Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The LFR change we're all waiting for

NOT AN ACTUAL CHANGE YET!!!

Players in Looking for Raid difficulty raids are no longer targeted by boss abilities and attacks if they are not in the boss arena.
    You know what I mean: You're in ToT LFR, the Troll one. You're at Jinrokh, you pull him. You have the most amazing RNG luck as a ret paladin: you have 6 stacks of Spark of Zandalar from the trash left, when you're in the pool, your Fabled Feather of Ji-Kun procs, shortly after your spark triggers 10 stacks and you troll up, with 14 seconds left on feather your dancing steel procs. You immediately pop your avenging wrath and your guardian of ancient kings. at 10 stacks of Feather and 20 stacks of guardian, you activate ES. Your DPS is the highest of everyone by far, the boss is going down like a sack of bricks... and then the boss turns out to have targeted that AFK hunter in the trash room with the lightning orb, the boss resets and the one time you had amazing luck, some asshat hunter ruins it all. If that's not worthy of some choice expletives, I don't know what is.

Honestly, Do you think they should change this? I mean, if it's the first boss, you often cannot even kick him because of the initial CD on vote kick. And I don't think it's right for 1 player to have this much power to reset a fight, even if it's by accident.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-07-05 at 06:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only time I've ever had a boss reset due to someone being locked out is Spirit Kings, so I don't see this making much of a difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamohn View Post
    The only time I've ever had a boss reset due to someone being locked out is Spirit Kings, so I don't see this making much of a difference.
    I've had Jin-Rokh reset 4 times on me, spirit kings also twice, and dark animus once as well. it's not often, but when it happens, it's 1 person wasting the time of 24 other people and enraging most of them. It won't make much a difference, but when it does, it's always appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    I've had Jin-Rokh reset 4 times on me, spirit kings also twice, and dark animus once as well. it's not often, but when it happens, it's 1 person wasting the time of 24 other people and enraging most of them. It won't make much a difference, but when it does, it's always appreciated.
    It's entirely your tank's fault for starting the fight before the hunter or whoever is in the arena.

Yeah because as we all know it's always the tank that pulls in LFR. Especially if you've been waiting around for any amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It's entirely your tank's fault for starting the fight before the hunter or whoever is in the arena.
    But... only one person was AFK on the ready check, surely you shouldn't WAIT for that person to get back (or kick them and wait for a replacement if they've been AFK for a while) before you pull, right?

I would love if they could add something that would like fade the boss out and make them unattackable (no clue HOW they would do it.. just brainstorming here) if you had less than a full group or if somebody was AFK. That'd prevent a lot of this "Just pull" crap where things like this can happen or where you zone in to a boss only to get hit by the oneshot mechanic before you have a chance to react.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2013-07-05 at 02:37 PM.

Have you actually been in LFR ? I'm not sure the tanks are even in the room when someone from team "GOGOGO!" decides to pull. I can't even remember the last time the group got a ready check for Dark Animus. As soon as the orb can be hit, you'll see that warlock, Priest, Hunter, Mage fire off a spell.

On topic, Good change, wish it was around sooner. Also wish there was a 30-60 second delay from when the last trash mob dies until the boss can be pulled, but I know LFR players are very busy people. 60 secs is a lifetime!

Of course, what I have seen happen enough to believe it's the real case, is one or two of the healers or people who qued as a healer is actually a DPS and they are pulling before they get caught.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-07-05 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    Tanks pulling in LFR?
    You would be surprised.
    I have seen DPSs who even set up a pull timer. o_O

No wonder I no longer tank LFRs, too much drama. >_<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Have you actually been in LFR ? I'm not sure the tanks are even in the room when someone from team "GOGOGO!" decides to pull. I can't even remember the last time the group got a ready check for Dark Animus. As soon as the orb can be hit, you'll see that warlock, Priest, Hunter, Mage fire off a spell.

