Poll: Will Melee Be Better Than Wizards Come 5.4 (PvP)?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why Melee >> Wizards Come 5.4

KJC nerf, Frost Mastery nerf, Shadow/Boomkin survivability nerf.. our only choice will be Ele Shaman or re-roll melee!

Thoughts?

PvP Rankings (if changes go through):

1. Ret Paladin
    2. Hunter (no melee, but will still be deadly)
    3. WW Monk
    4. Feral
    5. Rogue
    6. Warrior (either spec)

Ret is hardly overpowered, they just have great sync with hunters which are still by far the most dominant DPS. DK/hunter isn't far behind ret/hunter. Ele/lock is still very strong. Ele/mage hasn't changed much except becoming even more RNG based. In general it won't be much different from this season, you either play hunter/disc/melee or ele/disc/caster. Worst PVP expansion completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tasty Fish View Post
    KJC nerf, Frost Mastery nerf, Shadow/Boomkin survivability nerf.. our only choice will be Ele Shaman or re-roll melee!

Thoughts?

PvP Rankings (if changes go through):

1. Ret Paladin
    2. Hunter (no melee, but will still be deadly)
    3. WW Monk
    4. Feral
    5. Rogue
    6. Warrior (either spec)
    Can someone explain to me why Rogues are suddenly going to be dominant in 5.4 when they weren't in 5.3 ? Lol? .5% more to recuperate is really going to make that big of a difference?
    Last edited by achromatickang; 2013-07-04 at 11:58 PM.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think I'd put rogues that high.

Casters are still perfectly viable, frost mages still kick butt, locks still have insane damage and survivability, well idk about spriests, but melee won't be dominant in pvp.

Or maybe just maybe it will be balanced? Ha okay probably not.

I heard Killing Spree is going to be pretty good. However, I don't agree that Ret paladins should be that high. I feel like DKs will continue to dominate as one of the best melee pvp classes in the game.

Ret will hold up as a very powerful support melee and if not the strongest in small scale arena with what they bring to the table, But DKs and monks will still be marginally superior in large scale pvp.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think their doing it because for the last 4 seasons its be wizardcleave or bust for rbgs.
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixteen18 View Post
    Ret is hardly overpowered, they just have great sync with hunters which are still by far the most dominant DPS. DK/hunter isn't far behind ret/hunter. Ele/lock is still very strong. Ele/mage hasn't changed much except becoming even more RNG based. In general it won't be much different from this season, you either play hunter/disc/melee or ele/disc/caster. Worst PVP expansion completed.
    Ret burst is insanely op. Not to mention huge utility with aura, sacs, freedom and bops. If hunters still do absurd CC and eles are randomly globaling with rets next season will be a joke aswell.
    This expansion does indeed suck pvpwise :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

melee will definately have the easier time, but its not to say casters wont be viable.

whoever isnt thinking rets are OP doesnt actually play this game or they're bad at their ret.

Deleted
    Melee cleaves will be better then wizardcleaves, but not by a that big margine.

whoever isnt thinking rets are OP doesnt actually play this game or they're bad at their ret.
    Only thing that is kinda op is ret/hunter/disc synergy, and mostly due to disc stacking shields at the start of the match.

Did the killing spree change get reverted? If not rogues will be stupid beyond reason. Thug cleave #1

Deleted
    You do realize the frost mage nerf isnt really a nerf at all? and yes killing spree got reverted.

Your PVP ranking list is wrong.

Enhance shamans are far more stronger than Ret paladins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Killing Spree is silly on PTR, but combat is still an unimpressive overall pvp spec - Killing Spree is not going to make combat relevant outside of potentially a combat thugcleave (but they need to get their opener, and they need to get a kill during their initial smoke/spree/stampede - that's expecting a lot (too much imo). The bigger rogue buff is Glyph of Hemorrhaging Veins - which allows pvp subtlety rogues to no longer run Rupture to keep their 20% damage buff on target (it makes it work against Hemorrhaging targets), that means the rogue has an extra 5 combo points every ~30 seconds that would otherwise be ~wasted on keeping up Rupture buff. They already hinted at nerfing PTR-Killing Spree anyways, so I wouldn't get excited about that.

Despite the Hemorrhaging Veins glyph, Subtlety won't be a big player next season either.

Frost Mages and Ele Shamans are going to be great next season, for wizards - my lock might do alright.

I could see a lot of melee doing well next season, combined with hunters - some even double melee'ing. More likely we will see R(et)MP, Beastcleave, Enh/Fmage/Rdruid or Enh/Fmage/Disc (I mention Enh/Fmage/Rdruid because Symbiosis'd Enh gain Solar Beam, which we haven't seen enough of this expansion - but that's pretty ridic).

The problem I find with Ele is that I'm still not sure what to put them with to make them work, apart from Frost Mages.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    You do realize the frost mage nerf isnt really a nerf at all?
    You are boggling my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire mages are good on live if you know how to play them, and now they are getting a 15% dmg increase to their bomb, with no nerf in sight. Look out for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Killing Spree is silly on PTR, but combat is still an unimpressive overall pvp spec - Killing Spree is not going to make combat relevant outside of potentially a combat thugcleave (but they need to get their opener, and they need to get a kill during their initial smoke/spree/stampede - that's expecting a lot (too much imo). The bigger rogue buff is Glyph of Hemorrhaging Veins - which allows pvp subtlety rogues to no longer run Rupture to keep their 20% damage buff on target (it makes it work against Hemorrhaging targets), that means the rogue has an extra 5 combo points every ~30 seconds that would otherwise be ~wasted on keeping up Rupture buff. They already hinted at nerfing PTR-Killing Spree anyways, so I wouldn't get excited about that.

Despite the Hemorrhaging Veins glyph, Subtlety won't be a big player next season either.

Frost Mages and Ele Shamans are going to be great next season, for wizards - my lock might do alright.

I could see a lot of melee doing well next season, combined with hunters - some even double melee'ing. More likely we will see R(et)MP, Beastcleave, Enh/Fmage/Rdruid or Enh/Fmage/Disc (I mention Enh/Fmage/Rdruid because Symbiosis'd Enh gain Solar Beam, which we haven't seen enough of this expansion - but that's pretty ridic).

The problem I find with Ele is that I'm still not sure what to put them with to make them work, apart from Frost Mages.
    Everyone is so quick to push assassination pvp aside like its worthless or something. Since the Find Weakness nerf in 5.3 mut has been a lot more viable and ive been destroying people with it.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Everyone is so quick to push assassination pvp aside like its worthless or something. Since the Find Weakness nerf in 5.3 mut has been a lot more viable and ive been destroying people with it.
    Actually I'm a big fan of Assassination myself - I said Combat lacked the toolkit beyond a currently-OP Killing Spree (that won't go live). I'd very much like to see more Assassination rogues out there, they are the best of the three specs IMO - both in terms of gameplay and in terms of pvp balance. There is something fundamentally unbalanced about Subtlety mechanics, which is why it constantly cycles through broken/imbalanced. Assassination is a great spec - it deserves more love
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter