Why do "better" skilled players think they should be the only ones to see content?

Using the same "logic" from other posts. Why do hardcore, heroic mode players think they are the only ones to deserve to see content? If I had a company that sold to the general public and a small percentage of my customers were the only ones that used a certain feature of mine. I would cut back on how much I spent on making that certain feature. Maybe the "elite" players would change their tune if Blizz cut back on heroic versions because so few people go into raids.

( I know a lot of people go do heroic raids, but im using their logic against them)

The opposite of this argument thread was closed for a reason, its just going to get closed again. Stop keeping the fight going. Ultimately it doesn't matter as Blizz is not shutting down LFR.

we just like things that show that we are better than the rest of the population. its just a game afterall, dont get so worked up

I think more skilled players should see more challenging content... but not content that is key to the storyline.

Deleted
    You aren't going to get 2.5k+ posts here, son.

Pointless thread. LFR isn't going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnmen01 View Post
    Using the same "logic" from other posts. Why do hardcore, heroic mode players think they are the only ones to deserve to see content? If I had a company that sold to the general public and a small percentage of my customers were the only ones that used a certain feature of mine. I would cut back on how much I spent on making that certain feature. Maybe the "elite" players would change their tune if Blizz cut back on heroic versions because so few people go into raids.

( I know a lot of people go do heroic raids, but im using their logic against them)
    Couldn't agree more.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know, why do people who work 60 hours a week think they deserve a higher paycheck than people who work 40 hours a week?

There is nothing wrong with having elite exclusive only content...

You know what, let's equalize the world. Everyone gets the same pay no matter what they're doing, everyone is the best at everything, so no need to go see a David Copperfield show, just do it at home yourself.

The mentality of the majority of today's players fascinates me. Progression has been nearly eliminated from this "MMO". I wouldn't even put WoW in the category of a MMO anymore. There's nothing massive or immersive about it. The worst thing they ever did was implementing a derp mode "LFR" version of raiding.

Raiding in Wotlk was perfect.. you had hard modes for people who wanted a challenge (OS 3D) and then you had normal raids which people were pugging not long after they came out. There's absolutely no reason to create a watered down version (LFR) of raids.

Don't give me that bullshit "casual" excuse. Somehow the term casual has been shifted into what the actual definition is over the years.

Casual in Wotlk - Well, I don't have time for a heroic guild, so I just do all the normals I can a week.

Casual in Cata/MoP - HURR DURR I shouldn't have to do boss mechanics, do adequate dps or anything, I'm a casual! I don't have time to play this game 24/7.

God this community pisses me off..

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a better question

Why do people feel the need to find conflict on forums?
    We all have different opinions for different reasons
    Agree to disagree and be done with it

Long story short, the lack of achivement when completing a dungeon is gone when everyone can just do it. Would be the same as if top 1000 got OL gold. Would make the achivement of earning gold at OL pretty pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR is a great way to see content. I never have time to raid anymore so I choose LFR. I love to know the story behind each expansion and I would be very confused and disappointed if there was no way to see the lore and storylines that only raiders get to see.
    I cried alone every single night. It felt like every day that passed here stole another piece of my real life away. After i cried, I’d go and fight as hard as I could. My only thought was winning, moving forward, and getting stronger. — Asuna Yuuki

In my opinion all these issues with LFR and casual vs hardcore, skilled vs unskilled would be greatly reduced if they made heroic/tier items unique in appearance vs LFR and normal mode. All heroic raiders want is to look different from the rest so others can see how good they are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the cesspool the last 134 page thread ended up being I think it's safe to just stop this where it is.