Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    yep achivements and gear score made it nearly impossible to pug if you dont have at least one toon in a raiding guild, its sad actually.
    Well...I can tell you that even if you don't have up to date achievements and gear, achievements can actually help you get into current content raids.

The question is what kind of achievements do you have. A couple of world firsts and such can really help you find a current content guild, who is willing to help you get up to date, or if you researched it and you can say with confidence that you researched it, it can get you into pugs too.

So really...achievements can either act as a road block, or as a calling card.

Gear score is and always was retarded. Item level is retarded too. It should be a hidden number, the game should be able to gear check you for unlocking content, but the number shouldn't be publicly available.

Like the item level 510 requests for Hc Scenarios.

Really?

Then you go in and the other two over geared morons kill themselves on the first pull, considering corpse run zerging a valid strategy!
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2013-07-07 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Like the item level 510 requests for Hc Scenarios.

Really?
    only 510 ? im always waiting for people with +/- 530 to whisper me but i guess that bonus on playing on high pop server i like my bonus vp
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2013-07-07 at 08:11 AM.

You can get experience by forming your own raid? Or even better, why don't you search for people who also don't have experience and they only want to try ToT? It's funny how you want to join in an experienced raid, who clears the whole content, while you don't know anything. Sounds like you're a free-loader. There are a lot of ways to get exp, you're just lazy.

Deleted
    Based on PuG experience, people want people who can carry the raid not people who can do the standard dps check. Ask a friend to pose as your main then log your alt.

Start your own pug, or get into a guild that is doing progression. shows guilds/pugs past exp if you have it. other than that i would wait until next expansion gear up with heroics then look for a guild when they're looking for people, or wait for flex raid for and little harder version of LFR..people will probably take you in as a flex raid pug.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. make sure you sell yourself by knowing all the fights and knowing them well. (fatboss, icyveins)
    2. be able to bring your own flask/food
    I am more likely to bring a person who seems committed and prepared over a slightly higher IL

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    You can get experience by forming your own raid?
    OMG DO NOT FORM YOUR OWN GROUP. If you haven't done a fight don't try to lead it. You will simply make people leave or have someone else lead it for you.

i used to use this excuse back when joining a pug on normal ds like on my hunter alt that just dinged like 370 or so ilvl lol. "hey 375 hunter here got full 12/12 achievments and destroyer's end on main LF invite"
    then if they'd ask what toon my main was. i would just link someones toon that i knew had cleared normal already and possibly heroic. its understandable and usually worked. sometimes they would ask u to login to ur main though, but most pugs arent that smart and as long as you've seen the fights on vids and lfr you'll know somewhat of what to do. if u die to something unforseen just blame it on lag.. it is normal after all anyway.

echoing the advice above me. dont raidlead if u dont know the fights. when i was going for DTR in firelands i ended up running FL for 19 weeks.. mostly because my old guild was too stupid to do heroics.. but also because i liked running fls.. even when i was leading it time after time.. id always learn something new... but to start from 0 knowledge and try and fake it.. thats never a good idea.
    Last edited by announced; 2013-07-07 at 12:37 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Bullshit rant with made up numbers neglecting the fact the progress on bottom of Armory is based on that character's progress not account. People do alt runs, ya know? Cause you progress on your main. That's why this whole problem exists. People realize players are generally a little bit less good on their alts, but don't want to teach anyone the mechanics cause they been there before already. Also, undergeared players will need more on gear. That is why the ilvl requirement is so high as it is. Is it ridiculous at times? Oh sure, and my alts suffer. Ie. I got 3 alts sitting on 505 equiped ilvl but if they require 520 for a complete clear and 510 for a fresh run I am not in. Ilvl doesn't even say everything cause higher ilvl doesn't necessarily mean better item.

