Terrible argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    If you honestly think they went through the trouble of developing an in-game store to stop at EXP, you need to think again.

It's not good. It will ruin this game.
    you're making it sound like they have already, and it really wont depending to what extreme. There's mounts, pets, Raf 1-80 or so.
    and @OP just the same stuff in the order thread about theories.. extreme points to where IM QUITTING OVER THIS!

Rmah in D3 doesnt compare to if they add a ingame store to CERTAIN REGIONS only.
    btw the item is 85+, not lv1+

Almost all of your points have nothing to do with why it would be a good idea to sell it for cash in a cash shop. You could very well make most of those points about the item being sold for valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Almost all of your points have nothing to do with why it would be a good idea to sell it for cash in a cash shop. You could very well make most of those points about the item being sold for valor.
    But that wouldn't help Blizzard in any way...

I agree with you, there's really no reason for people to be upset. An in game cash shop will have items like exp bonuses, mounts, pets, maybe even transmog gear, whatever. It isn't really a bad thing, as it has no impact on the game itself. Plus they can sell 100% exp for like $5 a pop and make a lot of money I'm sure of that, leveling is the most tedious thing ever.

Deleted
    That's what I'm thinking.

Why would they when they can just forget the whole thing and keep the current get levels quick method of using RaF on yourself? At least that way they can bloat subscription numbers.

This is for our benefit and it wouldn't help the newer/very casual players at all if it was sold for end-game currency.

Quote Originally Posted by papaz View Post
    Look at D3 today. haha.
    The D3 that is actually very playable and enjoyable now?
    The same D3 that actually has had massive improvements over the last 12 months?

That D3?

Quote Originally Posted by papaz View Post
    Hehe, always fun wih the "this doesn't affect you the slightest argument".

I wonder how games today would look if the devs at every design decision thought "will this affect other players, no - let's implement it".

I remember RMAH discussion from D3 - "this doesn't affect you why do you care". Look at D3 today. haha.

Terrible argument.
    Do you really need the differences between buying gear and buying a leveling boost explained to you?

Deleted
    Or maybe, just maybe, they want to incorporate the Blizzard store into the game, making it easier to purchase pets/mounts and, eventually, exp elixirs.

Purely cosmetic or leveling enhancing stuff is a-okay.

Heirlooms are fine aswell, they don't impact other people, why should a potion?

Still dont understand all the QQ , if they do introduce this item , Blizzard actually loses money as it'll lose out on people who RaF level up toons . We already had pets/mounts sold on the online blizzard store. Making it ingame doesnt change much except to move stuff from online browser to ingame which is what their desktop client is meant to as well. And taking one little snippet from ptr and extending it all the way to the extent of RMAH is bit of an exaggeration imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushro View Post
    Here's a few reasons why it's good:

- Leveling is easy as it is right now, with all the experience increasing items/elixir/perks
    - Having an advantage in leveling has no benefit competitively whatsoever unless it's a race to realm first, which I'm sure they'd turn it off
    - With the implementation of Proving Grounds the traditional methods of learning your class while leveling will be outdated
    - The level cap has grown ridiculously large, having this will cause it to feel less intimidating to new players
    - People who already have max level characters but don't have the time to level an alt and be able to enjoy the current content with it
    - People already do pay for whole new subscriptions just for the RaF bonus
    - Lower the amount of people dumb enough to be scammed with character leveling services

and the most important one

- THIS DOES NOT EFFECT YOU IN THE SLIGHTEST

This is coming from a person who has a level 90 of every class. I would love to hear what negatives this could possibly have but I can't think of any.
    First of all, it's "affect".

Second, no one said it's going to be B2Win, e.g. there's not going to be exp pots on the real life cash shop. There's only cosmetic stuff in there, and that's how it's going to stay.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
    The D3 that is actually very playable and enjoyable now?
    The same D3 that actually has had massive improvements over the last 12 months?

That D3?
    the d3 that is nowhere near as good as diablo 2
    the same d3 that will always be nowhere near as good as d2?

that d3?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauren View Post
    the d3 that is nowhere near as good as diablo 2
    the same d3 that will always be nowhere near as good as d2?

that d3?
    You kinda... like... reworded your first argument for your second one. Is that all you have to counter? Your opinions? A lot of my friends have been returning to D3 recently after all the revamping and they're saying it's a blast. /shrug To each their own.

OT:
    I like the idea of selling the XP buff. People already complain about how quickly leveling goes with BoA gear, although they choose to wear it so their wounds are self-inflicted. Maybe Blizzard wants to encourage people to take the knife from their throats by having to fork over their cash to reap a benefit. Granted it may not stop much of the whining because people are born complainers, but it's an idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please post in the already existing thread on this:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mshop-incoming

Closing as a duplicate thread.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."