Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acepox View Post
    While no living being remains, the Forsaken are still using Plague tanks in the area. I thus conclude their goal IS to corrupt the land.
    Also,
    "the Forsaken want to eventually inhabit the areas purged via the plague, though when more powerful versions are used the land becomes uninhabitable for a cooling down period."
    Indicates they are corrupting the lands, and only the most powerful version makes it temporarily uninhabitable for the Forsaken, permanently for living beings.

"Deathstalker Commander Belmont and a number of Blightspreaders assault Shadowfang Keep. As the Forsaken fight inwards, they spray down most areas with another strain of blight"
    Suggests the enemies are already dead but they keep "blighting" the area and that the Forsaken are immune to that version of the blight.
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28324

We used a fairly potent strain of blight against the humans of Southshore. As you can see, it worked. The trouble with blight use, though, is that blight tends to stick around after it's served its purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28324

We used a fairly potent strain of blight against the humans of Southshore.
    Reason for which oozes erupted, and the player is sent to take care of them for "hasten" the process, at least partially.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    But you're understanding from WHAT the Cenarion Circle and the Argent Crusade are cleansing the fucking Plaguelands? They're cleansing it by the Scourge's taint, by a Plague that widespreaded on the entire Lordaeron by the times of the Third War, a Plague refreshed and maintained to its fullest potential in the Plaguelands by the Cult of the Damned, and their only goal was to keep the land like it was before the Cenarion Circle and the Crusade came. The very ecosystem of Lordaeron was tainted, the nature corrupted, the wildlife infected, was all a fucking mess. THIS is for what the Cenarion Circle is focusing its efforts.
    This is what the Forsaken Plague is going to undo. I do not understand what you are trying to convey. That the Forsaken plague won't disrupt the ecosystem and corrupt the land? On what ground are you making that assumption?
    Go look at Southshore. Granted that was a more powerful strain. Yet they still had to test to see how long it would be until it was habitable. Something that has to be tested for such things is going to affect the ecosystem.

It is a Plague. It was designed and distributed to kill everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The Blight doesn't disease a cured land, it's just a weapon of mass destruction, and when its effects dissapear, the land is still cured, because has not been infected by a disease spreading like a virus. The Blight is NOT a goddamn disease and don't spread like such. It's just a destructive weapon, not an infecting device.
    Do you know the definition of plague?
    The Forsaken Blight is a disease. It is even referred to as one when it was made.

I think you should play through the Forsaken content and get your definitions straight on what a disease is. You are also saying some things that make no sense whatsoever such as "It's just a destructive weapon, not an infecting device.". Sorry but the two are the same it is an "infecting device", that is the weapon.

At this point I do not know what you are trying to argue.
    You've said that the Forsaken Blight is not a disease. This is false.
    You've said that it's a biological weapon not a tool to spread infection. The two are the same.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2013-07-08 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    The Forsaken Blight is a disease. It is even referred to as one when it was made.

I think you should play through the Forsaken content and get your definitions straight on what a disease is. You are also saying some things that make no sense whatsoever such as "It's just a destructive weapon, not an infecting device.". Sorry but the two are the same it is an "infecting device", that is the weapon.

At this point I do not know what you are trying to argue.
    Scourge Plague was a contagious disease that incubated in an infected person over a span of days. This allowed for widespread contamination far beyond ground zero which was the intent.

Forsaken Blight is fast acting and kills almost immediately. There is practically no risk of contamination spreading beyond ground zero. It is more akin to a radiation or a gas chemical bomb.

- - - Updated - - -

While no living being remains, the Forsaken are still using Plague tanks in the area. I thus conclude their goal IS to corrupt the land.

Also,
    "the Forsaken want to eventually inhabit the areas purged via the plague, though when more powerful versions are used the land becomes uninhabitable for a cooling down period."
    Indicates they are corrupting the lands, and only the most powerful version makes it temporarily uninhabitable for the Forsaken, permanently for living beings.

"Deathstalker Commander Belmont and a number of Blightspreaders assault Shadowfang Keep. As the Forsaken fight inwards, they spray down most areas with another strain of blight"
    Suggests the enemies are already dead but they keep "blighting" the area and that the Forsaken are immune to that version of the blight.
    There's trees and grass growing in the contaminated area. Doesn't look like it's infecting the habitat with decay the way Scourge Plague does. It's more like a radiation or a chemical bomb.