- - - Updated - - -

That isn't a problem; that is your problem. Because if you fail to complete these simple steps I do not want you in my raid and I won't miss you either. (Note that I currently don't do alt raids cause I got some other stuff to do.)
    I dont care if it is a alt for that person! So because it is an alt, it is ok for that person to require the rest of the group to have the achi, for them to be sure they do not wipe? The tacts for all fights differs for ranged, melee and tanks! If you dont have achi on said char, dont request one of the other 9/24 people! It is not "fine" for you to teach someone and wipe a couple of times because they dont have the achi, but the other 9/24 people must be content to wipe and teach your alt how to do the fight? If you are so friggen leet, tell your RL to bring your alt on the next raid so THEY can carry you!!

On the flip side of things, I've almost never dealt with a raider from LFR that was able to do their jobs in raids. The problem is, LFR has got a bad reputation, it's pretty much the fault of blizz here, if you let people afk the content and get gear, they won't have much credibility when they try to transition to real raiding. Your best bet is to try to link any important achievements and start applying to guilds, you can generally get in to pugs if you try hard, if nothing else, just tell them you did the fight once but it was a while ago lol.... it wouldn't hurt to watch a few youtube videos too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Nzall/advanced

I'm at wits end. I can get nothing from LFR except a belt and 4P T15. I can get minor upgrades from heroic caches for some slots. but every time I try to join a normal ToT raid pug from trade, I get a reply in the vein of "sorry, you don't have any kills" or "looking for someone with more exp". And that's if they don't simply demand AotC right away, even for a non-lei shen pug. They check armory, so I cannot fake my achievement.

I could bribe someone, but that would take quite abit of time. I could join a guild, but I have nothing but bad experiences from guilds, either from malicious guild masters or from ignorant and dumb guildies. and even if I can find a decent guild, they ALSO ASK EXP...

It's a vicious circle: I can't get EXP because I don't have any EXP.

I am so sick of hearing shit like this!! My main has 13/13 hc down and i have 3 alts on another server and i started at 0 kills on them.You have to what i did and that is start a pug by your self. I cba ppl that wanna come in my pugs and i have to carry them so they get their kills and then can join other pugs. Get your finger out and start your own pug simple as that. You have to read taccs like every1 else and then you can clear it all....

Quote Originally Posted by Quirix View Post
    I am so sick of hearing shit like this!! My main has 13/13 hc down and i have 3 alts on another server and i started at 0 kills on them.You have to what i did and that is start a pug by your self. I cba ppl that wanna come in my pugs and i have to carry them so they get their kills and then can join other pugs. Get your finger out and start your own pug simple as that. You have to read taccs like every1 else and then you can clear it all....
    If your main is 13/13H then it doesn't matter if your alts have 0 experience or not, because you know it on your main. That is of absolutely no help to someone who might not have the experience on their main.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    You can get experience by forming your own raid? Or even better, why don't you search for people who also don't have experience and they only want to try ToT? It's funny how you want to join in an experienced raid, who clears the whole content, while you don't know anything. Sounds like you're a free-loader. There are a lot of ways to get exp, you're just lazy.
    This 1000 times.

People require achievements/kills/experience to make sure that you have put in effort into your character or at least have a clue of what is going on. Pugs (and I mean true pugs, not guild-hosted runs) are not a good place for progression/learning. Pug leaders want to clear content as fast and as efficiently as possible. A 510 ilvl alt from a heroic guild is of much higher value to them than an LFR-only "raider" that has no experience but better gear and has nothing but his own words to back up his claim to be "good". The pug leader has no connection to you and most of the time will not want to teach you anything, since chances are he wont have to raid with you ever again.

And just as a side remark, OP has 0 kills in normal ToT?. On my server Jinrokh-only pugs were going since the release of 5.2, considering he is easily killable by people in a mix of normal/LFR 5.1 gear. If you were really working hard from release of ToT to get some normal mode experience you'd at least have some jinrokh kills and definitely more than (4!) total t14 normal bosses killed.

And to people suggesting to lie on guild apps/pugs: wowprogress and guildox both track alts, guild history and transfers so be careful with your words, they might bite you in the ass later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I see this issue too. I've managed to get up to 517 ilvl without ever having set foot into normal ToT, yet every PUG I try and get it's the same story, "Sorry, you don't have any kills."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chopp View Post
    This 1000 times.

