Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post In game store will kill off Chinese WOW players

I don't have a US-BN WOW account so I post here, wish someone crucial could read this.

Zarhym:
    We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We’ll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses.

I wish this "certian regions" doesn't mean China. But most of Chinese players are 90% sure about it because "free" games in China can bring incredible amount of profit thank to some in-game store things. Tencent, a Chinese company runs only "free" games, earned 2.285 billions of RMB (372.9 Million USD) by selling LoL Heros, Skins and some other in-game store stuffs.

However, how normal players treat those "free" games and "free" game players, is just like how Diablo 3 normal players treats RMAH and pay-to-win players, and 1000% worse. Chinese players values their in-game achievements (not the Achievements) gained by their own efforts, like how parents values their children. And as a Chinese WoW player, WoW's "pay to play, pay effort to win" mechanism is like a representative of decency, dignity, moral, principle and whatever I translate it. Adding in-game store into WoW would took every of those from them, just like someone stripe all of your cloth away in public and thousands of ppl took a photo of you and upload it. They will feel ashamed, damned, cursed, chastised and whatever I translate it. And they already felt this when the blue post appears as a news. There is even few players made comments, others' heart just feel deep freeze and ctrl+W the page.

None of those I wrote before is exaggerated. Tencent, although it is the richest IT company in China. Its reputation among users is extremely low. People HAVE to use its product because of the local protectionism of Chinese gov. If they could have a choice, Tencent will lost 99% of its users instantly. And Tencent game, are considered as slums among decent players.

I hope, or I wish BLZ would think twice before making this decision and make a public declaration that this system will NOT be implanted into the game ASAP. Otherwise we are gonna see another waterloo.

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacHawke View Post
    Zarhym:
    We are currently exploring the possibility of adding a way for players in certain regions to make purchases directly within the game. As part of this process, elements related to this will be appearing on the PTR. We’ll provide additional updates on our plans as development progresses.
    Calm down bro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Odds are, Game time, and non-combat pets. Blizzard wont sell Epics or content like that, but they will open up a toy store. Also they have talked about a Real money Auction House but last I heard they scrapped the idea when it wasn't a success in Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponXAnimosity View Post
    Calm down bro.
    im pertty sure thats safe to say exploring means it will happen

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacHawke View Post
    "pay to play, pay effort to win" mechanism is like a representative of decency, dignity, moral, principle and whatever I translate it
    I love you China. For real

im pertty sure thats safe to say exploring means it will happen
    sofa analytics.

Hm. That sounds extremely dramatic. One could almost forget that we're just talking about a video game here.

Most of the sub losses were already Chinese players. Are there that many left to "kill off" ?

Do you not think blizzard thinks twice?

Deleted
    Get over it mate. I'm sure your life can go on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartungar View Post
    sofa analytics.
    No. The point is that the devs thinking about a pay2win scheme is already a bad sign.

I'm assuming it's going to be shit for leveling alts or non combat pets. Pretty sure they made it a pretty clear they would never have anything you get through IRL money or achievements that would increase the power of your character, just cosmetics.

If they open an in game store I will probably quit the game. It's bad enough with the BMAH and the current Blizzard store.

Deleted
    It will probably be just something like the Cartel Market in SWTOR. No big deal, it's good they do this.

What, they will get killed when an in game store appears? That is not good. On the other hand, there are an awful lot of Chinese people and if we kill all WoW players, they might be able to lift the one child policy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure its just going to be stuff they sell on the blizzard store site. but in game so you dont have to tab out. No buying epics like u seem to think it is

They are going to remain sub-based AND have an in-game store? Weird...perhaps they are thinking about going f2p. This model would make sense in the East for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiun View Post
    I'm assuming it's going to be shit for leveling alts or non combat pets. Pretty sure they made it a pretty clear they would never have anything you get through IRL money or achievements that would increase the power of your character, just cosmetics.
    How would you not consider that increasing the power of your character? It's a slippery slope, I don't like the direction it's going in. First mounts and vanity pets, now directly affecting your gameplay? A little too much over the edge

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet that the exp buff, if it is indeed bought with IRL money, will be for Asian markets who pay by the hour. Since no one knows what it's intended purpose is you may as well be screaming at a brick wall trying to find out till Blizz says what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

lol excessive drama.

Probably not a locked thread, because drama is good for hits and Master Thieblot's Empire (inc infraction though ..)