Poll: Will Melee Be Better Than Wizards Come 5.4 (PvP)?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Assassination is more or less in the same spot now as it was back in wrath with the addition of shadowstep and mastery.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    You do realize the frost mage nerf isnt really a nerf at all? and yes killing spree got reverted.
    No more deep nukes = no nerf? Lol.

The mage nerf is barely a nerf in PvE. The only time it'll lower your damage is in add situations where your Deep is the first stun to be thrown (so you don't miss out because of the DR). It has no impact on bosses/adds that can not be frozen at all.

But in PvP?... You won't have extra damage from ice lance spam during deeps, so now you'll have to rely on alter time and procs for your bursts during your deeps.

I'm not saying that this is a good, nor a bad nerf, I'm just saying that it is in fact a nerf.

Indeed. Wooty is either trolling or ignorant. It was admitted to be a nerf when GC was asked about it on Twitter. They don't want burst and CC to be so closely tied together. Too bad it took them this embarrassingly long to realize that was the issue with Frost mastery and the difficulty balancing Frost PvP and PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    But in PvP?... You won't have extra damage from ice lance spam during deeps, so now you'll have to rely on alter time and procs for your bursts during your deeps.

I'm not saying that this is a good, nor a bad nerf, I'm just saying that it is in fact a nerf.
    Lol, i am still receiving 70k ice lances and 80k frostfire bolts outside of freeze (as a 25% defensive stance warrior).

Mages didn't receive any nerfs as far as i am concerned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless i'm reading it wrong, affliction will be fine next patch.

Soul Swap looks like you just need to put dots up one time and just soul swap them all over the place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    The universe has so many galaxies that even the fucking plot to star wars has a statistical chance to have existed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Ghostcrawler called me up last night and he was all like, "hi." And I was like "I'm...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robles View Post

Soul Swap looks like you just need to put dots up one time and just soul swap them all over the place.
    Spreading will be slower due to 2 gcd's and soul swap doesn't refresh duration on spreaded dots.
    I hope they make the dot power competitive for the kjc nerfs and ss "nerf".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    You are boggling my mind.
    they "nerfed" casting, so you will see more and more mages just jumping around throwing instants instead.

Indeed. Wooty is either trolling or ignorant. It was admitted to be a nerf when GC was asked about it on Twitter. They don't want burst and CC to be so closely tied together. Too bad it took them this embarrassingly long to realize that was the issue with Frost mastery and the difficulty balancing Frost PvP and PvE.
    it will mean more and more mages will go for living bomb instead of frost bomb and never cast anything else with a cast time apart from polymorph. if you knew anything about pvp, this "nerf" will only make casting actual cast time spells useless and promotes spamming of instants instead. you might not die inside the deep but have fun trying to kick a mage that doesnt have to cast anything to kill you.
    Last edited by mmoc8773a6c500; 2013-07-06 at 12:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robles View Post

you're reading them right, but swapping doesnt refresh duration anymore.. also neither does FF. basically a game play change.

OT or at least on the thread of conversation.. mages aren't that bad off. lol.. but they did eat a nerf - they're just fine withstanding, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wootylicious View Post
    they "nerfed" casting, so you will see more and more mages just jumping around throwing instants instead.

it will mean more and more mages will go for living bomb instead of frost bomb and never cast anything else with a cast time apart from polymorph. if you knew anything about pvp, this "nerf" will only make casting actual cast time spells useless and promotes spamming of instants instead. you might not die inside the deep but have fun trying to kick a mage that doesnt have to cast anything to kill you.
    The instants (i.e. ice lance) in 5.4 do less damage unless they are instants from procs (i.e. FoF). It is a nerf no matter how you try to spin it.