I beg to differ. The presence of Blight Slimes and Infested Fawns, Bears and their Cubs post-cataclysm suggests it IS a disease.

- - - Updated - - -

There's no living grass inside Southshore, and the trees are clearly affected, look at their color. They're black while the trees in the backround are green.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Scourge Plague was a contagious disease that incubated in an infected person over a span of days. This allowed for widespread contamination far beyond ground zero which was the intent.
    Not so sure about that. The missions in WC3 would indicate that death is almost instant upon contracting the plague where missions would show villagers going back into their houses and immediately emerging as a zombies.

- - - Updated - - -

I beg to differ. The presence of Blight Slimes and Infested Fawns, Bears and their Cubs post-cataclysm suggests it IS a disease.
    Zul just got his definitions muddled up. It is factually a disease. There is no debate about that.

- - - Updated - - -

There's trees and grass growing in the contaminated area. Doesn't look like it's infecting the habitat with decay the way Scourge Plague does. It's more like a radiation or a chemical bomb.
    But they're all grey and dead?

There's no living grass inside Southshore, and the trees are clearly affected, look at their color. They're black while the trees in the backround are green.
    One in the pool is green.

I blame Southshore ex-residents.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know those infested animals have nothing to do with Blight right? They are nowhere near Southshore and they are infested with SPIDERS.

You know where else slimes show up? Outside Gnomerigan where there is radioactive contamination.

- - - Updated - - -

If the Forsaken were all about plaguing the land, why is their territory uncorrupted? Tarren Mill is lush and vibrantly green. Silverpine is thickly forested. No part of Forsaken territory looks like the Plaguelands that wasn't already that way because of the Scourge.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-08 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    This is what the Forsaken Plague is going to undo. I do not understand what you are trying to convey. That the Forsaken plague won't disrupt the ecosystem and corrupt the land? On what ground are you making that assumption?
    Go look at Southshore. Granted that was a more powerful strain. Yet they still had to test to see how long it would be until it was habitable. Something that has to be tested for such things is going to affect the ecosystem.
    For twist the ecosystem you have to provoke a grave unbalance in the nature itself. This is what the Plauge of Undeath caused, because corrupted everything, in every form, the whole meaning of the Scourge and its plague was to eradicate life itself; obviously that caused a devasting unbalance, and what Druids are meant for is, indeed, restore balance in a place where this balance has been compromised.

It is a Plague. It was designed and distributed to kill everything.
    No, it's a chemical weapon intended to kill everyone in its area of effect. Not spread elsewhere far by that, viciously infecting the land and desecrating it. It doesn't cause unbalance, because doesn't affect anything else apart the hit zone, and even the said zone can recover in due time. Damn, in Southshore there is just destruction, indeed, the blight is everywhere, but the trees and plants around are sane, the ground far a bunch of yards by it have plenty of verdant grass.

There is no sign of infection on it, and hints suggesting a land becoming tainted aren't present. This means that the Blight didn't spread at all to zones not directly hit by it.

Yeah, I know the definition of plague, but you clearly not. Anyway when I used disease in that quote, I intended a viral disease. With the simple definition of "disease" is intended any kind of agent, contracted in various ways, that afflict an organism and make it feel "sick", which can be the case, for example, of a bacterian; the Blight just act in this way, with a violent reaction that kill almost instantly organisms, even undead.

A plague is not just a disease, it's a viral infection, that after having infected an organism, quickly find ways for spreading, infecting other organisms, used as hosts for affect a greater number of organisms, until the infection completely go out of control. That's how the Plague of Undeath worked.

I think you should seriously reconsider your definition of "plague".

You've said that the Forsaken Blight is not a disease. This is false.
    It's a disease, like anything that affect organisms. The reason for which the Blight kill persons is indeed because act like a powerful devouring disease, killing them in no time.

But is NOT a plague, it is NOT a viral disease. It doesn't spread from the zone hit by the bombs, since doesn't seem to affect nature at all, not even the zone directly hit by a concentrated version of the Blight; seriously, there is a completely sane, green tree in the middle of a Blight pool, and ironically the gray ones are excatly those more distant by area of "contamination", which implies that the state of those trees are absolutely indipendent by the effects of the Blight.
    But regardless of its properties, hosts are killed so quickly that they have no chance of spreading anything to animals or other humanoids regardless.

