Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Isn't it funny to see Garrosh now and look back at Krom'gar?

Poor guy was executed for his actions, but had he done it around current time, Garrosh would praise him.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

Deleted
    Yeah, true

Deleted
    Can you not just make one thread entitled "Salandrin's silly thoughts".

Ontopic, Everyone knows Stonetalon questline was out of character for Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. When you take Stonetalon into context with everything else he's ever done since becoming Overlord of the Warsong Offensive, Stonetalon turns out to be the odd man out rather than the other way around. It was a blatant attempt to shill Garrosh as the second coming of Doomhammer, but the problem is the rest of his interactions paint him out as a violent, sociopathic, nationalistic asshole that just gets worse and worse as his time as Warchief stretches on.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

No, so far Garrosh only attacked "enemy combatants" or those in open rebellion.
    Hint : Neutral druid village != enemy combatants
    Hint 2 : Theramore = enemy outpost

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account

how most ironic.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Everyone knows Stonetalon questline was out of character for Garrosh.
    Or maybe Garrosh is out of character in MoP?

I think it's funnier to look back at the emowhining buttnugget he was in Outland, myself. Actually, I prefer him that way. At least back then the only threat he posed was to himself and anyone forced to listen to 'waa waa waa my adopted gramma's dying and my daddy was a demon-humper waa waa waa'.

I think at that point they wanted to try to make Garrosh a more likeable leader. However with MoP having a large focus on the Horde vs Alliance they probably felt they needed an end boss (when they first announced MoP they had no plans for a final boss but a lot of people didn't like that) and Garrosh fit that role the best due to both the Horde and Alliance not liking him much.

It really just comes down to a change in the way they wanted the story to go.

Garrosh was behind the Stonetalon bomb. He blamed Krom'Gar to save what little respect Tauren may have had for him after the Shattering.

Conspiracy Conspiracy Conspiracy

Quote Originally Posted by babo7000 View Post
    Garrosh was behind the Stonetalon bomb. He blamed Krom'Gar to save what little respect Tauren may have had for him after the Shattering.

Conspiracy Conspiracy Conspiracy
    Prettymuch this.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

10+ Year Old Account
    As much a people think hellscream is evil he has NEVER attacked a civilian town. Stonetalon was a civilian target. Even now he would do the same thing to krom'gar.
    Aye mate

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Ontopic, Everyone knows Stonetalon questline was out of character for Garrosh.
    No it isnt, there have been other examples where Hellscream yelled at other people for how they fight/fought

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    As much a people think hellscream is evil he has NEVER attacked a civilian town.
    Theramore was a city. It had defenses, but it was still a city.

Even despite that attacking a village/town/city is not even "evil" anyways. If it was then every single army in history is evil.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Theramore was a city with a sizable civilian population.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I think at that point they wanted to try to make Garrosh a more likeable leader.
    How much better would it have been to have "ruthless leader learning responsibility"
    Instead we get "lets watch the Horde fall/break apart and fuck itself up and end up in the gutter"
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Theramore was a military target that supplied alliance forces in Kalimdor. He gave more then enough time for the few civilians there to get out. Which they did mind you.

There is a missive difference between that and some Druid training town.
    Aye mate

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Theramore was a military target
    Anything that flies an Alliance flag is a military target, does not matter wtf it is

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    So is just about every town that has been bombed in some war. Civilian deaths happens during wars.

Tons of civilian deaths in japan due to atomic bombs.
    Tons of civilian deaths in Germany during bomb runs
    Tons of civilian deaths in the Middle East due to bombing and Suicide bombings
    Tons of civilian deaths in England when Germany bombed them

I promise you there has never been a war where civilians were safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Those poor pixels.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i think whats really funny is to see how terrible the writing has been for garrosh. in my own opinion mind you, he was ment to be written as a hot head orc who was to be the opposite of varian and his own hotheadesness. again in my own opinion, i feel that a vocal minority of people made this known and as such blizzard said "fuck it, lets just kill him" and as such we have MoP.

im not a rabid garrosh fan, i thought he came off as a douche back when i first seen him and talked to him. that doesnt however keep me from seeing that they really didnt know what to do with him as a character from the beginning. i imagine that when they first came up with the idea of garrosh and planted him in nagrand that they thought players would appreciate that the hellscream name lived on and that he would one day live up to his fathers name. while he certainly has the temperament of his father he lacks none of the redeeming qualities, save for the stonetalon quest.

which is why i believe they just decided to scrap his character altogether and give in. shame really, because i feel like the character had so much potential.