Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    I found it very odd that Alliance Humans (hell even Dwarfs) don't have Alliance-paladin organisation/order (Like Sunwalkers or Blood Knights Order in the horde side), consider the fact that they were 1st paladins ever introduced in Warcraft. Sure trainer said to our newly created paladin that we are Knights of Silverhand but aside from that alliance paladins got nothig. I think blizzard should add die hard alliance-paladin organisation, would love to see some Warhammer Inquisition/Scarlet/Brotherhood of Light attitude in that organisation. It could also change Anduin from peace loving Hippie to Bad-ass Paladin commander
    If I remember correct, there's even a still-active branch of the silver hand in Stormwind under Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker's rule. However Varian is the High king of the alliance... He can definitely create a new paladin-based organization.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Crusade doesn't care about the Alliance-Horde war outside Sylvanas's behavior. They're more focused on rebuilding a Lordaeron devoted to the Light with the territory they control in the Plaguelands, and both the Alliance and Horde have shown every inclination of letting them do exactly that unmolested, because of the esteem Tirion holds in the Horde and Alliance (and the respect he repays them with in kind).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Octavius View Post
    If I remember correct, there's even a still-active branch of the silver hand in Stormwind under Lord Grayson Shadowbreaker's rule. However Varian is the High king of the alliance... He can definitely create a new paladin-based organization.
    Don't even need to go that deep into it. He's the king of Stormwind, which alone affords him more than enough political power to encourage the Church of the Holy Light to establish a new order of Alliance-leaning paladins called the Silver Hand. Tirion didn't take control of the entire order, just those Silver Hand paladins who adhered to his ideals and wanted to create a new, revitalized Lordaeron out of the Plaguelands like he did.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Thermaplugg yer butt View Post
    With the threat of the Scourge diminished, the Lich King dormant or under Bolvar's control, and most of the lesser foes in the Plaguelands defeated, will they someday focus their attention on the Forsaken and join the Alliance? Could we see another neutral faction picking a side, just like the Kirin Tor did?

I would welcome this move. The Alliance needs a foothold in northern Lordaeron, as it's pretty much under Horde control.
    If they were to have the argent crusade join the alliance then the ebon blade would need to join the horde to make it a acceptable trade off other then that no. The Argent Crusader is made up of many different races so they would in effect cut their force by a good chunk if they joined. Also i think they may play a roll in the war against the Burning Legion assuming the next xpac in legion based. The Argent Dawn aided against the attempted invasion via the dark portal but do to the scourge still being a major threat could not afford to send their forces to outland. So i fully expect to see them take a roll as the tip of the spear vs the legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the threat of the Scourge diminished, the Lich King dormant or under Bolvar's control, and most of the lesser foes in the Plaguelands defeated, will they someday focus their attention on the Forsaken and join the Alliance? Could we see another neutral faction picking a side, just like the Kirin Tor did?

I would welcome this move. The Alliance needs a foothold in northern Lordaeron, as it's pretty much under Horde control.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    I think what he mainly means the Horde has a foothold in Southern Eastern Kingdoms (Grom'gol Base Camp in STV), while the Alliance has no camp/small town in Northern Eastern Kingdoms.
    3 bases in Western Plaguelands which has 1-2 alliance NPCs is basically a neutral Argent Crusade/Earthen Ring camp.
    Aerie Peak says hi!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

I'm thinking they'll become Argway, a multilevel marketing organization.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    I think that Bolvar will flip out when he sees Sylvanas using the Val'kyr to raise the dead similar to the lich king.
    Maybe demand the destruction of the val'kyr.
    Bolvar going rampage against Sylvanas would be so cool :|

The Argent Dawn has a faction called The Brotherhood of the Light, which seems to be Alliance-oriented. For example Eligor Dawnbringer was a quest giver in Wintergarde Keep affiliated with the Valiance Expedition (alliance town in Drangonblight, close to Naxxramas).

Perhaps the Argent Crusade will split and The Knights of the Silver Hand and the Brotherhood of the Light will join the Alliance, leaving only the Argent Dawn as a neutral organization.