You've said that it's a biological weapon not a tool to spread infection. The two are the same.
    Biological weapons are weapons developed, indeed, in a "biological" way, using living organisms instead of steel, explosive and fire. This doesn't mean that such a weapon have always to spread as a viral infection out of control. The only infection brought is to the unlucky ones hit by the bombs. Plus, the Blight can be defined more as a chemical weapon, than a biological one, anyway. (even if the difference could not be huge, by this point of view.)

- - - Updated - - -

Not so sure about that. The missions in WC3 would indicate that death is almost instant upon contracting the plague where missions would show villagers going back into their houses and immediately emerging as a zombies.
    A zombie, a ghoul, almost any melee unit in the Scourge was able to easily spread the plague, it's sufficient a bite or a scratch and you're infected, like Romero taught to us. The victims of the Blight just die. They don't turn in mindless zombies going around and infecting everything they have contact with. They just die there, they don't go anywhere, let alone that everything hint that the Blight don't have the same viral properties of the Plague, since it doesn't spread and desecrate plants and nature in general in the same way.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-07-09 at 03:36 AM.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    True, Tirion should be executed at the time, at the end of the day the punishment for high treason is death, and assist an enemy is high treason.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly, while Blizzard does not say anything relating to Calia, she may be alive and waiting to come into action (which is the more interesting possibility).
    They tried to have him executed. He was rescued by Thrall and his new Horde because he showed honor to Etrigg.

Zulkhan, wrong. The Forsaken aren't affected by the New Plague as much as the Living. The area won't be habitable by living species for Hundreds of years, as for the Forsaken, only a dozen will suffice.
    Also, look that green tree, and then at those in the background. The first seems much less healthy, and even looks like it has taken the Blight's color. There is no living grass inside of Southshore and not a single plant lives in the nearby farm.

Don't tell me anymore that the tree in the fuckin' blightpool is healthy. It is clearly corrupted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zalinea View Post
    They tried to have him executed. He was rescued by Thrall and his new Horde because he showed honor to Etrigg.
    Nope, he was exiled. Eitrigg was to be executed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zulkhan, wrong. The Forsaken aren't affected by the New Plague as much as the Living. The area won't be habitable by living species for Hundreds of years, as for the Forsaken, only a dozen will suffice.
    Also, look that green tree, and then at those in the background. The first seems much less healthy, and even looks like it has taken the Blight's color. There is no living grass inside of Southshore and not a single plant lives in the nearby farm.

Don't tell me anymore that the tree in the fuckin' blightpool is healthy. It is clearly corrupted.
    Funny, the Forsaken designed Blight so it would kill Scourge (which it does). Forsaken and Scourge are physically identical. Forsaken are just as vulnerable to Blight as anyone else.

It's no more corrupted than the irradiated areas around Gnomerigan.

Not as much as the living. See how fast orcs and humans turned into goo while the Lich King only coughed at Wrath Gate? I know he is viewed as a demi-god by some people, yet, there's a huge difference in damage caused.
    Read more carefully. I never said they weren't affected, but much less than living beings.
    And yes it is, else, all those gnomes would've died. But I still consider that area to be heavily corrupted. And so you have acknowledged the Southshore area is corrupted aswell.
    Finally, no, Forsaken aren't physically identical. Ghouls and Skeletons don't even look like the playable Undeads' cousins, cause they're not the same. The Forsaken still have organs, a mind, and eat mushrooms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not as much as the living. See how fast orcs and humans turned into goo while the Lich King only coughed at Wrath Gate? I know he is viewed as a demi-god by some people, yet, there's a huge difference in damage caused.
    Yes, Arthas didn't instantly die because he's fucking Arthas. All his Scourge minions keeled over.

Read more carefully. I never said they weren't affected, but much less than living beings.
    And yes it is, else, all those gnomes would've died. But I still consider that area to be heavily corrupted. And so you have acknowledged the Southshore area is corrupted aswell.
    There's a difference between contaminated and corrupted. Plague corrupts, it changes the physical properties of the lifeforms affected to have undead qualities. Blight contaminates, it makes the immediate area hazardous to life and kills things that are there too long.