People require achievements/kills/experience to make sure that you have put in effort into your character or at least have a clue of what is going on. Pugs (and I mean true pugs, not guild-hosted runs) are not a good place for progression/learning. Pug leaders want to clear content as fast and as efficiently as possible. A 510 ilvl alt from a heroic guild is of much higher value to them than an LFR-only "raider" that has no experience but better gear and has nothing but his own words to back up his claim to be "good". The pug leader has no connection to you and most of the time will not want to teach you anything, since chances are he wont have to raid with you ever again.

And just as a side remark, OP has 0 kills in normal ToT?. On my server Jinrokh-only pugs were going since the release of 5.2, considering he is easily killable by people in a mix of normal/LFR 5.1 gear. If you were really working hard from release of ToT to get some normal mode experience you'd at least have some jinrokh kills and definitely more than (4!) total t14 normal bosses killed.

And to people suggesting to lie on guild apps/pugs: wowprogress and guildox both track alts, guild history and transfers so be careful with your words, they might bite you in the ass later on.
    Let me tell you something. prior to the last weeks of 5.2, I played on a low pop server. REALLY low pop, as in "Shrine NPCs get more voicetime than Trade" low pop. low pop as in " less than 10 players in orgrimmar during peak times" low pop. I had no chance AT ALL to get into any ToT raid. I only got into HoF and ToES by coincidence, because both of those groups were after 5.2, but before I transfered. I never had the chance to get into any ToT groups before 5.3, except for a trash farm in the first week of 5.2. I simply couldn't get into any ToT pugs before 5.3, simply because there weren't any which I could join before I transfered, and because I didn't yet have the itemlevel I wanted after transfer. I didn't bother with T14 after 5.2 because 5.2 LFR gear was better than anything I could get from T14, apart from heroic modes, both in ilvl and stats.

I was an LFR hero, not by choice, but by necessity, first because I couldn't even do ToT normal, after that because noone wanted me in ToT normal.

Next patch, I'm going to organize flex raids from the beginning. I'll organize flex raids for SoO, I'll take anyone who shows that they put effort in their gear and who doesn't mind a wipe or 2, and I won't get stuck as the eternal LFR raider YET AGAIN.

Next patch, I'm going to organize flex raids from the beginning. I'll organize flex raids for SoO, I'll take anyone who shows that they put effort in their gear and who doesn't mind a wipe or 2, and I won't get stuck as the eternal LFR raider YET AGAIN.

I still really dont understand why u dont find a regular spot in raid team which is progressing through normals instead u set your focus so strongly on getting into pugs ... -_- its summer many many guilds have raid attendance problems - its easier now to find a spot in raiding guild then it will be in autumn when people will return to game after summer holidays -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    I still really dont understand why u dont find a regular spot in raid team which is progressing through normals instead u set your focus so strongly on getting into pugs ... -_- its summer many many guilds have raid attendance problems - its easier now to find a spot in raiding guild then it will be in autumn when people will return to game after summer holidays -_-
    This could work. But still it is not to say that the raiding days and times will suit him/her. I take my hat off for you, atleast you are trying to go forward Temperance.
    GL with your future =D

Deleted
    I'm in the same position as OP. You'd think it's easiere now that it's summer and I'm on one of the bigger server in eu(silvermoon), but no, you just get ignored as a dps.

It's a vicious circle: I can't get EXP because I don't have any EXP.
    wait until you grow up and try to get a job, that's exactly like real life bro

Quote Originally Posted by Qaniki View Post
    I'm in the same position as OP. You'd think it's easiere now that it's summer and I'm on one of the bigger server in eu(silvermoon), but no, you just get ignored as a dps.
    erm i would belive u if not fact that im currently lvling my priest there and the amount of trade spam which look to recruit players and for spot in guild runs/pugs beats the server my main is Draenor EU et least 3 - 1 -_-