Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banur View Post
    No. The point is that the devs thinking about a pay2win scheme is already a bad sign.
    By doing what? Putting in a potion that speeds up leveling?

The only things to "win" in WoW are now at max level anyway.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Dartungar View Post
    sofa analytics.
    hehe funny. But, seriously if Blizzard didn't want people to find about it they would have left it on internal test servers. They want people to find about it without making an announcement to get people used to the idea and thinking about it that way when they decide to do it people aren't as shocked.

Deleted
    Oh my days. This forum has the biggest drama queens ever. Nothing has even happened and people are threatening to quit the game? As if anyone cares anyway! Haaaaaaa god stop being such losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post

decreasing your leveling time and increasing your time at max level is a "win scheme". This is directly paying IRL money for in-game power.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure they will not have those moral objections about translating RL wealth into in-game status.

What Blizzard is doing reminds me of the Herlihy boy housesitting skit by Adam Sandler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAWvldbuw7o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooninites View Post
    decreasing your leveling time and increasing your time at max level is a "win scheme". This is directly paying IRL money for in-game power.
    "power?" Does it help you defeat raid bosses? Does it help you kill players in PvP? Hell, some twinked out toon five levels beneath you at non-max level could easily wipe the floor with you, regardless of any XP buffs you have.

I could give a rat's ass if they boost leveling speeds (or even if they make them longer; I don't play alts.) Until they make something about leveling "challenging," there's really no reason for it to be seen as anything other than a time sink required to get to the content Blizzard seems to actually care about. And some very vocal players seem very adverse to making leveling content challenging, in the way that it would affect THEIR leveling speed. They want leveling to be "difficult" and "challenging" for other people, but they don't want it blocking their access to raids/arenas/etc.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2013-07-05 at 08:26 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

"power?" Does it help you defeat raid bosses? Does it help you kill players in PvP? Hell, some twinked out toon five levels beneath you at non-max level could easily wipe the floor with you, regardless of any XP buffs you have.

I could give a rat's ass if they boost leveling speeds. Until they make something about leveling "challenging," there's really no reason for it to be seen as anything other than a time sink required to get to the content Blizzard seems to actually care about. And some very vocal players seem very adverse to making leveling content challenging, in the way that it would affect THEIR leveling speed. They want leveling to be "difficult" and "challenging" for other people, but they don't want it blocking their access to raids/arenas/etc.
    How would you feel about potions that increase reputation gain in the item store?

That is just the start. Double Valor, Honor and Conquest coming soon. Full sets and legendaries next.

I could give a rat's ass if they boost leveling speeds (or even if they make them longer; I don't play alts.) Until they make something about leveling "challenging," there's really no reason for it to be seen as anything other than a time sink required to get to the content Blizzard seems to actually care about. And some very vocal players seem very adverse to making leveling content challenging, in the way that it would affect THEIR leveling speed. They want leveling to be "difficult" and "challenging" for other people, but they don't want it blocking their access to raids/arenas/etc.
    This is paranoid drivel. I have 2 90s, 3 86s and when I am bored I level new toons just for fun. I wish leveling was more challenging for my own enjoyment since I don't give a rat's ass about how other people play.
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-07-05 at 08:34 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    How would you feel about potions that increase reputation gain in the item store?
    When we are close to the end of expansion?
    Don't. Care.

This pot would only help too, if it would have been available at the start of MoP. And since it can't be used after lvl 90... who cares? It helps late comers/re-rollers catch up. That is it.

Deleted
    Lol it's just a game, calm down, no one cares about a china boy's achievements >_>
    I don't care if Im standing next to a dungeon normal blues player and his ground horse mount or a fully thunderforged guy who got world first ra-den and 250 mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wanko View Post
    When we are close to the end of expansion?
    Don't. Care.

This pot would only help too, if it would have been available at the start of MoP. And since it can't be used after lvl 90... who cares? It helps late comers/re-rollers catch up. That is it.
    If they put it in the store it would be available forever after that. Also that leads to the next questions.
    Would you be ok with a potion that increases valor gain?
    And then.
    Would you be ok with a potion that increases your chance of winning gear with charms?

You have to draw a line somewhere and as people get used to each new thing in the store the line starts to blur.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    Ah but you see, as long as reps offer gear as rewards, that is increasing the speed at which you are immediately able to purchase otherwise inaccessible gear. As would increasing valor/honor/whatever point gains. Last I checked, dinging max level didn't grant you the ability to purchase jack shit that the other people at max level couldn't also purchase, namely because that makes absolutely no sense.

But to directly answer your question despite its rather glaring false parallel, I really wouldn't care. I likely wouldn't buy it, and would simply progress at my own speed. I didn't farm hozen peace pipes or trawl the auction house for them when MoP was released. I did everything straight through. What someone else decides to blow their money on is their thing. I'm an avid mount collector; I vehemently grind raids and dungeons until I get the mounts they drop. The only mount I ever bought was the celestial steed when it first came out. And while many more cool mounts have come out on the store since, I really don't care enough to buy them.

Also, I thought the WoW economy was supposed to collapse back when they made the guardian cub available to buy off the store and then sell on the AH. How's that been going?
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Ah but you see, as long as reps offer gear as rewards, that is increasing the speed at which you are immediately able to purchase otherwise inaccessible gear. As would increasing valor/honor/whatever point gains. Last I checked, dinging max level didn't grant you the ability to purchase jack shit that the other people at max level couldn't also purchase, namely because that makes absolutely no sense.

But to directly answer your question despite its rather glaring false parallel, I really wouldn't care. I likely wouldn't buy it, and would simply progress at my own speed. I didn't farm hozen peace pipes or trawl the auction house for them when MoP was released. I did everything straight through. What someone else decides to blow their money on is their thing. I'm an avid mount collector; I vehemently grind raids and dungeons until I get the mounts they drop. The only mount I ever bought was the celestial steed when it first came out. And while many more cool mounts have come out on the store since, I really don't care enough to buy them.

Also, I thought the WoW economy was supposed to collapse back when they made the guardian cub available to buy off the store and then sell on the AH. How's that been going?

I think most people are fine with things as they are, I could care less about an xp gain I have 14 chars over lvl 85 with 5 at 90. I think where people differ is on how much they trust Blizzard to leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Really? Moral objections or what. Do you apply them to everything else in your RL? There is zero on the shop that you need. Some mounts some pets. So why exactly do you want to quit over sth like that?
    Tbh I'm surprised we didn't see more posts like the OP's when the BMAH rolled out with current-tier heroic gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    That is just the start. Double Valor, Honor and Conquest coming soon. Full sets and legendaries next.
    Speaking of paranoid drivel...

This is paranoid drivel. I have 2 90s, 3 86s and when I am bored I level new toons just for fun. I wish leveling was more challenging for my own enjoyment since I don't give a rat's ass about how other people play.
    Well then congratulations, you don't fall into the group of people I was talking about.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing this as unconstructive and already seriously derailed. As well, there's already a thread about this which has been very active and that's where you should continue the discussion if you wish.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...mshop-incoming

If the OP wants to make his appeal direct to Blizzard, there is an e-mail address for the community managers that can be found on the Blizzard web site. That will likely be somewhat more likely to be useful than posting here in hopes that someone at Blizzard will stumble across it.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."