Finally, no, Forsaken aren't physically identical. Ghouls and Skeletons don't even look like the playable Undeads' cousins, cause they're not the same. The Forsaken still have organs, a mind, and eat mushrooms.
    Umm... Forsaken were Scourge... They are physically identical.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-09 at 02:53 AM.

Yes, Arthas didn't instantly die because he's fucking Arthas. All his Scourge minions keeled over
    Still, he wasn't a god.
    There's a difference between contaminated and corrupted. Plague corrupts, it changes the physical properties of the lifeforms affected to have undead qualities. Blight contaminates, it makes the immediate area hazardous to life (no different than radiation).
    Hmm, yeah... Plague is magical, Blight is biological. To me, contaminate and corrupt are synonyms in this discussion. The wildlife is killed or corrupted by the Blight. It's simply not the same corruption as the original Plague's, yet still as bad.

Umm... Forsaken were Scourge...
    Yes, but a different "race" of undead. After they betrayed Arthas, the Scourge only had a few Forsaken-type scientists remaining(4-5).
    Last edited by Acepox; 2013-07-09 at 02:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, yeah... Plague is magical, Blight is biological. To me, contaminate and corrupt are synonyms in this discussion. The wildlife is killed or corrupted by the Blight. It's simply not the same corruption as the original Plague's, yet still as bad.
    Please show me wildlife corrupted by Blight. And before you say infested bears, etc again: Those infested animals have nothing to do with Blight. They are nowhere near Southshore and they are infested with SPIDERS. There are plenty of turtles swimming happily in the river right at the edge of Southshore completely unaffected.

Yes, but a different "race" of undead. After they betrayed Arthas, the Scourge only had a few Forsaken-type scientists.
    There are tons of "Forsaken type" undead in the Scourge. Like almost the entire population of Lordaeron plus the Northrend humans Ner'zhul experimented on. Only a small fraction broke free to become the Forsaken.

I already told you about the trees, grass, and farms.
    As for the Scourge. No, they do not have that type of undead in great numbers anymore. The Lordaeron undead as you say, ARE the Forsaken, as for the Northrend Humans tested on, that was before the events of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, the "New Plague" was specifically designed for kill undead in the same manner of the living. Forsaken are undead, so they will die in the same way.

Let's even consider that this is true, who cares? Just right outside of the contaminated perimeter there are verdant grass and healthy trees. You saw how Brill is structured? Those trees in the middle of ex-Southshore would be just cut off anyway, and the "new" Southshore would be builded in a similar fashioned town, when the zone will not be "off limits" anymore. It's something the land could "survive" without becoming the new Plaguelands, trust me.

Are you seriously using the Lich King as "common" comparison? The Lich King was not just "viewed" as a demi-god, he was a god-like being, for a good amount of reasons. Maybe you haven't noticed it in the Wrathgate cinematic, but the moment the scene is turned towards the Lich King, his undead lackeys fall down instantly.

Undead are always undead. The Blight is designed for kill everything in the Scourge with the same efficiency; the Forsaken are not an exception, since they were part of the same stuff, they have just free will now. Saying that Forsaken are biologically different by the rest of the Scourge is like saying that the High Elves are biologically different by the Blood Elves.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-07-09 at 03:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already told you about the trees, grass, and farms.

Still grass and shrubs. Notice the distinct lack of corruption of those cows? They were killed, they weren't infected with undeath. Blight contaminates, it doesn't corrupt.

Maybe that farm is barren because nobody is farming there... The farm in Tarren Mill is also barren and there was no Blight bombing there.

As for the Scourge. No, they do not have that type of undead in great numbers anymore. The Lordaeron undead as you say, ARE the Forsaken, as for the Northrend Humans tested on, that was before the events of WoW.
    Again. Only a small fraction of Scourge broke free and became Forsaken. Blight was designed to kill undead, Forsaken are undead.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2013-07-09 at 03:28 AM.

No duh! Only, but almost all of, forsaken-type left the Scourge. Ghouls, geists, skeletons and other shits are still in there.

Well, either it is an Easter egg suggesting that Chris Metzen is Hindu(jk, do you get it?) or Blizzard was to lazy to make blighted-cow-corpses, because it is the same New Plague which turned the Forces at the Wrath Gate into piles of goo.

*note*: This has nothing to do with the Argent Crusade anymore, I hope moderators won't see it. xD