That's what I want! I wished that Varian would land at King's Harbor, pass through the devastated scarlet lands with a battalion of royal guards and head to Heartglen to do the exact opposite Tirion did at the end of the DK quest chain: Separate the Argent Crusade in order to rally the Silver Hand back to the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acepox View Post
    That's what I want! I wished that Varian would land at King's Harbor, pass through the devastated scarlet lands with a battalion of royal guards and head to Heartglen to do the exact opposite Tirion did at the end of the DK quest chain: Separate the Argent Crusade in order to rally the Silver Hand back to the Alliance.
    Yeah, I'm sure that'll go over well. Varian rolls in with a full cadre of troops and demands the Argent Crusade break up so he can annex its troops into the Alliance. Be a great way to piss off every paladin in the world, lose the trust he's been building among his allies as they wonder when he'll decide to ignore their sovereignty and break up their armies to suit his needs, piss off every other neutral faction as they start wondering if he'll decide to go annex their troops next (especially the Cenarion Circle and Earthen Ring), and generally just set him on the same road Garrosh just finished walking.

Thing is, Varian respects the hell out of Tirion and wouldn't do anything to interfere with Argent operations unless it's to help them or request aid. The entire reason the Crusade gets away with staying neutral in a political landmine like Lordaeron is because he's won the respect of just about everyone in Azeroth and Kalimdor--he's the hero's hero. It would be both easier and more politically convenient for him to simply reform a Silver Hand from within the Alliance and let whoever wants to leave the Crusade to rejoin do so, rather than turn it into a political disaster waiting to happen by rolling in with troops and demanding Tirion bend the knee to him.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account

We could see this if the Forsaken continue down their road of mad science and necromancy. The Crusade wouldn't necessarily countenance all out war with the Horde in its entirety though - there's a lot of Horde members in the Crusade, but they could remain with them even if the Crusade sides fully with the Alliance - pretty sure there's a blood elf and some other Horde races that are officially alliance allies.

If Crusade ever did fully join the Alliance against the entirety of the Horde instead of just the Forsaken, they'd probably tear themselves apart from within and cease to be the Crusade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgePayne View Post
    I think that Bolvar will flip out when he sees Sylvanas using the Val'kyr to raise the dead similar to the lich king.
    Maybe demand the destruction of the val'kyr.
    Bolvar using mind-slaved Scourge to fight against free-willed Forsaken... I think you have the wrong impression of who everyone will turn against for being similar to Arthas/Ner'zhul LK.

Also, the shitstorm over the cover-up of Bolvar becoming the new LK.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-06 at 01:18 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    We could see this if the Forsaken continue down their road of mad science and necromancy.
    Asking Forsaken to not do that is like asking Night Elves to stop hugging trees or to ask Dwarves to give up their beer
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    You cannot compare the Kirin Tor with the Argent Crusade. The Kirin Tor became neutral for a question of circumstances, but remained, in its core, an Alliance organization, with its roots in the Alliance. The Argent Crusade have individuals tied with the Alliance, but this organization bore completely out of any alligiance, and with a precise purpose, one much more higher and fervently sustained that any the Kirin Tor have.

Plus, the Argent Crusade is composed of individuals coming from the Horde too: orcs, tauren, blood elves, forsaken, there is a lot of them there and there is no reason for which the Argent Crusade should kick out them in "Sunreavers's style" since they faithfully follow the "holy goal" of the Crusade, which is the reason in the first place for why they joined it.

In Dalaran there was an obvious split between the Alliance and the Horde side of the city, in the Argent Crusade factions are meaningless. Compare it with the Kirin Tor arguing that something similar could happen is baseless.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    One thing I felt the writers missed in cata, was having the argent crusade and the new quests in the plaguelands address the threat of sylvanas and her march east and south across the lands, turning it into scourged shit.
    This should be addressed, its not a 'horde and alliance so we're stay out of it' issue, its an issue that sylvanas will literally ruin everything there working towards.

In her own lands fine, but if she keeps doing a garrosh and turning lands to scourge'ville, like she did to hillsbrad, the crusade needs to address it.
    The Forsaken don't scourge anything, they just used the plague in Southshore, which don't bring the same kind of permanent desecration that the Cult of the Damned constantly kept in the Plaguelands. If you notice it, while dark and grim, Tirisfal and Silverpine are nothing like the former Plaguelands, in which the land is kept tainted and desecrated by the Cult. The Forsaken don't desecrate lands in Scourge-style, and in Hillsbrad there is no sign of decaying trees and wildlife massively turned into undeath, they just killed the humans with the plague and built some settlements there.

They never attempted to "scourge" their own claimed lands too (the dark look remain such because, on the other hand, no one is there to "purge" the land) and this didn't happen in Hillsbrad aswell. Tirion showed his thoughts on Sylvanas but about her concerning similarities with the Lich King, not about the Forsaken "scourging" lands.

