Deleted

Everyone Vs Mage

Guys,

Anyone else notice in their raids that versus most class's that there is only a .2~.7% diff in dmge but versus mages theres often 2% depending obviously on the fight.

Is this just me or what?

What? I can't find the head or the tail on this post.

I think he's saying that mages are stronger than everybody else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    Alas, sweet prince! You hath received thine own ass handed to ye.

I believe he means the following:

take 3 hunters in a raid. Their damage will only vary 0.2-0.7% in between each other.
    take 3 mages in a raid. Their damage will vary 2.0% in between each other.

Now, I'd say RNG but that's true for anyone.

He's saying that mage damage is insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    I believe what he's saying is that other classes are fairly close in damage while mages are 2% ahead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you sure it's not just that the mage has better gear?
    Or very lucky with RNG?

Most fights I'm top 3 in our 10man right up there with our rogue and lock, however both do have slightly better gear than me.
    Mage damage is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

Mages are just op.. they have been for a long time.. but, wait.. why is this in the hunter forums ?

Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    Are you sure it's not just that the mage has better gear?
    Or very lucky with RNG?
    Most fights I'm top 3 in our 10man right up there with our rogue and lock, however both do have slightly better gear than me.
    Mage damage is fine.
    To objectively compare your raid dps vs other classes you first need to normalize it according to worldoflogs ranks. For example let's take your last Twin Consorts 10N fight: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4918&e=5364
    In Damage Done we can see your actual raid dps. Let's take top5 dps:
    Code:
    1. Warrior 174.8k
    2. Mage    149.8k
    3. Hunter  149.0k
    4. Warlock 130.9k
    5. SPriest 127.0k
    Now, to normalize class dps in raid we need to also check Ranking Info for that boss (chosen in menu), "% of limit" column:
    Code:
    1. Warrior 98.2%
    2. Mage    76.5%
    3. Hunter  84.2%
    4. Warlock 68.8%
    5. SPriest 71.8%
    It shows that warrior has better overall performance for his class than other people in raid.
    And finally, normalized dps sorted down for specs in your raid would be:
    Code:
    1. Mage    149.8k/0.765 = 195.8k
    2. Warlock 130.9k/0.688 = 190.3k
    3. Warrior 174.8k/0.982 = 178.0k
    4. Hunter  149.0k/0.842 = 177.0k
    5. SPriest 127.0k/0.718 = 176.9k
    It's not that much accurate now when people in very good gear don't visit normals but helps to see the real picture when someone says something like "I'm doing top dps in my raid, MM hunters are fine!"

Is this just me or what?
    Well it is you but then again it isnt you. You do not know how to read logs and understand what your seeing, you see a number and think it means something when the number needs to be qualified by the skill of the player and more importantly the players that are around you.

From your logs what you should see is this:

The warrior is pretty much playing perfectly (he is in the 98 percentile of all warriors in his spec on the fight)
    The hunter is good but not in the same league as the warrior by any stretch (84 percentile)
    The Mage is average at best (76 percentile)
    The shadow priest is average but not as good as the mage(71 percentile)
    The Lock is bad (68 percentile)

Thanks Osa for illustrating this above.

This is the biggest problem with people seeing hunters doing "good" they do not factor in the skill level. Anyone can do competitive dps on a hunter when surrounded by drooling monkeys and call it good cause they are in the top 3 in a 10 man. Once you get people of equal gear and skill however... things look bleak.
    Last edited by Larry01; 2013-07-05 at 12:47 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buxton McGraff View Post
    I believe what he's saying is that other classes are fairly close in damage while mages are 2% ahead?
    That's what I mean. I use recount, i'm not great with world of logs. I'm not much of a data analyst. I'm interested in learning how to better interpret the data i see.

I am taking gear into consideration.
    I am taking encouters into consideration.

What i am observing is a general consistent pattern of around 2% damage done throughout the course of Heroic TOT encounters.

What i would like to know is, if this is representative of other peoples experiences.

I play a Hunter, Typhin - EU Silvermoon.

1. A 2% difference in dps is nothing, I'd kill to be 2% under mages.
    2. It's a pretty well known fact that mages are top tier dps right now.

a mage gets good procs he'll be like 500k dps, our mage can burst like 700k single target in the start of a fight, it's retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by osa View Post
    To objectively compare your raid dps vs other classes you first need to normalize it according to worldoflogs ranks. For example let's take your last Twin Consorts 10N fight: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4918&e=5364
    In Damage Done we can see your actual raid dps. Let's take top5 dps:
    http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/
    http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/
    Do this exact thing on the entire WoL db.