On topic, Good change, wish it was around sooner. Also wish there was a 30-60 second delay from when the last trash mob dies until the boss can be pulled, but I know LFR players are very busy people. 60 secs is a lifetime!

Of course, what I have seen happen enough to believe it's the real case, is one or two of the healers or people who qued as a healer is actually a DPS and they are pulling before they get caught.
    seems like my disclaimer wasn't big enough yet. Check the CAPS above the fake blue post. It's just something i'd love to have implemented. But I don't want a 30-60 second delay on pull. that won't solve anything involving the group not being inside and just means that short term buffs will expire. A number of classes stack up resources on trash before the boss, at least if it's not cleared on pull. In the example I gave, I had 6 stacks of the horridon STR DPS trinket. Everything aligned on that first pull to give me an amazing burst, EVERYTHING! and some lame ass huntard who was AFK got targeted an orb and fucked it all up for the remaining 24 players.

People are in way too much of a hurry in LFD / LFR. Almost every time you zone in, sit to eat a food buff and it's off to the races before your butt hits the ground. I'd settle for even a 10 sec delay.

you can give all the timers and warning in the world and you'll have people in LFR getting locked out

Quote Originally Posted by Temperance Brennan View Post
    seems like my disclaimer wasn't big enough yet..
    Oh my bad, I thought that it was a PTR note, not a completely made up note.

Having the group wait 60 secs before a pull can save more grief than someone wanting to flex their LFR DPS. I'v had the good luck of having my que pop, hit Accept and then get told I can't enter because the fight had started. There I just had my 30s min que wait wasted, because they kicked someone and couldn't wait the 5-10 secs it takes me to get zoned in. What I'm more interested in preventing is the trash pulls like in HoF in which the healers would be near OOM and someone would instantly tag the boss. At the start of HoF, that was normally a wipe.

In terms of trinkets, you want to juice up your numbers at the cost of someone else. My trinkets just proc'd at the end of the trash, I got a 60 sec wait on one and unknown on the other, So a early pull for me is bad (not that I really care). Worrying about cheesing your DPS in LFR is one of the problems with LFR

Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    you can give all the timers and warning in the world and you'll have people in LFR getting locked out
    Well, there is two different problems here. The AFKers will probably always be AFK even after 5 mins. A boss not targetting them would be nice. The other half is more to keep team GoGoGo from pulling before a person can get zoned in or at least a little time for tanks and healers to get set.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-07-05 at 03:30 PM.

Well this should never happen to begin with. Don't pull when people are AFK and if people are AFK you kick them before the pull. Simple!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Well this should never happen to begin with. Don't pull when people are AFK and if people are AFK you kick them before the pull. Simple!
    And war/famine/etc should never happen either, yet as we all know...
    If things could be only this simple. *sigh*

People care about their dps in LFR?

Really?

I'd only care about the fact I lost a minute of my life.

Don't fake Blue Posts unless you are VERY, VERY clear in your OP that it is fake. We don't want to be spreading misinformation. -_-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arothand View Post
    But... only one person was AFK on the ready check, surely you shouldn't WAIT for that person to get back (or kick them and wait for a replacement if they've been AFK for a while) before you pull, right?
    i dont even answer the ready checks in LFR. the tanks just pull anyway, so i dont bother.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krolikn View Post
    Blizzard have deigned that impossible in some cases with the magical 'This person cannot be kicked for X Minutes' feature.

Some people just live to be a burden, accept it. I wish I had so little regard for the time spent by my fellow players to just queue for dungeons/raids and then bugger off to do my own thing. Must be nice.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    Would prefer an auto kick/no loot for inactivity would solve more problems than what they have done. no excuse for doing nothing in a raid.

- - - Updated - - -

and queue kicks, you click kick it will pass through next time your out of combat than having to chase it up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Don't fake Blue Posts unless you are VERY, VERY clear in your OP that it is fake. We don't want to be spreading misinformation. -_-
    Yes. Don't do this. I've removed your fake quote. You're welcome to discuss this idea, but not if you're going to make it appear as if it is official.