Well, yeah their lands will always look dark and depressing but that doesn't mean desecrated.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-07-06 at 01:55 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Well, yeah their lands will always look dark and depressing but that doesn't mean desecrated.
    To the eyes of the living it may be.
    But undead are not living, to their eyes fields of grain and flowers and nice trees are distasteful and nasty
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    To the eyes of the living it may be.
    But undead are not living, to their eyes fields of grain and flowers and nice trees are distasteful and nasty
    Indeed, and after all, the lands are theirs, so "outer opinions" are irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

I hope Tirion will bend sylvanas over his knee and give her a firm spanking

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    If there is a reckoning with Sylvanas, I'm sure the Argent Crusade will be involved somehow.

However I don't really think it's likely that they'll side with the Alliance outright. The Kirin Tor were traditionally Alliance-aligned and they only went neutral in WotLK due to the Nexus War. The Argent Crusade on the other hand have always been presented as a neutral organization, and there is no clear divisions between their members from traditionally Horde or Alliance races.
    Hey you just came up with the new factions name, The Argent Reckoning.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure that'll go over well. Varian rolls in with a full cadre of troops and demands the Argent Crusade break up so he can annex its troops into the Alliance. Be a great way to piss off every paladin in the world, lose the trust he's been building among his allies as they wonder when he'll decide to ignore their sovereignty and break up their armies to suit his needs, piss off every other neutral faction as they start wondering if he'll decide to go annex their troops next (especially the Cenarion Circle and Earthen Ring), and generally just set him on the same road Garrosh just finished walking.

Thing is, Varian respects the hell out of Tirion and wouldn't do anything to interfere with Argent operations unless it's to help them or request aid. The entire reason the Crusade gets away with staying neutral in a political landmine like Lordaeron is because he's won the respect of just about everyone in Azeroth and Kalimdor--he's the hero's hero. It would be both easier and more politically convenient for him to simply reform a Silver Hand from within the Alliance and let whoever wants to leave the Crusade to rejoin do so, rather than turn it into a political disaster waiting to happen by rolling in with troops and demanding Tirion bend the knee to him.

Hmm. Oh. Hahaha. I wasn't clear enough. Sorry. My bad.
    The Royal Guards will protect Varian from the Scourge of Corin's crossing and the Forsaken of Andorhal. They aren't enough to conquer Heartglen(3000 souls)
    Varian will come up with a speech such as:
    ¨The Lich King has been defeated!
    By the Argent Crusade, (while not entirely true, this will keep them from angering)
    Without your aid, the Alliance couldn't have vanquished the Scourge by itself. (lol at the Horde)
    The Crusade's goal was achieved.
    But the Alliance needs its Knights.
    The Forsaken are no better than the your fallen nemesis!
    They have plagued Southshore, they have raised the dead in Andorhal, they torture their prisoners!
    They test their Scourge-like weapon on them! On your brothers, your sisters!
    And so, I call you, Knights of the Silver Hand, back to Stormwind, to the Cathedral of Light, to willfully serve the Alliance once again,
    To protect its people from the forces of darkness!

OR

Tell Tirion his duty was fulfilled, that he has defeated Arthas, and so, if he wishes to join the Alliance, letting the Horde members of the Crusade go back home peacefully, he would be granted the title of Lord of Heartglen and a seat in the House of Nobles, promoted to Field Marshal and given Command of the Allied Forces in Northern Lordaeron.

I don't think the Crusade would go back to the alliance, nor do I want them to. I've always imagined Tirion and the AC to be above the fighting between the alliance and horde. That being said if he were to fight any other faction it would probably end up being Sylvanas and the Forsaken for what they have done/ are doing. They would probably ally themselves with the Knights of the Ebon Blade and adventurers of the Alliance and Horde to stop her. That being said it would be great to see a new organisation for Alliance paladins.

I would however, love to see the AC and KotEB help us in the next legion expansion.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

TBH, I'd prefer Tirion to stay neutral. I just want the Silver Hand to come back to the Alliance because that's where they belong. They joined up with the Argent Dawn only to defeat the Lich King. Mission complete, now go back to usual business.

If the Argent Crusade goes to Alliance, the Earthen Ring and Cenarion Circle should go to Horde. The Earthen Ring because Shamans were and should have stayed Horde.